What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New toys....

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
So - a thread for new toys so we can all go "ooh" and "aah" and get all jealous and envious...

Maybe i should start it off with a Lovely machine i Picked up off Gazz... Not had chance to have a good play yet, however looking forward to this ending up in the gamesroom....[attachment=465:IMG_3505small.jpg]

Not a pin or a slot, but definitely a toy. picked it up last wednesday and its been snowing ever since![attachment=466:Blade 1.JPG]

Oooh nice bike! I have CBF, but yours looks the dogs ********. Don't go over the speed limit now will you.

Steve,

Ohh nice - i still pootle about on my 16 year old Triumph trophy 900
smile-1.png

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1690777 said:
Whats the MAME performance like on this? What sort of year can you get upto and still be playable.

It has a 533 MHz CPU, which clocks to 800mhz as an option at the start of a game. It plays fine with all the roms I've tried, not sure of game age range my roms are, but give me a suggestion and I'll see if it has any slow down.

The dingoo struggled with mame, hence just using it for all gba roms.

Another point to make is there is a community behind the cannoo, not so much the dingoo due to some dev vs manufacturing falling out. So there are about 4 different versions of mame to try and each address issues with different rom sets. I use latest version of mame4all.

There are 2 other options out there, the gp2x wiz, which is a bit too small, but same spec as the cannoo. Then there's the pandora, which will monster everything, but costs a fortune. Search open pandora.

I've got my MAME cab will a beasty PC in it so I think the Pandora is overkill. I'd be interested to know how the Cannoo copes with Streetfighter Alpha 3, Streetfighter 3 and Pro Gear. I'm guessing something like Radiant Silvergun would be too much for it?

Have just looked, and they aren't in the rom set that I've got for mame4all. Only goes up to street fighter 2 turbo hyper edition. I could find the newer roms, but I doubt my version of mame would pick them up. Anyway it ran with no over clocking at full whack with no slow down.

Paul' date=' post: 1690793 said:
Personally i cant wait for this to be released...

http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Anyone fancied a fully fledged media centre run from a board the size of a credit card???

I signed up for the newsletter for this, this very weekend. They start giving them to school kids soon, then to the public towards the end of the year, 25 or 35 dollar versions. Hdmi out, very nice.

!

Paul

wayne g' date=' post: 1690818 said:
this has just ruined my day....i have no bike at the mo due to upcoming wedding etc.

:mad:
wink-1.png

sad-1.png
I'm just getting my Trophy ready for another season.....

Paul' date=' post: 1690824 said:
sad-1.png
I'm just getting my Trophy ready for another season.....

I love Triumphs, had three Speed Triples over the last few years (two black and one white) and had to stop myself buying another one!

Picked this up last week. Traded my 3DS for it and am very pleased I did.

[attachment=516:p1010712.JPG]

Been playing it loads and already completed Uncharted
biggrin-1.png

Out of interest what sort of deal did you get Mr Splooter? Not over impressed with my 3ds - prefer my XL, so may shift it on in trade for one of these...

Got mine from Gamestation where they were doing a bundle which included the Vita, Uncharted game, 8GB memory card and a £10 voucher for the PSN store for £299.99 (this was probably the best value deal). They're doing £130 trade in for a 3DS on it's own but I also had Mario Kart 7, Pilotwings, PES 2011 and SF4 plus an old Xbox360 wireless dongle....in total I got £200 trade in
smile-1.png
I also took a load of old Wii and 360 games into work and knocked them out a £5 a go to add to the Vita funds, they shifted so well I'm gonna take a load more in
biggrin-1.png

Paul' date=' post: 1691396 said:
Out of interest what sort of deal did you get Mr Splooter? Not over impressed with my 3ds - prefer my XL, so may shift it on in trade for one of these...

eBay deal of the day best bet

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300667585357?item=300667585357#ht_2989wt_962

I have a 16 gb card in my psp go and its only got 4gb total left, so you'll want more than 8gb.

Also there are r4 cards for the 3ds, that play ds roms no problem, and there are 3ds roms cropping up so it won't be long before 3ds will go the same way as ds, as in free games.

Toyed with idea of vita, just like all releases, not worth it yet. Give it a year.

