What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie from nottingham

Cr4zylegs

Registered
Evening all,

Just finishing renovating my property and there's a space in the entrance hall that would fit a pinball machine in perfectly.
To be honest I've never really played that many but my 8 year old son is now obsessed with me getting one since I mentioned to him a couple of months ago and surprisingly the wife has given me the green light. ( must be feeling guilty for how much money she spent on the kitchen)!
Only planning on having the one but who knows, the planned gym room could turn out to be a games room.
As you can imagine I have no knowledge about which pinball to buy and how much they are worth, I've been looking on the net, mostly eBay at different games and would like some advice on what I should be looking for, my budget is at around £1500, the games I've seen and liked are -
South Park
Judge dread
Guns and roses - would imagine is out of my budget
Adams family -as above but would be my favourite to purchase
Indiana Jones
Kiss
The "theme" does matter to me as I would like a pinball that people recognise and looks the part, but obviously want one that's fun to play
Any assistance with the above would be much appreciated, or if you have one to sell that fits in with my budget please let me know

Cheers
Carl

Hi Carl. How does dr who suit you. There's one for sale in Nottingham, in your budget from a great and trusted seller. There's a lot to be said for that

Welcome to the forum Carl :thumbs: Good to see another Notts person in here :) If you want to try out a few different games then your welcome to come over. I'm in Beeston, whereabouts are you?

It's also me who's got the Dr Who for sale :D

Welcome to Pinball Info Carl.
You're in a great area for pinball as there are plenty of great guys near to you.
One of the best is ^ @ronsplooter and we'll worth taking him up on his offer to play some pinball.
There are loads of great machines for your budget but if you are a Dr Who fan then you can't go wrong with the one @ronsplooter is selling. Good luck in whatever you go for but the main thing is to enjoy the hobby.

Welcome, a few words of wisdom from another newbie.

1 Only consider buying from this forum until you know what your doing, by that time you'll know that this is the only place to buy from.

2. One pin is not enough, I'm looking for number 2 already.

3. Following on from 2 don't fit out the gym with a lot of equipment as your only going to fill the room with pins

4. Join your local pinball league, you'll get to know other like minded people and get to play a range of pins.

5. With this forum and your new found friends when you get problems with your pins you'll be able to repair them yourself or find someone near by willing to help.

6. Enjoy your new hobby!

Thank you for the warm welcome!
I always look to join a forum if I'm considering buying something I know nothing about, i got stung once when buying a car from the states, I then joined a forum and received so much helpful information that would have saved me so much cash if I'd joined when first looking for a car.

ronsplooter, I'm in Southwell so not that far from Beeston, would love to take you up on the offer of trying a few of your games out.
Your Dr Who seems a good price, but I really hate Dr Who ( TV program ) and couldn't have one in the house, sorry I know I'm weird.

No worries @Cr4zylegs still come over and you can play some games. Might give you an idea of what you're after as I've got stuff from all sorts of era's :) Shoot me a PM and we can arrange something :thumbs:

Reactions: DRD
Evening all, still waiting to find my first pin, please let me know if you have something to sell, or if you know of someone that has one for sale please ask them to contact me

The best thing to do would be to keep an eye on the For Sale section. If you click "Watch Forum" and enable email alerts you will get an email for every new table that comes up for sale. I'm casually looking for table number 2 ;)

Last edited:
Don't hang about either. These things sell fast when reasonably priced - like the roadshow earlier today

Back
Top Bottom