What's new

Night Moves display - 1 digit out

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Before I start looking at this any advice appreciated.

1 whole digit won't light, in game or in test, on the lower display... the first digit on the left.

Likely to be a broken trace? Duff component?

Night Moves is a Gottlieb System 80b though I think (?) the display unit is unique to these cocktail machines.

Chiz
Sgt GrizZ

Night Moves is a Gottlieb System 80b though I think (?) the display unit is unique to these cocktail machines

Your correct from my understanding :thumbs: I think it's the board that's specific to Night Moves.

Pinball resource - as a last resort
GTB-MA999-C101 $167.50ea

Weird only one display out.
Would think a leg may have snapped at the glass?
Otherwise guesstimate would be usual Gottie sys 80b check - cracked fatigued/pin - true for sooo may sys80 faults

Pinball resource - as a last resort
GTB-MA999-C101 $167.50ea

Weird only one display out.
Would think a leg may have snapped at the glass?
Otherwise guesstimate would be usual Gottie sys 80b check - cracked fatigued/pin - true for sooo may sys80 faults

Or Just give it to me and I'll take the pain away... ;) :D

Looking at the under-playfield image on IPDB, I would definitely start looking at solder joints. That poor old display board is flanked on both sides by pop coils... a cold and cracked joint seems a sure guess especially on a smaller game like that with less wood to soak up vibration.

I fixed it.

I simply willed it to work, and today it's working again. Never underestimate the power of the mind [emoji16]

....... or the flakiness of a connection somewhere

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
I fixed it.

I simply willed it to work, and today it's working again. Never underestimate the power of the mind [emoji16]

....... or the flakiness of a connection somewhere

as someone who has a few Gottlieb games connector connection problem are common , replacing pins fixes it

Back
Top Bottom