Managed to get a pre order on the raspberry pi sorted from Farnell uk. And a free t shirt.

Newest other toy is A cloud FTP, have some ideas around mobile apps for this.

http://portableapps.com/ running on this https://www.hypershop.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=218

Other than portable apps it mean I'll have a 1tb drive full of film, music on my iPad/phone

eBay deal of the day best bet

Online deals are definitely better if your paying all in cash but I went for Gamestation because I had a load to trade in and also some points on my loyalty card so it was worth it for me. I actually ended up paying about a tenner for my bundle which had Everybody's Golf and a case as well after trade in's, money made from selling games at work and loyalty points. I'd have stuck with my 3DS if I wasn't able to get the Vita so cheap.

Managed to get a pre order on the raspberry pi sorted from Farnell uk

I'm after one of these as well, have you had a date for when yours will be delivered?

No defined date. Think they are talking 4 to 6 weeks, but I want the full accessory pack to, which you can't pre order and just says coming soon next to it.

There's no rush for it tbh, it'll just be one of those nice surprises when it turns up.

Not really got a role for it yet, maybe a media player, torrent downloader,CCTV box though I have a dedicated pc for that.

For 30 quid, it's not exactly an expensive mistake. Might see if I can create a case and get it hooked up to a 3G dongle and play with one of those old gamecube portable screens. Totally not sure yet.

This has reminded me I have a y box 2 to build still http://www.adafruit.com/products/95 (need soldiering practice) and I also found my hydra

http://www.parallax.com/tabid/768/ProductID/467/Default.aspx in the wardrobe the other day, still never used it as learning propeller looked like it would be time consuming so gave up.

I must get some stuff on eBay or pull my finger out, damn you bf3 and sky sports!

The FTP cloud box gives more of an interest for me, to see what I can get it to do. If its just media, it's basically an enlarged storage device for the iPad and phone, with a way of easily sharing media locally or with a drop box. If I can get the portable apps running somehow, it'll mean none ipa files running on apple devices.

I've also seen a torrent of 12gb worth of iPad apps recently. Could be a smart way of getting round jail breaking your iPad.

Time will tell..... 4 to 6 lead time on that too!

Everybodys golf rules. Easily most played game on the psp go. Find the mrs humming the course music after I play it!

Raspberry pi stock arrived and allocated to my order today! Might get it this week after all that!

No way!!
sad-1.png
i just received an update today funilly enough.... 14 May from Farnell
sad-1.png

Here's hoping either my CPC order comes good before this (i know they are the same company, however you never know!!!), or i hear SOMETHING from RS, which is annoying since i managed to register around 10 mins after release!!

Ahhh, didn't see the PDF or read anything other than stock now allocated. Just opened PDF and it states same estimated delivery week commencing 14 may..... Doh.

Thanks for the prompt to check, you'll be feeling better I haven't queue jumped. No rush for me though, as I mentioned before, not sure what it's role will be.

Been looking at these recently http://www.focalprice.com/CE0027W/J...Fi_HDMI_and_Flash_103_White.html?Currency=GBP

Not sure if I can warrant as already overspent on iPad, ds lite, psp go and dingoo and caanoo! Think I'm going over board. Though ds lite, dingoo and caanoo have no software costs.

Not even been using my alienware m11x r1 since browsing on the iPad. Only gets used when I LAN play.

I really really need to get out a camera and do some baying !!

interesting - my original date was April 24th... Just read this on the Pi site...

Posted on March 6, 2012 by liz

We’ve had a lot of people mail us and tweet about this today. If you were expecting a March/April delivery and got an email from Element14/Premier Farnell this morning saying delivery had been pushed back, please don’t despair: it appears to be a mistake. We’ve contacted Farnell about it and they’ve come back to say they’ve added this to their Raspberry Pi FAQ:

Q: I got an email from Farnell element14 stating that my delivery date for the Raspberry Pi I ordered is now into May or June, is this correct?

A: Sorry! We updated the data in our system so that new customers placing their pre-order would be advised of the delivery date at the end of May or beginning of June. If you originally had an estimated delivery date in March or April, your delivery estimate is still as per the original communication.

Sorry for the confusion. As you were!

Back
Top Bottom