What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Pin. Give me some ideas folks.

Alan Syson

Site Supporter
A combination of lockdown, retirement & arthritis means I'm clearing all the crap out of the house that's accumulated over the years.

First on the list is my Ducati ST4S, it's sat in the garage for 5 years & not turned a wheel, my wrists can't take the punishment & I haven't even got the strength to get it on its centrestand.
It has a private plate on it which I intend to sell, should be worth between £5k - £10k+, I suppose like pins it's worth what people are prepared to pay. That along with the value of the bike should make for a decent pin pot.

Current line up is MM, LOTR, JY & FT. I'm not a huge fan of modern Sterns, they seem a bit "clunky" & I know this sounds a bit daft, there's too much to "go" for, miss a shot & you always seem to hit summat else worthwhile anyway. That, along with never ending multiballs, to me they seem to drain then get spat back in, especially when I'm playing someone else in a comp.

Problem is compounded by the lack of shows, no chance of test driving any of the newer tables & to be honest I tended to stick with old favourites at Pinfest, NERG etc. they were easier to get on to & you tended not to have to queue to get on them.

Of the occasional newer tables I sampled, quiet liked WOZ, Alien, thought Hobbit a bit meh & TNA had something about it. Not really interested in remakes, would like to get up to date before my fingers give up the ghost too,

Cheers,

Alan.

+1 on TWD or Star Trek, X-Men, Game of Thrones, AC/DC, Dialed in...

TWD sounds like the one to me too, you definitely earn your points on that game!

Can't go wrong with Iron Maiden, unless you really don't like their music. It's good at showing you what to go for, the modes seem very different too. Turn it up to number 11🙉.

Agree
And if you don’t like the music you disco maiden!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Peeps! Thanks for the pointers so far, apologies for not getting back sooner bit I’ve had no kip for a couple of days.
Recommendations seem a bit Stern heavy, just had a quick blast on LOTR and well I dunno it just seems... clunky compared to B/Ws, need to play some I suppose, which I can’t do ATM.
Next step is to get the bike MOTd so I can get the plate off it. My brother wants it & as he’s now colloquially called what I’ve been all my life, much to my chagrin, he’s the obvious recipient. (And I don’t mind stinging him).
Anyway, keep them coming, if nowt else it’s keeping me entertained 👍
Cheers,
Alan.

Your mention LOTR, which I think is an amazing game based on code. However it isn’t a terrific shooter. If you want flow, I don’t think that era of stern is great for that, the ones I have had.

However ACDC is great from my experience of it.

I have had DI, wouldn’t call that a flow game would we? Not sure.

TWD isn’t clunky, it has great flow, especially the pro and the CDC shot, but a lot of shots lead to the pops and can stay in the pops quite a bit, when it drops out and goes STDM which it can even when set up right, that may frustrate you. TWD makes you pick your shots. If you want tough games like that with less pops to STDM, IM and BKSOR are tougher games. IM has ramps which are nice, BKSOR has the upper playfield. Depends what era you’re looking for.

Surprised GOTG not been mentioned, the ramps in that are flow as anything. Think it’d be hard to get one, as with most Stern LCD games to be honest. IMDN in the same category probably less flow but overall better code.

I think the Stern LCD games generally have deeper code, and less multiballs than JJP games, just an observation and open to interpretation. The closest “long playing” game Stern have which is Multiball packed is BM66 and that has been described as a clunk fest. Still the code outweighs that for me.

A combination of lockdown, retirement & arthritis means I'm clearing all the crap out of the house that's accumulated over the years.

First on the list is my Ducati ST4S, it's sat in the garage for 5 years & not turned a wheel, my wrists can't take the punishment & I haven't even got the strength to get it on its centrestand.
It has a private plate on it which I intend to sell, should be worth between £5k - £10k+, I suppose like pins it's worth what people are prepared to pay. That along with the value of the bike should make for a decent pin pot.

Current line up is MM, LOTR, JY & FT. I'm not a huge fan of modern Sterns, they seem a bit "clunky" & I know this sounds a bit daft, there's too much to "go" for, miss a shot & you always seem to hit summat else worthwhile anyway. That, along with never ending multiballs, to me they seem to drain then get spat back in, especially when I'm playing someone else in a comp.

Problem is compounded by the lack of shows, no chance of test driving any of the newer tables & to be honest I tended to stick with old favourites at Pinfest, NERG etc. they were easier to get on to & you tended not to have to queue to get on them.

Of the occasional newer tables I sampled, quiet liked WOZ, Alien, thought Hobbit a bit meh & TNA had something about it. Not really interested in remakes, would like to get up to date before my fingers give up the ghost too,

Cheers,

Alan.
Damn, shame about the Ducati, that ones a classic 👍 but I did the same recently. You get attached..... I was gutted letting go of my Diavel and Daytona lost a small fortune but that’s motor vehicles and bikes for ya.
I have to put it to the back of my mind and forget about it 😬
Stern Kiss is a flowing pin, worth a look.

Damn, shame about the Ducati, that ones a classic 👍 but I did the same recently. You get attached..... I was gutted letting go of my Diavel and Daytona lost a small fortune but that’s motor vehicles and bikes for ya.
I have to put it to the back of my mind and forget about it 😬
Stern Kiss is a flowing pin, worth a look.

My wrists just can’t take any weight and now inflammation in my shoulders is somehow affecting the nerves to my hands, one tendon has been knocked out of some groove in my right hand resulting in a droopy finger & my left has permanent pins & needles which rise to a very painful crescendo when in bed.
Tinkering with the idea of a lightweight runaround, had a TDR250 once, fantastic bike that unfortunately got nicked out of my garage along with a Kawasaki 900 ninja. Wouldn’t mind another one of those. If you could find one...

^^^ Nightmare, be good if you find something suitable as you will def miss it. I love proper sports bikes but wrists - jeez. The worst bike I had for that was my Ducati 749. It was a torture chamber on wheels, in the end I just did track days on it but the clutch lever was so heavy you just couldn’t use your left hand after half a day at Knockhill.
Sports bikes is a young mans game but you can still have plenty fun sat a bit more upright on these sport tourers, adventure bikes etc... even something smaller as you suggested.
I’m sticking with my ZZR1400 with bar risers, much more comfortable 👍

My step dad had to sell his sports bikes for just this reason, the ride position puts a lot more stress on the wrist than a higher ride position, but if your wrists go, it's done.

Always wanted a GSXR growing up, after having Aprillia in the 50 and 125 variety, never graduated to a real bike, wife won't let me now.

My step dad had to sell his sports bikes for just this reason, the ride position puts a lot more stress on the wrist than a higher ride position, but if your wrists go, it's done.

Always wanted a GSXR growing up, after having Aprillia in the 50 and 125 variety, never graduated to a real bike, wife won't let me now.
Never too late matey, its fun 👍

I used to ride an R6 into work on an hour long commute. It would take another hour until my hands could work a mouse properly. TWD is a great game but it's super brown. The only game I've found to be an actual keeper so far is BSD.

I am likely to sell my R1 as I always prefer the S1000XR. That is sit up and relax sort of bike until you wind the throttle on and it goes a bit mental. It can hustle if you feel like it, then calm back down if anything aches.

Back
Top Bottom