What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress New Pinroom

Hmmm, now you've worried me. Yes, 22mm interlocking floorboards going down. They've 100% assured me that the weight distribution will be fine! Might be interesting....
My whole ground floor of my house was done like this and it is absolutely fine

Interesting !!
Over the years must of done over 30 most likely more , and the building regs stated it .
O well things do change :thumbs:
I raised it with my guys and they said it is fine because a) it is fully supported underneath, b) non-compressable! and c) 22mm interlocked floorboards. Who knows, but it is all down now and the final plasterboard going up so we'll have to see how it goes.

I raised it with my guys and they said it is fine because a) it is fully supported underneath, b) non-compressable! and c) 22mm interlocked floorboards. Who knows, but it is all down now and the final plasterboard going up so we'll have to see how it goes.
mine has been down 20+yrs and perfect - dont worry!!! ( just make sure all the T&G are glued.)

Does your living room have 17 pinball machines on it and 30 odd players and the weight of the 22mm sheets (which is what I put down also)

How is it supported underneath? And I assume the timber is pressure treated?

Cheers
Neil

Might be worth rolling a machine in Martin and just seeing how stable it is. Whilst they are still on site doing work- use TAF lol :)

Seriously though I am surprised there isn’t any supports at least non I could see in that picture but if they are saying it’s ok then they’ll have to fix it if it isn’t! :)

Here is the floor in my shed:

3E6F7BBC-E975-4E97-8535-C3FA92C65D17.jpeg

Yeah, agree Neil. I do trust them but I completely get that the supports underneath help to spread the load and ease the burden on the celotex. Let's see how it pans out!

Does your living room have 17 pinball machines on it and 30 odd players and the weight of the 22mm sheets (which is what I put down also)

How is it supported underneath? And I assume the timber is pressure treated?

Cheers
Neil
No - but it had all the furniture of the house on it and full kitchen/appliances etc etc oh and 4 pins at the time !!! In houses it is a standard building technique for a floating floor celotex down then t&G boards straight down. It wouldn't be a floating floor if is fixed to timbers everywhere ;)

No - but it had all the furniture of the house on it and full kitchen/appliances etc etc oh and 4 pins at the time !!! In houses it is a standard building technique for a floating floor celotex down then t&G boards straight down. It wouldn't be a floating floor if is fixed to timbers everywhere ;)
The weight on the back edge of of the floor where most of the weight is a lot , don't forget the back legs are about 35mm from the edge off the floor.
Also you do not use nails to fix board only glue , after all Joinery is my bread and butter , always best to over comparesate then under in my game !

Last edited:
Plasterboard and flooring done. Fireproof board in the boiler room and loft hatch fitted. Door through to games room knocked through and lined. Prep for external windows and door done.

Now waiting for the plasterers next week, second fit electrics and final plumbing. Carpet fitting in 2 weeks. 08627035a7721b34b8306a3d7355c507.jpg7625c039d6054b6e98a38f477065fc32.jpg115c1b8875628c9f28d30f5e1c3bc33a.jpg

Yep, thery're only one week late, just to make sure it's tight on time. No pressure though.

My games room next door looks like a crime scene...9d2ff1a7d989ce2de46c8f43d54beed1.jpg

I have a floating floor in my Pinroom been down for five years no issues.
Cheers fella - fingers crossed! Clearly having wooden supports would ensure no issues, but my builders were absolutely crystal that it was OK with a 22mm T&G and the celotex on a concrete floor. I think it'll be OK, but let's see!

Looking good. Is that a new build extension?
Indeed it is, kitchen diner, if you haven't already look at https://www.lnpg.co.uk and becoming a member, save thousands on building works, the have links to a major supplier in each dept, bathrooms, kitchens, builders merchants, all of which have 'better than trade' discounts. Honestly saved me thousands over the course of this build.

Progress update...

Doors and windows in, electrics nearly in (progress since these photos), heating in and connected to a new zone controlled by Nest, carpet down. Most of the painting will be complete today. My cabinet and fridges going in today too.

I had the games room next door painted too, which has added a little extra strain on the guys!

LEDs for the light well going in Friday. Machines going in Friday and Saturday.58d32425d05e55499dd3b000c35dfbd6.jpg5bb401582d151fa7712ea2232ad240a6.jpg

Progress update...

Doors and windows in, electrics nearly in (progress since these photos), heating in and connected to a new zone controlled by Nest, carpet down. Most of the painting will be complete today. My cabinet and fridges going in today too.

I had the games room next door painted too, which has added a little extra strain on the guys!

LEDs for the light well going in Friday. Machines going in Friday and Saturday.58d32425d05e55499dd3b000c35dfbd6.jpg5bb401582d151fa7712ea2232ad240a6.jpg

Is that Porsche just an ornament? it doesn't look like it has moved since your first post a few months ago... :p

Back
Top Bottom