What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW TO PF

S&W39

Registered
To introduce myself to the site
Names Steve 60 yrs old in July
Had a few pinball machines 20 + yrs ago but sold up to start my own business in the 90's
Thought it was time to get back into it

Still have my Juke boxes and Coke vending machines

So just about to start putting a pinball collection together

No yet in full retirement but what with work still and other hobbies like my old 1967 BSA cafe racer and 1941 Buick convertible time is tight but a chill out in the evening on a few machines looks good to me
Hopefully it will stop me falling to sleep at 7 in the evening Dohh

Thanks for the warm welcome guys

THE BIG MISTAKE IN SELLING UP ALL THOSE YEARS AGO !!!

The price of machines now wow !!

I had an original KISS the one that had the SS style letters.
They destroyed most I believe and reissued with normal letters
I sold that at a 100% profit back then for £250 DOOOOH
Always keep blaming the wife for that one

Nitro Ground shaker
I loved that pin
always regretted that and I would love to find one

A Playboy pin old mechanical type not the new type

And a couple of old Bally can't remember what ones now

First new machine I have purchased is Lost in Space
I loved the series in the 60's as a kid
I know its not the same but I must say I do enjoy it so far
as never really played these types that have all the bells whistles and even TOYS !!!

Welcome:wave:

After you get over the huge price hike you'll be in for some great surprises. There have been some fantastic games since the early 90s

I had an original KISS the one that had the SS style letters.
They destroyed most I believe and reissued with normal letters

Hi,

As I understand it, the German market wouldn't (or couldn't) take the game with the lightning-flash lettering, so Bally produced backglass, playfield, and probably other items, e.g. flyer, with these changed to the other type, specially for that territory (like Williams producing the 'Lola' Taxi for the domestic market) . I've not heard of any Kiss games being withdrawn and destroyed. Not when new, anyway.

welcome. KISS quite a landmark game for Bally. some UK KISS diehards actually prefer the german glass as its far rarer (but tend to have a US one framed somewhere lol)

I think your probably correct re German issue glass.
I just remember seeing in a collectables book some years after selling my Kiss that it was very collectable and worth a lot more than the few hundred quid I sold it for !!
Still crystal balls eh !
One of many things owned and sold over the years that I should have kept !!!

Would still like to find a NITRO GROUND SHAKER in working order

Thanks for all the welcomes

Hi. Welcome.

Nitro Ground Shakers do come up for sale on here, eBay and Pinball Owners. Maybe 2 or 3 in the past year. Fantastically design backglass.

I defer to folk who know much more than me. But I would guess a rough working game at 400 ish. A very, very nice one with mint backglass and very little playfield wear might be 750 ish

These pre- speech Bally SS games (other than Kiss) rarely go for more than 700. Kiss is just in a totally different stratosphere as a rock memorabilia item.

BITD (80s early 90s) most games were £300 but KISS was £600 . the £300 cap on what MOST pinball folks would pay for an OK condition working game lasted well into the 90s

BITD (80s early 90s) most games were £300 but KISS was £600 . the £300 cap on what MOST pinball folks would pay for an OK condition working game lasted well into the 90s

Those were the days !! £300 quid !!

Good to know I may be able to get a NGS of reasonable money !!

£300 was the limit not the average LOL. TOM was newest game I got at this level (not counting a few striker extremes ops were glad to be shot of)

Welcome. You seem to be into collecting american memorabilia. For your first pin I'd recommend CFTBL, would look good next to your jukebox.

Thanks Kenny
CFTBL is on my list also TFTC, SS / MB
Have one pinball at the moment LIS kids love it with its toys on play field !! fun with the spinning multi ball.
Not allowed to have them in with the Juke boxes and coke machine etc as the wife thinks there ugly !!!!
So have the garage converted into games room
Its heated so winter use OK

CFTBL looks good anywhere.

Oh and Welcome to the forum Steve :wave:

Thanks for the welcome

So what can I expect to pay for a reasonable working condition CFTBL £? and TFTC £? and SS £? and or MB £?
As there not in the house !! don't need mint condition cab's so the odd marks no probe's

No....SS on the money for a worker I'd say. ;)

Market is flat at the moment, I'd even say you might score a 1k Tftc.

Little bit of a market drop then (not a bad thing in the long run at all) - I'd have thought £2.8k for average, £3k for really nice, based on my sale earlier in the year, but better if they are becoming more affordable.

Thanks Kenny
CFTBL is on my list also TFTC, SS / MB
Have one pinball at the moment LIS kids love it with its toys on play field !! fun with the spinning multi ball.
Not allowed to have them in with the Juke boxes and coke machine etc as the wife thinks there ugly !!!!
So have the garage converted into games room
Its heated so winter use OK

Welcome, I like your wanted list - all those machines would look good together with the retro themes they have. I would add a TZ and maybe the data east Star Trek too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WOW I thought SS would be around the 2 to 2.5K but MB ? 4 to 4.5K !!! expected it would be 1.5K did not realise it commanded such hi values ?
thats on the back burner then !!
May have a TFTC lead for around 1k so hopping to get this next if it pans out.
Want to stick with the sci fi / horror 60's - 80's theme
TLZ would fit the bill but I suspect thats a high price machine

Back
Top Bottom