What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Topper Company - Elite Toppers

Not to knock the company too much as I like anyone trying to do something interesting in pinball but I saw the SDTM advert, ahem, I mean video and thought it looked kinda average and mega expensive.

I got his JJP POTC ship mod which is great, he asked if I wanted the Hobbit topper, but wanted $2k! for it, needless to say I did not pick one up.
The hobbit topper was always going to be expensive, but in fairness to him it’s quite the work of art. I’d argue that you won’t see most of that detail on top of a pinball machine though (stood 4 feet away). It would be better as a sculpt on a shelf where you can fully appreciate it.

Worth remembering these are mostly marketed at the guys in the US, way more money than sense over that side of the pond.

Already seeing a few dozen pinsiders post pics of their TMNT toppers proudly on display.

I wonder how many ribs the Stern designers broke p1ssing themselves laughing cashing in on this POS :)
Surely that's not all it does....... is it?

Seriously I’m quitting my job to build pinball toppers I’d only have to sell a few a month to pay the mortgage :D

Clearly I need to raise my prices... a lot.
I would, your stuff is way to cheap and when I say that I mean you have priced it perfectly, proper value for money no one is getting ripped off and your making enough profit to make it worth your while. BUUUT this is the pinball world where you can charge x10 times what it’s actually worth just because it’s a ‘pinball’ mod.

Basically in the pinball world you can almost charge what you want and people will buy. You could easily double your prices and still sell out :) There are some fantastic mods out there and Iv got a pretty good idea how much time and money and skill goes into producing them and they are still all waaaay over priced just because the market will pay.

Back
Top Bottom