What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Pinball Recommendations

todler

Site Supporter
Just spoken to a mate and he is looking at getting a replacement pinball. He has room for two and will be keeping Spider-Man but is after recommendations for a machine with similar flow/feel.
He has had BTDK (he liked this) LOTR ( he loved the theme but not the game), IJ, and XM.

As I haven't played many of the newer games I can't give him a steer with the likes of GB, TWD etc

Any recommendations? I did ask him budget, and he said it depends on the game.

Cheers

If he wants similar to SM, then AFMR or AFM is the game for him - similar fan layout. All time classic.

How about ST or a GOT ?
I do love GB and TWD ,but it does like that GB is becoming a marmite machine for some people unfortunately !

Forgot to add he only lives over the road from me so has had access to quite a few machines over the years, and he is after something reliable so would have to be a newer machine.
Recent Sterns I have had are ST, IM, Tron. Had an AFM so would be quite happy if he stumped up for an AFMr.

Never played a GOT but could run that by him. He is a fan of the series so he's halfway there.

Cheers

Haven't seen much love for GOT on here, hardly ever gets mentioned, you'd be forgiven for forgetting it came out.

Haven't seen much love for GOT on here, hardly ever gets mentioned, you'd be forgiven for forgetting it came out.

Think its a bit of a marmite one.

I'm one of the few who doesn't watch the show, so theme means nothing, and when I've played it the impenetrable nature of the ruleset to a new player has just p*ssed me off every time. Endless decisions, cash this in, keep that, dont keep this, spend gold, save gold, fight this thing, fight that thing ....WTF !?! :cuckoo: I want to play pinball, not Dungeons and Dragons.

So in a nutshell ...I hate it :)

I've only played pro and premium a few times, I neither like or dislike it, just find it odd very few people on here have 1 ( that I know of).

if he likes Spiderman - then new Stern Star Wars or Stern Star Trek, I think Phil has both in stock.

Back
Top Bottom