What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NIB choices.

Kilgore

Registered
Alias
Dave
I have the opportunity to buy my first NIB pin.

I really want a Metallica Premium. Ive played a LE a good handful of times and absolutely love it. Im a big fan of the band which helps too. Ive been also considering a GB premium or possibly even a MMr. Ive played GB pro a fair few times. I find it a little hard, seemed to drain a lot! Visually i think its awesome but is Metallica a better game??

Just wanted to see what people think, and if you were in the same position what would you think about buying and why? Have there been any rumours as to what the next Stern title or Jersey jack will be? I played Hobbit a fair bit too and its ok but not amazing in my opinion. Certainly not for an extra £1000 more anyway.

Personally for me I would go for a Hobbit. Different class to a Stern

If I was picking a Stern I would try to go for an LE to maximise resale value down the line

Sounds like you have decided.... Get Metallica, you know you want it, don't be swayed by others.... Get what YOU want.

But as you asked....... GB seems to have been fairly well received though jury still out on proclaiming it a total success, maybe a little worrying that a few people seem to be ditching it already??

MMr.... I wouldn't bother. Despite its status the fact is it's an older era game beginning to show it's age next to modern games.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I've played the hobbit quite a lot and whilst i don't dispute the build quality is fantastic on the Jersey Jacks i can't help being a little disappointed with the game. Feels to me like they haven't quite put as much heart into it as WOZ, seems quite a lack of toys and things to do IMO. Id be interested to see know whats up next of them @jonathan

Yeah i think you could be right @sgtgrizz I was also thinking the same about the amount of GB's for sale lately. As far as I know you can back order them from Stern through Phil at Pinball heaven Andy

On a visit to TILT I played GB the Hobbit and Star Trek. The GB was very hard and didn't like the look of it. The Hobbit looked gorgeous and had a more laid back feel. The Star Trek was good if you like ramps and had a simple style and look. I also played MM which is the one I'd take home - great game all round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely go for Metallica but would recommend the Pro over the Premium given that the premium doesn't offer enough extra (spinner, snake lock, moving grave cross) to justify the price difference.

MMr is a good game but lacks in depth compared to modern sterns.
Not played GB yet
Metallica is great

A NIB is a massive gamble. For every good game there is also a Mustang or a WWE

I'd pump for the known quantity and go for Metallica as you know you enjoy it and the code is finished

I've played Metallica a few times and find it dull as dishwater.
I have also played WOZ a few times and love it, so much more advanced than any Stern due to the LCD and the colour changing LEDs. I would get a WOZ :eek:.

Definitely go for Metallica but would recommend the Pro over the Premium given that the premium doesn't offer enough extra (spinner, snake lock, moving grave cross) to justify the price difference.

full on hammer, coffin lock, subway, Colour changing LED's.

the pro is dull, i'd go for the premium as it's Waaaay better. If you want NIB then you can't get a LE (and it's more money for cosmetic differences).
Don't write off GB yet, the premium will play different to the pro (which is designed to gobble quarters on site).

Have you considered a Walking Dead ? Very highly rated game and still available NIB I believe.

Personally I wouldn't worry do much about re-sale value because you shouldn't be buying it as an investment. It you want to make (save) money pay off a credit card of decrease your mortgage. Buy a Pin because you love it. Play it, play it and play it again and again.

If I was buying a NIB, it would be Walking Dead. Then Ghostbusters as it is a superb game and I'm still getting to know the rule set. Don't know much about Metallica but but if YOU love it, buy it. As for JJ machines, haven't had any experience with the Hobbit but WOZ may be fancy, look good and have a great LCD screen but I can't get on with them. It's all about the game play and Sterns are nailing it at the moment.

Best of luck!

If you like Metallica then go for it, but if you can afford it go premium, the price difference between pro and premium is more or less cancelled out when it comes to resale, premium will hold the extra value.
The MET premium seems to be a great game I'm not a fan of the band that's the only thing that holds me back from owning one.
Remember everyone has different tastes, there isn't a single game that everyone likes.

Metallica Premium all the way, 3 years later they are still coming off the production line, that in itself is proof it is still very popular and sort after.
I feel it is worth paying the extra over a pro.

Metallica is a fun game. I don't really get why you'd buy one NIB when there are perfect condition used ones for far less money now though - seems like a lot of money to open a cardboard box to me. If I had my heart set on a NIB, I think I'd get something more recent that wasn't already available used.

Metallica is a fun game. I don't really get why you'd buy one NIB when there are perfect condition used ones for far less money now though - seems like a lot of money to open a cardboard box to me. If I had my heart set on a NIB, I think I'd get something more recent that wasn't already available used.
Where are these used Metallica's for sale?

there are very few late model Sterns out there at all never mind for sale second hand. apart from GB it seems LOL

Metallica in my top 3 Sterns - great game.

As for the future.

Well for Stern, supposed to be Aerosmith with colour lcd next, Borg and Lyman. Then Star Wars.

JJP have Pat's unlicensed game that is supposedly called 'Dialed in' and has 4 magnets, and some sort of 2 way mirror.

Last year an ex-employee (?) leaked the next 3 JJP titles to Pinside. Dialed in also has been traded marked by JJP, so I think it's a pretty safe bet. It's a big risk going for an unlicensed theme though. That huge screen is really well suited for film / high quality TV shows but what will it be like with original graphics? I hadn't actually heard of the 2 way mirror thing but thought there was some kind of divider going across the table to block shots. Guess we might hear a bit more about it by the end of this year?

Last year an ex-employee (?) leaked the next 3 JJP titles to Pinside. Dialed in also has been traded marked by JJP, so I think it's a pretty safe bet. It's a big risk going for an unlicensed theme though. That huge screen is really well suited for film / high quality TV shows but what will it be like with original graphics? I hadn't actually heard of the 2 way mirror thing but thought there was some kind of divider going across the table to block shots. Guess we might hear a bit more about it by the end of this year?
'Dialed In'....... seriously!?! surely one of the worst titles for a pinball machine ever.

'Dialed In'....... seriously!?! surely one of the worst titles for a pinball machine ever.
Agreed, don't want to be the one to say it but it could be a huge flop. I hope I'm proved wrong, and it's the next big thing but given the choice of Aliens, Star Wars or Telephones....

Did everyone forget about " Kiss " ??
I picked up Phil D's one a while back and it's loads of fun , looks super sexy , wasn't a kiss fan and still think they are super cheesy but those songs get you going , the game flows super smooth the mini wizard modes and the main wizard modes are super challenging, I have found myself playing it most days and getting 2x 3x 5x bonus going is wicked..

See for sale post next week ;)

That was it. Toy Story/Muppets/Pirates.
Mobile phone on game calls you to tell you what shots to make:eek:

Back
Top Bottom