What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie to Pinball in Southampton

Yawnoc

Registered
Alias
Josh
Hiya folks. I played on a real table for the first time 2 weeks ago. I instantly became hooked and have been looking to play more.

Highscore Southampton has 2 pinball machines, 1 of which has a dodgy flipper... I have been looking online and on forums for other places.

I have found Special When Lit in Salisbury which is open Friday evenings and is a 35-50 min drive. If any other Southampton locals have suggestions, I would be very grateful! :)

In the meantime, I've been playing Pinball FX scratch the itch (I know it's not the same)

Special When Lit is a good place to meet other local players and get to know people.

Bournemouth pier has some pins but they're in very poor condition.

Hiya folks. I played on a real table for the first time 2 weeks ago. I instantly became hooked and have been looking to play more.

Highscore Southampton has 2 pinball machines, 1 of which has a dodgy flipper... I have been looking online and on forums for other places.

I have found Special When Lit in Salisbury which is open Friday evenings and is a 35-50 min drive. If any other Southampton locals have suggestions, I would be very grateful! :)

In the meantime, I've been playing Pinball FX scratch the itch (I know it's not the same)
Special When Lit is a great venue with a fantastic mix of pins from electro-mechanical, classic Bally Williams wra, up to the most modern Stern's such as Foo Fighters, with everything else in between.
Excellent venue run by a passionate pinhead, with friendly locals. Make it an essential stop 👍

Special When Lit is a good place to meet other local players and get to know people.

Bournemouth pier has some pins but they're in very poor condition.
Portsmouth also has a few pins in the waterfront arcades, seemed in pretty good condition from what I could tell!

Special When Lit is a great venue with a fantastic mix of pins from electro-mechanical, classic Bally Williams wra, up to the most modern Stern's such as Foo Fighters, with everything else in between.
Excellent venue run by a passionate pinhead, with friendly locals. Make it an essential stop 👍
It definitely comes across as very passion-led, so I'll definitely head over one Friday! It sounds like you're very familiar with that site. I had a look on Google maps to check out parking. Do you know where is best to park??

If you want to jump straight in the deep end, there are actually tournaments at SWL THIS Friday/ Sat and/or Sunday. You don't need to be any good (not everyone is) - but it is a great way to play some games and meet 40+ people straight away who also love pinball. In some ways as much as a social gathering as a set of tournaments...

Per SWL’s Facebook page they’re closed to the public this week and the tournament is sold out, so maybe check again next week!

Thanks for the info! I'm looking on FB for the Special When Lit page but can't find it...

There's now 1 space remaining for Saturday. Josh @Yawnoc PM me or reply here if you'd like to be included. It'll be a long day for you but a good introduction to pinball with a great crowd.
Thank you for the invitation. I'll have to pass this time as this Saturday isn't a good day for me but I'd like to come on 1 of the upcoming Fridays!

Welcome to the madhouse!

FYI, many dislike the term 'tables' when referring to REAL pinball machines (me included).

I can understand the use of the term for digital pinball but not for REAL pinball MACHINES.

@Yawnoc It looks likely that I’ll be heading over to SWL this Friday, if you want somebody else relatively new to play some games with (I’ve only been there once before so have only played about half of the games at all!). Unfortunately not from Southampton so can’t offer a lift

Back
Top Bottom