What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New scam manipulating Paypal Credit?

JMP

Site Supporter
Just putting this out there, as my latest Ebay/Paypal scam encounter appears to be manipulating shortfalls under the Paypal Credit system. :hmm: Can't find anything specific exposing this, so just curious if anyone else affected?

In short, expensive item listed by long-standing Ebay member with high positive feedback, clicked BIN and payed PP Credit. One hour later, Ebay cancel the order due to 'concerns' saying I've not paid yet (not strictly true) so nothing I need to do and I note there is a refund for the same amount under my PP account (presumed set up by Ebay/PP). Ebay also set up an 'item not received' case themselves stating refund required as 'unilateral payment' which means PP account email not confirmed, then cancel the case themselves a few days later saying PP dispute opened which it wasn't !? Refund then cancelled by seller, so I spoke to PP and they did then open an item not received dispute.... straight away, the seller sets up another refund. This also cancels before completing and Paypal also cancel the item not received dispute saying transaction has been successful (!) as refund set up, failing to see that it had already been cancelled. You couldn't make this sh*t up..... I now have an 'escalated case' opened to try and resolve, if a human being with any intelligence would actually take a look at it.

So...., appears PP Credit payments STILL go through even when Ebay cancel an order AND the seller can fool the disputes by keep setting up refunds and cancelling before they complete. A similar case a few months ago was resolved almost immediately when funding with PP using debit/credit card and so thinking this is a weakness with the Paypal Credit system....?

Anyone had similar or concur with this kind of thing happening? It's the last time I ever buy anything big via Ebay/Paypal credit.

I think something similar to this happened to me,bought an item payed for it then the seller said he couldn't post it and issued a refund which appeared in my PayPal so I went into eBay and said I was happy with this and that was the end of it then I got an email from PayPal to say the refund was cancelled and they opened a case and I'm still in the process of trying to get my money back.

Cheers brian.

How long as it been going on Brian? Mine goes back to 8th October.

I know shocking isn't it, its not a great deal of money but it bloody riles me.

Fully understand. Mine is £1800..... On top of the initial scam, Paypal Credit have proper f*cked up as just seen on my statement this amount was removed (as it should have been) then re-applied, not only that, they've shifted it onto the 19.9% APR purchases ! I have to ring them again Tuesday if not received an email.... the best they can do which is disgusting tbh. My PP Credit A/C will be cancelled when paid up and wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

Now that is ****, I keep getting emails offering PayPal credit and I keep changing my mind about taking it just to buy something instead of using cash, so thanks for letting me know as that's made up my mind not to use it.

how do they know you are paying with PayPal credit ? I don't think they do... just sounds like another PayPal / eBay issue of which there has been plenty.

Dunno Neil, this has occurred to me too.... I may be reading too far into the initial scam and now swaying more to an internal f*ck up by Paypal for latest hassle as I can see the credit back on statement then the second debit !? It's as if someone on the inside is in on it... now that's paranoia !

Yeah, my next step Neil if nothing transpires next week. You have to complain first to PP but last time that happened, they didn't even bother to respond. :rolleyes:

Complain to PP then complaint to the ombudsman at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: JT.
Back
Top Bottom