What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbs trip to Finland Brunswick Centre London.

Antray84

Registered
Having just got into pinball and my first early 80s SS machine. I wanted to try out some modern Sterns to see how they played.. I had been before, but this time I went with a more analytical eye.

First off it is true what they say. Play a machine before you buy it. Jaws, is my dream theme and I enjoyed playing it, but it felt really clunky and the ball just drained and drained. Catching a ball on the flippers also seemed very hard as the ball had so much velocity. I wanna like it but it's not there yet

I actually loved the limited Bond 60. It was really simple to understand. I was good at it and could hit the shots I needed. Not perfect but better.

Turtles. Love the theme but the game seemed a mess..I had no idea what I was doing and it just seemed too complex.

Stranger things. I don't get it. Is it supposed to have that massive white ramp up most of the time? Is it supposed to have something printed on it? Looked very ugly . Like when a house is boarded up.

Godzilla. I can totally see why people rave about it . I don't care about the theme. But it is so well implemented. Everything flowed great. And the idea you are just destroying stuff is great when you are trying to let off steam.

Played a few other games but I had no interest in their themes . Over all I was glad I went and quite surprised at what I thought I would like and what I actually did.

Stranger things is awesome but the one in Funland is pretty dirty, has no uv kit (which is essential and creates one of the great pinball moments) and the projector doesn’t work, so can understand your first impression was underwhelming

Stranger things is awesome but the one in Funland is pretty dirty, has no uv kit (which is essential and creates one of the great pinball moments) and the projector doesn’t work, so can understand your first impression was underwhelming
That makes a lot more sense with stranger things.. it was the same when I went before..Not great on their part as I had no reason to think it wasn't the norm.. I started to think Jaws wasn't set up right as the ball just behaved so much worse on that game. I'd really like to play a Beatles but Finland swapped theirs out

Back
Top Bottom