What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Pinball Info and looking for direction.

In the second case also check that option 26 is set to 02 to ensure that reaching the high score awards a replay.

If the machine is actually fitted with David Gersic's Free Play ROMS then free play is enabled by setting option 30 to 1 (set to 0 for normal play). If it doesn't have Free Play ROMs then the usual workaround is to set the first replay score level to a low value such as 20k (10k is the lowest but sometimes that doesn't seem to work whereas 20k does) - to do this set programming option 22 to 2 and then options 23 and 24 for the normal replay levels
It was set to free play when I got it Keith.

The original ROMs don't do free play except by setting a low replay score level. If the game has the aftermarket freeplay ROMs then check that the programming option 30 is set to 1. If that has got reset to 0 when you changed the settings then it wont be on freeplay any more

The original ROMs don't do free play except by setting a low replay score level. If the game has the aftermarket freeplay ROMs then check that the programming option 30 is set to 1. If that has got reset to 0 when you changed the settings then it wont be on freeplay any more
I think I may have changed it. It's no bother to flick the coin switch but I will check tonight thanks

Sound like it has standard ROMs. Try the other method I posted and set the first replay score to a low level so it clocks up a replay during the first ball of every game.

I prefer a free ball at that stage. That's how bad I am at playing it. 😁

Setting it to free ball (extra ball) is how you lost the "Freeplay" (replay given). Games normally allow 2 or 3 replay scores to be entered so set the first score (say 10,000 points) for replay to keep the game count up, then the second replay score to whatever value you think an extra ball should be awarded (it has to be earnt after all eg 500,000 points), then again for the third replay score (eg 1,000,000 points).

Sorry, I don't seem to be getting notifications for this thread anymore. It doesn't have the free play rom. It was originally set to free play by the method Keith mentioned. You can also start a game by flipping the coin door open and pressing the pink button in the lower left. I was thinking about wiring that up to a button in the hole where the headphone jack used to be below the shooter rod. Maybe something to consider?

Okay so the left side drop targets wouldn't reset. Turned out to be missing a plastic insulator which I cobbled together with a wall board pin. Everything is okay but the knocker has stopped knocking on a replay and the display doesn't register a credit.
Any ideas?
Oh and where would I get a switch with insulation plastic attached and I could do with knowing the size of the acorn plastics too. TIA.

Okay so the left side drop targets wouldn't reset. Turned out to be missing a plastic insulator which I cobbled together with a wall board pin. Everything is okay but the knocker has stopped knocking on a replay and the display doesn't register a credit.
Any ideas?
Oh and where would I get a switch with insulation plastic attached and I could do with knowing the size of the acorn plastics too. TIA.
If you have set the programming to give you an extra ball on the winning score rather than a replay then that will stop the knocker and credit registration. You need option 26 set to 02 to get a replay. I don't know of a source for those drop target position switches unfortunately, but I have a few used spares and could post you one if you PM me your address.

If you have set the programming to give you an extra ball on the winning score rather than a replay then that will stop the knocker and credit registration. You need option 26 set to 02 to get a replay. I don't know of a source for those drop target position switches unfortunately, but I have a few used spares and could post you one if you PM me your address.
I set the options up as you suggested in your previous post and the knocker was working fine until the drop target problem. The credit not registering as well seems odd. I am going to go through the settings tomorrow night.
The drop targets register the 10 seconds and reset fine.
I will pm you and sort out the postage and the cost of the spare thanks.

Problems can be caused with the switch matrix if one of those switches shorts to ground, however I can't think of any way that could cause a credit not to register as that is purely a function of the programming settings for the CPU.

Problems can be caused with the switch matrix if one of those switches shorts to ground, however I can't think of any way that could cause a credit not to register as that is purely a function of the programming settings for the CPU.
Yes I thought that too. I've been educated over the last few weeks by a pinball enthusiast extraordinaire. 😁

Back
Top Bottom