What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Pinball "The Mafia"

So hopefully the play in the game is top notch otherwise I think they have got pricing badly wrong on this. And with

£6750 Mafia
£Close Alice Cooper
£close Deapool
£6595 TNA
£6395 GOTG
£6395 IMDN
£6295 Star Wars
£4695 Thunderbirds

those prices its going to be tough.

Neil.

similiar theme to kingpin which at TPF I thought was excellent.

A pi will power quite a bit. The part that adds the most line is the video stuff. The subroutines to run an EM style machine will be tiny. Look at a WPC game - most of those are on 4 meg eproms for the game code.
Pinball machines are not that powerful. Even PROC can be run on a PI but its recommended you run a SBC.

I am not gonna knock these guys except for pricing. Get as much as you can made in china! Saying that the PI already is - as is the display.

But look at how they work - modest offices, good knowledge. Not even a leak of a white wood with a director boasting about what will happen in 2 months.... No posh cars..... No posh machines that nobody knows how to work... .

Lets face it - they are all come from Europe - they could of quite easily gone back home and done this away from the UK.

Fair play to them... Kept their heads down and made a pinball machine without anyone knowing!

Looks decent enough for a first attempt into pinball business

Price point is going to be a sticking point but I reckon they will still sell

oh I agree, get it make and have something to show rather than mouth off. I wish them well and I can't wait to play it!

So both have just one board?

Are there flipper boards etc?

Let's be perfectly straightforward here: this machine is basically a proof of concept, testing the waters to see what works for them, how much demand there will be for such a product, and how much they can and should up the ante for the next game. Even beyond the game design, they're being deliberately conservative and shrewd with this playfield, having chosen a specific level of manufacturing not to go over at this point. They clearly have good hopes, but whatever they sell over the initial ten is going to be a bonus. How can I tell? Check how many unique metal parts there are to the game.

Yep - there pretty much aren't any, not even ball guides. There doesn't need to be that isn't achieved with plastic and rubber, and maybe an old-school arch rail at the top. Nothing that they have to beholden to a supplier to make in any quantity.

There was a price listed of 6750 gbp I think. I’d say it looks like a high quality but if kit but the price might put afew off.

Firstly congratulations to them for building a game. One more pinball out there is a great thing.

The price may well reflect their time, efforts and costs put in. For me though asking the same price as a game like iron maiden with all its features is going to be a tough sell.

I’m biased as I’m not into the old em style games. I like my ramps, magnets etc.

How well did stern do with big juicy melons?

Are the new canasta lot still in business? How much did they sell for?

Good luck to them.

Looks lovely, but just a bagatelle for lots of money, boring ,
Uninspiring, 3/10 for graphics

Just caught up on this and 'Hats Off' to Team pinball. Well done and impressive stuff. Hopefully they can do what Heighway should have done in the first place.

How about something like 'Alien' for your second title? (Only joking)

Art work looks great and looking forward to play one day.

Just checked out Pinside and I don't understand it!? The usual negativity doesn't make sense. To be fair there are some positive people about the game on there and rightly so. These guys (mainly just the three of them) have self funded, single-handedly designed, produced and MADE 10 working pinball machines behind closed doors that you can actually buy. No promise of delivering at a later date, they exist! This is a monumental achievement and everybody should get behind them.

Wow ! Impressive stuff.

OK - so isn't gonna be a machine for everyone, I call it 'new skool old skool' :D And yes the price may be too rich for many, but they are clearly not intending to sell boatloads ... keep in mind that price is also small change to some people.

Artwork looks great imo. And I think they have approached this brilliantly - no ridiculous expectations , no delusions of grandeur, no stupid unrealistic promises, no taking other peoples money upfront, and production completed away from the spotlight of pinball community 'opinion '.They have built a working pinball machine. If you want to buy it then you can. Simples.

Best of luck to them and I look forward to what else they may create :thumbs:

£6750 retail price is £5,625 net of VAT (assuming they are VAT registered). Out of that needs to come the distributors margin too. They aint going to make massive profits on 100 units.

I doubt they are vat registered, they will probably make around £3-5k per machine

I doubt they are vat registered, they will probably make around £3-5k per machine

Which if they sell these ten will be 10-16k each for over a years work and effort (and i really doubt the margin will be that high on a run of 10 games). I applaud them on the way they have gone about this project. I hope it is enough of a success that they can move on to further titles.

It’s great what they have put together hats off to you guys
Buts let’s have a reality check will this game sell to operators no they will go for a branded stern pro as cheeper and much more appealing to the public
The home market is very small in the uk and I know people banged on about tna how good it was but in reality has only sold 5 even iron maiden who ever body loves if you put aside the le has not yet made it in to double figures that inc pro and premium so it’s not looking too good for the mafia

There's the European market (at least for now) to consider as well, and they traditionally do like their games to be more simple. Whatever we thought of it, that's why New Canasta was made as an operator game.

Not for the first year I guess.

They'll have to be won't they? Companies with over 85k turnover need to be VAT registered...

Not for the first year I guess.

It doesnt really matter if they are VAT registered or not becuase if they sell via distributors. the distributor will most likely be VAT registered and so will have to charge VAT on the sale anyway.

it Doesn’t matter in the slightest because only a loon will buy one at that price

Whose ordered one ? Talk is cheap,

* new pin ballers alert *
At 2k I might have had a punt as it looks nice, at 3k i would be getting an older stern at 4K the modern games are there for you.

It’s a cheap no thrills, no advancement emperors new clothes , don’t buy it if you are new to pinball as you will end up selling it for a pittance and hating our community, the truth is the above comments are 95 % from people who would never buy it

Back
Top Bottom