What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New replacement side rails too long :-(

Andrew Hannay

Registered
Alias
andrewhannay
Anyone else bought new side rails from pinball center and found they were too long?
Look at this:-

1569d1898c974db7e1c28eb256611c73.jpg

The screw hole at the end doesn’t even line up with the original hole. I read here that the best way to deal with worn side rails was to simply buy new ones instead of going through the hassle of painting then. Now i have got to go through the hassle of cutting them and then painting the ends them.
Is this a hacksaw job?

Last edited:
How is that even possible to be the wrong length? Are all side rails a universal length?

That’s what I thought. Is there a list somewhere with all the lengths for the side rails from different manufacturers.

Last edited:
Anyone else bought new side rails from pinball center and found they were too long? Is this a hacksaw job?

Hacksaw and rails in a vice protected with wood. File with a handfile unless you're repainting then you could use a linishing disc on an angle grinder. The heat from a grinder "may well" bubble the paint unless you go slowly and then you will need to repaint. So just go slow with it. Then re-drill. Yeah a PITA especially on new parts.

I bet the hole is in line with the cut. Unless I cut at an angle. Oh well off to the shed.

Two pieces of advice here firstly don’t bother to return them as I had one god aweful time with a return that was more stress than it was worth and left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
Secondly which is unfortunatey too late on this occasion but good for next time and that is try to source elsewhere.

I would at least let them know about it, find out why they are too long, maybe save someone else the same grief.
It's the hassle factor though. I bought some plastics from them once, they were terrible - poorly cut, poor colour reproduction, and even partly smudged/blurred - but with them being abroad, I didn't even bother attempting a return, just put it down to experience :rolleyes:

I've let them know. Aparently they are the correct size for DE Robocop - Not much help- Their web site definitely shows the part number for my DE Star Wars.
I've modified the rails but had to cut them at an angle due to the hole that they drilled being right in the way.
I've got 10% discount of my next order.

It's the hassle factor though. I bought some plastics from them once, they were terrible - poorly cut, poor colour reproduction, and even partly smudged/blurred - but with them being abroad, I didn't even bother attempting a return, just put it down to experience :rolleyes:
Same deal. Garbage paper print onto plastic. You could see the individual dots of ink and the entire thing was hazy/faded. Sent them an email with pictures. No response and no further business from me.

Back
Top Bottom