What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New toys....

WTF!!!!!!
smile-1.png

wayne g' date=' post: 1691507 said:
lmao!

if that had been a bit cheaper i would have seriously bought it myself.

Mrs wouldn't let me bid, and I could tell it was a serious "don't bid", so missed out. If i didn't share a mortgage that furry pervert would have been mine!

Just noticed your sig. God bless John digweeds ears. You listen to his transitions show each week friday 2pm est, on proton radio? I've downloaded every session with him and his guest for the last year and a half. Absolutely brilliant.

Currently mad on joris voorn. As a dj amd producer, no one comes close (currently)

wayne g' date=' post: 1691507 said:
lmao!

if that had been a bit cheaper i would have seriously bought it myself.

Link for quality music

http://www.protonradio.com/show.php?showid=348

Or look for transitions on torrents or newsgroups. Have a 64gb iPod touch half full of his show.

He also has 3 or 4 transitions albums out, but the live shows are better imo

wayne g' date=' post: 1691604 said:
thanks jon. up to my eyes right now but have saved fo ready when i have time to listen!

biggrin-1.png

Your welcome, this was a set I lost when I upgraded my iPod. Had checked through all my drives and NAS, must have been deleted by mistake at some point. Anyway I'm sure you'll enjoy. His interview at the start explains what his production is all about.

Back to the toys, got myself an onlive box and controller coming next week. Tried it out on my work laptop and was impressed with the concept of cloud gaming. Can play dirt 3 on a nail of a laptop with no dedicated graphics.

Can choose to buy in monthly unlimited or other packages, or buy the individual games. Also nearly all games have 30 mins free trial on them, and the trials work for the full game I.e 30 mins trial at online multiplayer.

Thought I'd get the proper console just so I can play on the big screen without moving the laptop and plugging it in via vga.

Also just picked up a spanking nick dreamcast and VGA converter, having just realised you can get emulator DVDs off eBay like mame, neo geo etc for practically nothing and you don't need to do anything to the dreamcast, can leave it vanilla and it plays anything. Sorry if you already knew this, but it was news to me.

Finally picked up an accelerator board, scart convertor, and flash drive with whload installed for my amiga 1200, having issues getting the accelerator to work right, not sure of the problem. Also "accidentally" (drunk eBay over bid) on an immaculate amiga cdtv with all original keyboard mouse and floppy drive and cables. Not sure where to put it though, looks cr@p through ariel connector on LCD, need another piece of kit to convert to vga. Might just test it fully and sell it on.

I need a router that bans me from eBay after the pub, seriously, I have no self control after a few beers.

Only last night luckily got outbid on 5 i7 990x CPUs. Then tonight nearly ended up buying a 512 gb ssd. But came to my senses.

I will end up with both no doubt, but I'm going to wait, nothing depreciates as much as CPUs and ram, apart from cars.

Best things come to this who wait, or eBay the stuff they don't use first.

Paul' date=' post: 1691465 said:
No way!!
sad-1.png
i just received an update today funilly enough.... 14 May from Farnell
sad-1.png

Here's hoping either my CPC order comes good before this (i know they are the same company, however you never know!!!), or i hear SOMETHING from RS, which is annoying since i managed to register around 10 mins after release!!

My raspberry pi just turned up and got free t shirt too, you had yours yet?

Gonna muck around with it at the weekend, as tied up installing a CCTV system at the moment.

Also since last post ashamed to say I got the 512gb ssd and a i7 980x, damn you eBay. I7 flies like the wind, not had chance to clone my drives yet, another weekend job.

Mines shipping today - no mention of a free t-shirt tho......

Nice I7 tho
smile-1.png

T shirt was because I pre ordered from farnell.com. Have had it running this afternoon, had issues with power,has to be 5v so USB from pc won't do, HTC phone charger works a treat. HDMI cable, one I pulled from my onlive box didn't work, no image on screen but tv knew there was a signal as it switch to the correct hdmi input, but tried hdmi from out my media player and it worked. Also not 100% sure but think my sandisk sd card had issues as was class 2 8 gb, tried with a PNY class 4 and no issues. Pretty impressed with it so far, now just need to find an good use for it, build a case and make a rechargeable battery pack. It just doesn't fit in an altoid mint tin unlike the ybox2, but the website does have PDF of a box with all the holes in the right place that you print out and cut out of card, though mine got hot so might make it out of some sort of plastic or thin metal.

Give us a shout if you get stuck with yours and can't find an answer on the web site, though it is a good forum on there so doubt you'll need to.

The i7 rocks nicely at 4 ghz and is cooler than my old 920 DO clocked to 3.6 ghz.

Had a panic moment fitting it though, removed the corsair h50 cooler and cleaned it all up with some proper chemicals I'd bought. Dropped the 980x, bounced off my desk onto the floor as I went to seat it, felt like crying and was convinced it wouldn't work. Put some arctic silver paste on, re sat the cooler and fired it up. Pc just kept powering on and off, not posting. Thought it was a goner. Powered it off left it a bit and tried again, still nothing. Re seated all the ram and cleared CMOS, and bingo worked a treat. Got straight into bios to sort ram voltages and it booted straight into windows no hassle, then used easy tune 6 and did the one click over clock to medium 4ghz, no issues and it flys. Very happy with it.

Tomorrow will be cloning my momentus xt hybrid drive for the corsair m4 512gb ssd. Should be a leviathan after that!

I used one of these in my Pi:

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/MyMemory/MyMemory-8GB-SD-Card-(SDHC)---Class-10

One of the few class 10's supposed to work.

I also ordered one of these:

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/MyMemory/MyMemory-16GB-SD-Card-(SDHC)---Class-10

Which isnt approved, however despite most saying there are issues on Class 10's at 16gb, seems to also work fine....

Have just given my first Pi to my son so he can play and do some programming on (he's 14 and well into that kind of stuff), and my one from Farnell (hopefully with t-shirt) will be here Monday/Tuesday!!

My lad recons the Lego box for the pi is the best....
wink-1.png

Hadn't thought of Lego, nice one. Will have to see what I can get together on the pick a brick service. The dremel may come out if I find something around the right size.

I also got a rii mini to use as keyboard and mouse, works straight from the off, uses one USB port. Wouldn't want to type alot with it, but it's all good for basic use like surfing.

Ordered my Pi yesterday
smile-1.png
Unfortunately they're quoting 5 weeks before it gets dispatched......time to start looking at those Python tutorials

thought about the paper case, but worried it might get hot and burst into flames!

those cases on modmypi look nice, wish id seen them first (look more robust and cheaper than the 3d print)

and now I want some stickers too!

Back
Top Bottom