What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Mobile Phone Suggestions Please

DRD

Registered
I have a Samsung Galaxy s9+ which is quite large. It has withstood innumerate drops. I am very happy with it, but the battery is not what it was and the screen has finally cracked.

Display - 146.5mm (5.8" full rectangle) / 143.3mm (5.6" rounded corners)
Resolution - 2960 x 1440 (Quad HD+)

Looking for another Android:
  • Similar large screen
  • Gorilla type glass/ good crash protection
  • Long battery life
  • Good browsing speed and switching between really basic apps (Whatsapp, Email, SMS ...)
  • Fingerprint reader to access the phone
Any suggestions pls ?

thanks

Stick with the S range and you won't be disappointed. Any other models you'll notice a step backwards.

I've got the S10+ and can't fault it.

If you want to go balls-deep the S21 is about to be realised..

I picked this up for £127 (Amazon) in the run up to xmas and its a bloody good phone and I've had Google Pixels in the past, plus comes with Android One (near stock plus 2yrs of updates)

Nokia 5.3 6.55 Inch Android UK SIM Free Smartphone with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB Storage

Reactions: DRD
Pixel 5 gets my vote, I upgraded from an original Pixel last year. Stock Android is best and the first to get updates. The battery life is immense for a modern smartphone too. Google ripped out all the gimmicky stuff and left just what's useful. Finger print reader is a must for me too instead of that face unlock bs

I feel if I mention iPhone I am going to get shouted at !

You obviously like android and samsung so stick with what you like and know :)

My best buddy has a Pixel 5 and he loves it. Along with our Mac vs PC debates, and Samsung vs Apple.

I’m Apple through and through and nothing will change my mind on that front.
That said I bought a cheap Sony Android for a mate 2yr ago and it’s been bomb solid and was less that £100 at Aldi. It’s still as snappy today as the day I gave it to him 2 xmas’ s ago.

I'm an apple fanboy, but way prefer Android phones. Samsung and pixel are the only two I can recommend.

I'd say stick with what you're happy with and know.
The Android vs iPhone argument has as staunch views as Remain vs Leave, and doubtful anything anyone will say will change anyone's mind.

Get another S9+, keeping with the same brand makes it so much easier to transfer all of your data from one phone to another. It took less than 10 minutes to transfer mine, including all apps, internet bookmarks and passwords.

As for protection, there's always a chance that if it falls the wrong way it'll sustain damage, there are lots of good slimline cases that offer great protection. Just a shame I dropped my S8+ while fitting the case and cracked the glass on the back😡, fortunately the case covered it completely and I used it for another 2 years without issue.

I actually downsized this time as I found the S8+ was too big to use one handed comfortably and switched to an S20, can hardly notice the change in size from viewing but significantly easier to handle and the sound, picture and camera quality is amazing.
I only changed as my contract was up for renewal and it was free, there was no dip in performance.
At least I now have a backup phone ready to go.

Just to say I'm on a fairphone 3 - probably not up to your spec - but I prefer the ethical choice it provides.

Sent from my FP3 using Tapatalk

Another recommendation for Pixel from me :thumbs: I went to a Pixel 3 in 2018 after always having iPhones and really like it, I can only imagine how good the Pixel 5 is!

I've been running OnePlus phones for a few years now and very happy with them. Both sons on them as well with no complaints (which is unusual!)

I've been using a Xiaomi one for a few years now. Great price and it works just fine.

I dropped out of the ' got to have the latest phone ' race a few years ago. Had a few budget phones since, very happy with my current Honor 9x, does everything I need it to, well enough, for about 1/4 - 1/3 the price of the latest greatest phones.

Back
Top Bottom