What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Pinball League

Fishbulb

Registered
Pinball Madness “The League”

Hi everyone I am pleased to announce there will be a New Local League starting on 8th March 2015 in Weston super Mare at my home address. It will be held on SUNDAYS to give the most people who wish to attend the best chance of coming along to play.

Since the new Ranking system was introduced on January 1st this year Leagues have become much more valuable than most single tournaments, certainly more that the UK scene can generally achieve (See the IFPA website for more details) so I have decided to have a go at running a league down here to help everyone to earn some WPPR points.

The season will normally run October to October, but due to the late start this year it will run March to October in this first season.
The machines that form part of my personal permanent collection are:
Tron LE, AC/DC premium, Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, The Addams Family, Fish Tales and Wizard (EM),
So a hopefully good base set of machines to pick from, I usually have another 4-6 pins available to play and put in the mix, all machines unused in the league will be available to play throughout the meet.

Full details are be posted on my website http://www.pinballmadness.co.uk/league for full rules and details

And of course juniors are welcome and have 3 trophies (1st – 3rd) they can win at the end of the league meets too.
Cheers
Neil

Pinball Madness UK
http://www.pinballmadness.co.uk

Reactions: HOW
Well done Neil and good luck running the league. I'll certainly be attending all meets that I can make.

Good news Neil (especially for the Westcountry!). Hope to make it along as regularly as possible, but may struggle for the first one due to proximity to my wife's birthday!

Hi there Neil. I attended my first UK meet-up last weekend at SWL.
I probs saw you, but to be honest I was pretty fixated with the flashing lights and flippy things ;)
Big up to Kevlar for heads-up in your new venture. I'd sure like to make it down, though 8th's out sadly :(

Just a quick reminder that Pinball Madness - The League starts next weekend SUNDAY 8th MARCH, Doors open From 12:00 midday, the actual league games start at 1:30pm onwards.

its open to all to attend with no prior registration.

PLEASE park cars with consideration to may neighbours and do not block any driveways, as anticipated numbers coming could be quite high!! thanks,

Hot and cold drinks provided free of charge, entry fees = Adults £5, Juniors (under 14) £4

If you arrive after the league start time that's not a problem, you will however only be able to practice on games not chosen for the league itself.

13-14 Machines should be available, 7 of which will be chosen at random, they are listed in my signature below, not being used are JD, Godzilla and JM (folded). and possibly Dr Dude

Please see my website http://www.pinballmadness.co.uk/league for full rules and details

Look forward to seeing as many of you as can make it on the day, it should be a lot of fun for everyone.

cheers
Neil

p.s. if anyone is well versed in Google sheets formulas (or possibly Excel as it basically mirrors it) i would be greatful of a bit of guidance to polish off the scoring system/position table, though it does work, I'm sure it could be made less labour intensive typing wise when reconciling the scores?
Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to assist, and P.M. me if you could help please

Hi Neil

That's spooky - I was just emailing via the contact form on your website to say I was planning to attend as you posted that.

Looking forward to it!!

Big thanks to Neil today for hosting very successfully the 1st meet of his new league. Excellent machines as expected and a good turnout, some good ideas implemented to help keep everyone playing and not getting in each other's way etc. Well done Neil.
A few pics...
20150308_161556.jpg
20150308_161520.jpg 20150308_154516.jpg 20150308_154457.jpg 20150308_150455.jpg 20150308_150452.jpg 20150308_125943.jpg 20150308_125940.jpg

Last edited:
My thanks also to Neil for a fun meet today and great selection and condition of games as ever. Look forward to the next one.

Cheers
Greg

Echo the above comments - very enjoyable afternoon, suspect I'll be 'propping the league table up', but good fun all round and good to meet a few new and (becoming) familia faces.

Appreciate all if Neil's hardwork and organisation that goes into making it all work ( as with any other such event).

Hoping to make it along to a few more of these (and other) league events as the year progresses!

Echo all the above statements. Neil did a fantastic job and really knows how to run an event, I only wish I could have stayed longer! Looking forward to the next one,

Cheers Craig

A big thanks for all the kind comments above, and to all that came along and supporting this first meet, I hope and think everyone enjoyed themselves, also a special thank you to Helmut and Emma for all the help they provided on Saturday and Sunday, without which it would not have run so smoothly.

The results are in! and Nick H has done some great work for me and posted them on my website already, you can view them there now:

http://www.pinballmadness.co.uk/league.php

And many thanks to him for doing that for me, as well as keeping all the UK Pinball league scoring data up to date for us all.

Great to see a good turn out of people from far and wide and Especially to Martin A. as he was the winner on the day so congratulations to him. It was a close run thing with Will D.

some nice pictures Kev

the next meet is scheduled for Sunday 26th April 2015, and hope to see as many of you as can make it down here for the second meet.

cheers

Neil

Pinball Madness “The League”

Hi everyone I am pleased to announce there will be a New Local League starting on 8th March 2015 in Weston super Mare at my home address. It will be held on SUNDAYS to give the most people who wish to attend the best chance of coming along to play.

Since the new Ranking system was introduced on January 1st this year Leagues have become much more valuable than most single tournaments, certainly more that the UK scene can generally achieve (See the IFPA website for more details) so I have decided to have a go at running a league down here to help everyone to earn some WPPR points.

The season will normally run October to October, but due to the late start this year it will run March to October in this first season.
The machines that form part of my personal permanent collection are:
Tron LE, AC/DC premium, Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, The Addams Family, Fish Tales and Wizard (EM),
So a hopefully good base set of machines to pick from, I usually have another 4-6 pins available to play and put in the mix, all machines unused in the league will be available to play throughout the meet.

Full details are be posted on my website http://www.pinballmadness.co.uk/league for full rules and details

And of course juniors are welcome and have 3 trophies (1st – 3rd) they can win at the end of the league meets too.
Cheers
Neil

Pinball Madness UK
http://www.pinballmadness.co.uk

Hi All
Just a quick reminder that Pinball Madness - The League Meet 2 is THIS COMING WEEKEND SUNDAY 26th April, Doors open From 12:00 midday, the actual league games start at 1:30pm onwards.
PLEASE park cars with consideration to my neighbors and do not block any driveways, as anticipated numbers coming could be quite high again !! thanks,
Hot and cold drinks provided free of charge, entry fees = Adults £5, Juniors (under 14) £4
If you arrive after the league start time that's not a problem, you will however only be able to practice on games not chosen for the league itself.
13-14 Machines should be available,7 of which will be chosen at random,
Tron Le, AC/DC premium, MM, MB, AFM, FT, TAF, Fire Mountain (possibly out), Wizard, Austin Powers, Hurricane, BBH Pro, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Trek the Next Generation

Look forward to seeing as many of you as can make it on the day, it should be a lot of fun for everyone.

PM me or see my website location details

cheers

Neil

Hi All
Just a quick reminder that Pinball Madness - The League Meet 2 is THIS COMING WEEKEND SUNDAY 31st MAY , Doors open From 12:00 midday, the actual league games start at 1:30pm onwards.
PLEASE park cars with consideration to my neighbors and do not block any driveways, as anticipated numbers coming could be quite high again !! thanks,
13-14 Machines should be available,7 of which will be chosen at random from
Tron Le, AC/DC premium, MM, MB, AFM, FT, TAF, Fire Mountain, Wizard,
Austin Powers, Hurricane, BBH Pro, another Addams Family
and If i can get them league ready in time Twilight Zone & Dr Who
The pins in RED are for sale should anyone be interested

PM me or see my website (Link below) for location details if you have not been before

cheers

Neil

Back
Top Bottom