What's new

Night Moves - How to Credit Up Easily & Mercury Switch Advice?

Biff

Site Supporter
Alias
****a
Hi

Recently acquired a Night Moves - yeeeeeeeyyy. Looking for a way to easily credit up. Is there a wire i can interrupt and short / Open circuit with a new contact behind one of the other buttons maybe one of the score buttons for putting your name up?

Also looking for a cheep mercury switch or similar. Planning to use this in a league meet. One to prevent it from being angled shall we say without making the plumb bob over sensitive, thought of putting in a simple mercury switch in parallel with the plumb bob connections.

Thanks

JB

Yes, you can jumper the diode board just inside the coin door on system 80b's. Then it uses one of the high score entry buttons to add credits.

Hi. Do you have a diode and board reference please, may be a pic or two also?

Thanks.

JB

Hi. Just checked and that board does not seem to exist. There is no board that fits that description.

How does the coin mech register a coin drop to the main system? Is there any way i can install a duplicate set of n/c contacts on top if the high score name selection buttons and then interface this into one of the wires coming out of the coin mech? It seems the coin mech cable temrinates into cream coloured board on the right above the door.

Thanks

JB

P1020680.JPG

May have sussed it. Downloaded the manual from IPDB today and i can see that at J5 on the A1 control board, what might be pins 4 and 10, or on A1J5 switch 3 and 5 and pin 5 and pin 7 of the connector. Left advance switch = pin 5 and pin 7 left coin chute. So if i stick a switch or link between 7 and 5 on the A1 Controller it should do the same thing as per the link above...

Any comments anyone?

JB

aha. Now your talking. Will see if they would be kind enough to sell me a programmed PROM. I don't have the kit to make my own.
Thank you!

JB

Okay. So Jim will be sending me a ROM set with the free vend option which will work with his boards - good news. Thanks @myPinballs

I forgot to mention that it is his main board board in Night Moves.

Also checked out his site yesterday, did not realise he did so many replacement boards: -

http://mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp

Wow, nice one. Hope you make shed loads of money on these as for every MPU you do it could mean an innocent pin lives on - very cool. I think i need to get out more and explore my hobby more often.

Thanks Jim!

JB

Back
Top Bottom