What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo Switch

Not played MK online yet. Is it worthwhile? I’m a ‘people in the same room’ multiplayer type.
Tbh I'm not sure if I like it or not mate. It's defo manic and the weapon availability and use is prolific (too much imo detracts from the racing). If you have Nintendo Online just jump into a race ,there's no preamble, chit chat etc. If you're winning 200CC GPs you should be able to hold your own (albeit at the back). Best leave it this week, being half term you might get drubbed:p

What do you all use for your controllers? And where abouts do you have the switch base itself? My lounge setup is more geared to the traditional consoles under the tv approach and my wii u was better for this. The switch is hard to place somewhere and i have it currently sort of next to but slightly behind the tv, not great!!!
I play the majority of mine in handheld mode only. I rarely play it in docked mode, but if I do I just pop the joycons into the standard pad holder that comes with the Switch.

Official pro controller for me. Probably one of the best controllers ever made for any console IMHO. If your playing on your Switch docked it’s a must.

Official pro controller for me. Probably one of the best controllers ever made for any console IMHO. If your playing on your Switch docked it’s a must.
I had problems with my pro controller.
Sent it back to ninty and still a problem. Ended up putting tape partially over the joypad pcb pads.

Anyway I've got Retroarch running on it at the mo.

Yeah I think I’ll have to just get an official one. Tried to be a cheap skate with a 3rd party one, but it’s just not quite right and makes things annoying, plus it crashed the switch after the last update!

Trying to use remove the small joycons each time is too annoying to after you dock it

How well does it run? better than on a RP?
It runs pretty good.
It's not a full range of cores yet . PSX downwards works 60fps +
N64 is just starting to work now. Devs are on Patreon so I guess milking that for a while which is understandable.
Saturn is working but too low a frame rate.
DS is just starting.

This is a good alternative if you like the SNES look (who doesn't!). Does everything Pro does except NFC and normal rumble not HD.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/8Bitdo-SF30-PRO-Bluetooth-Gamepad/dp/B0748S3GXG

View attachment 80049

yeah was looking at those awhile back, they look cool, but was pu toff alittle as not official and my 3rd party one i have currently (must look at what it was) wasn't great

Also its annoying you can use the wii u wireless controllers on the switch, as they always worked perfectly and they were dirt cheap to

Also its annoying you can use the wii u wireless controllers on the switch
If you mean Wii U Pro Controller you need a dongle like the Mayflash-NS for it to work. Imo the Wii U Pro Controller is better than the Switch Pro Controller, glossy piano black vs transparent and also it showed the remaining battery via the player LEDs.

So... TETRIS99 isn’t addictive AT ALL!?

Was averaging 60-70th place, then I just got a 5th! EXP 640 and rising.

This is at least as much fun as it was linking 2 original Gameboys up for a 2 player in 1990.

And I just completed Mario Odyssey with 301 moons too, after putting it down for months. Great Bowser battle twist! Now just the other few hundred moons to find....:oops:

Last edited:
Totally forgot about this thread ? I'm obsessed with Mario kart, put over 50 hours into it and still regularly come last online.

My friend code is 7840-2975-0014 if anyone fancies a race! Always good to have more people in the friends list!

Here's my friend code, if you don't find me hanging on Cheep Cheep Beach I'll be at Thwomp Ruins :p
2769-8094-0015

Another point re. controllers, I read some 3rd party can't wake the console from sleep (using Home button), this is really convenient using the Pro when the Switch is docked :thumbs:

Gotcha Daddykong :-o worst thing I did is set my Switch up on 2nd work desk monitor.

So... TETRIS99 isn’t addictive AT ALL!?

Was averaging 60-70th place, then I just got a 5th! EXP 640 and rising.

This is at least as much fun as it was linking 2 original Gameboys up for a 2 player in 1990.

And I just completed Mario Odyssey with 301 moons too, after putting it down for months. Great Bowser battle twist! Now just the other few hundred moons to find....:oops:

Haha, Yeah, Im loving Tetris 99 too. Usually get to top 10, still haven't won one though.

I gave up on Mario, but Max finished it, then went to the darker side of the moon or something... No idea how many moons he's got now.

I've been considering taking it to work with me too but I know I'll get absolutely nothing done if I do ?

Enjoying Dead Cells, Mario Kart and Ikaruga currently. Are you guys switching countries to get your digital games from the cheapest region?

Back
Top Bottom