What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie- Cleaning and Potector for STTNG

cmrl9

Site Supporter
Alias
cmrl
Hi All,

I'm picking up my first machine tommorow, a STTNG, it needs a bit of a clean and I would like to fit Cliffy protectors over the netrual zone and other hole.

Being totally new to pinball what should I use to clean the playfield and plastics.

I can see various products, which would be advised as working the best and can you advise the best place to purchase from?

Also where would the best place to purchase Cliffy protectors for STTNG?

Thanks

For the plastics you want to use Novus 2. For the playfield it depends how dirty it is but if I'm stripping a game down I usually go with the below (for diamond plate like STTNG is):
  • Foam cleaner to get any major crap off
  • T cut to get the more ground in dirt out (go easy as it's abrasive)
  • Magic eraser on any really stubborn bits (again, go very easy as this will take paint off if you go too hard)
  • Wipe down to get any magic eraser haze off
  • Wax it
Novus and foam cleaner can be bought from Phil at Pinball Heaven, T cut from Halfords, magic eraser and wax from Amazon (I recommend Gerlitz No1 guitar wax).

For the Cliffy's, try Pinball Heaven to see of Phil has them in stock but if not I usually by direct from Cliffy himself via his website

Thanks, I get some from Phil when he re-opens. I also need a new set of rubbers, so will get at the same time.

i had a wee bottle of Novus 1 I meant to give you with the pin.

pinballmania is also good for parts. 1stoppinball worth a look, pinballdaze for those hard to find bits and pieces

i had a wee bottle of Novus 1 I meant to give you with the pin.

pinballmania is also good for parts. 1stoppinball worth a look, pinballdaze for those hard to find bits and pieces
Thanks, I will keep those sites in mind!

In the end I took that NZ cliffy off because I thought it was obstructing the drop . . . . I put it back on and took it off a few times but think it's better without.

Thanks, I will hold off on plastics and protectors. Rubbers and cleaning is my priority :)

In the end I took that NZ cliffy off because I thought it was obstructing the drop . . . . I put it back on and took it off a few times but think it's better without.

Agreed, I think I'll be taking mine off next time I have the subway off (I screwed the protector in). It makes the shot a bit harder to make.

Thanks guys, I haven't bought the protectors 'yet'

Back
Top Bottom