What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie from Norfolk looking for my first pinball machine

Mustang Pete

Registered
Thanks for the ad.

Started looking for a vintage slot machine... then gave that idea up and hey ! why not a pinball machine
We have recently moved to the norfolk Broads and have a bit more room now..

Anything up for sale...don`t mind travelling up to 150 miles or so MAX budget would be £2k

Been offered a Cue Ball Wizzard and a Junk Yard... both around that mark..what do you think
Looking to buy and have a camper van for collection W.H.Y ..??

Thanx Pete

Hi Pete,

Feel free to pop over to mine and flip a few games - I have an Earthshaker which is a project but we could work something out if you were interested.

I am in Taverham.

More importantly though you can flip some other machines.

Cheers,
James

Been offered a Cue Ball Wizzard and a Junk Yard... both around that mark..
Hi Pete,

Welcome to the madhouse, make sure you have space for more than 1 game...

I wouldn't pay that much for a cue ball wizard.
It's a good game, (I've got one. :) )but Gottlieb games are generally not as pricey as bally / William's of the same era.

I would think it's probably a 1500 sort of game.

Firstly welcome to the forum. The best thing to do get out there and try before you buy. Buying based on a games reputation isn't a great strategy. I've played few games that are considered to be some of the best ever produced and I've walked away not understanding their hype. I've booked myself in for a couple of rounds of the forthcoming "Funball 4 Event" so I can better educate myself before buying my first pinball machine.

I love Junk Yard but not everyone does. There are a few places around Norfolk where you can go and play some games and see if there's something you like.

Welcome to the forum buddy. I joined earlier in the year and have found many (if not all) folks in the pinball community to be super welcoming and well informed. Best of luck on getting your first machine (I’m in the same scenario myself) and get out and play as much as you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Pinball Info @Mustang Pete , like others have said play a few different titles and find out what machines float your boat.

I love Junk Yard but not everyone does. There are a few places around Norfolk where you can go and play some games and see if there's something you like.

Where do u recommend ? I am on the Broads and not too far from Gt Yarmouth

In the search box (top right) type in "Pins in North Norfolk?". There was a thread about machine in north Norfolk a couple of weeks back.

Great Yarmouth is a good start. I think there are also a couple of holiday parks with pins and possible places like Hunstanton or Caister. I was going to check pinformer.co.uk but it seems to be down.

pinformer.co.uk is working again, zoom the map to the Norfolk area. Just be aware that the information is not always kept up to date, maybe phone the venue first.

Congrats on your first machine, great choice, the first one is always extra special, my first pin was Rollergames (another Steve Ritchie design) which I bought back in 2000, such fond memories, I still have “DO NOT FLIP!......FLIP!” stuck in my head after all those years :rofl:

Always the same.....
You have a budget in mind, that goes out the window.
I’d rather pay the extra 💵 and be happy with the pin though.
Congrats on your 1st of many 😂

Back
Top Bottom