What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi, and thanks, the King Pin would be looking to purchase one before May this year if possible, in decent working order, i see other Gottliebs out there for sale, but i haven't seen any King Pin's.

If you do change your mind on selling, or if you know someone who could be persuaded i would be very grateful to discuss.

If you could point me in the direction of others places to look for sellers, that would be great.

@Stags6969 yea, we aren't too far away from each other!
You could try posing a wanted in these Facebook groups
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1434815296767544
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1515859252011820
The second is mainly US based but there are UK members too

I'll have a Jumping Jack for sale soon - has a very similar layout to King Pin but is a two player.
If you'd be interested send me a private message and I can send you pics - but there is somebody else who has first buying option when its done

Thanks for all the welcoming messages everyone. Yes, I see the risk of the things multiplying like tribbles.

@DAD, thanks particularly for your advice and comments. I have noted that the forum mostly covers newer machines, and I do appreciate that they offer more complex gameplay and much more. Perhaps I might find I want to move on once I’ve had a simple machine for a while. There’s only one way to find out.

@ronsplooter I am very interested in that Lucky Strike you’ve mentioned. I’ve read your shop log on it. You have put in so much work on it and it’s looking great. I don’t know how you could part with it having lavished such attention on it. From what I’ve read though, isn’t your intention to take it to shows?

Dave too, thanks for your offer to help, I’ll be in touch.
Sorry @Algae I just read back my message and it does read like I'm thinking of selling Lucky Strike, which I'm definitely not :D What I meant to say was you might be interested in the shop log thread :thumbs: It's definitely staying with me for a while but yes, the plan is to take it to a few shows once they startup again so you should be able to play it at some point hopefully!

Hi all. Thanks for letting me join. I been a fan of pinball for as long as I can remember. My earliest pinball memory is being stood on a chair in a hotel games room at the age of about 4 in the early 80s to learn how to play a playboy pinball. I was hooked. Ever since I have been addicted. My first search when I go to a new pub or arcade is for pinball. I have very fond memories of a back room in a cornish arcade packed with pinball tables. There were so many in there over the years but one in particular stands out. It was motorbike themed table with a way to get the ball in the backboard for a mountain climbing/trials area that was vertical and very difficult.

When I was about 14 a local sandwich shop in my town had a hurricane pin and it took all my pocket money while it was there. Since then I have seen fewer and fewer machines. There seems to be a lack of them in many arcades and this is really disappointing to me. That is why I have made the decision that when my games room is finished I will be getting a pinball table. I am hoping to find a hurricane machine but I think there are a lot of late 80s and 90s machines I would be happy to purchase along side more modern machines that I have seen since being in a position to possibly own one.

Hope to get to know some of you guys and get some hints and tips on purchasing my future pride and joy.

Welcome to the most Helpful community on the planet if I say so myself. My advice take your time do your research and don’t rush into the first pins you come across unless it’s an absolute bargain which are free and far between nowadays.
Just a word of caution every one starts with one pin unfortunately they just seem to multiply on their own or so my missus keeps telling me.

Feel free to pm if I can help in any way Col

one in particular stands out. It was motorbike themed table with a way to get the ball in the backboard for a mountain climbing/trials area that was vertical and very difficult.
Welcome aboard mate. The game you’re referring to is Banzai Run. One of my all time faves too.

Hi all. Thanks for letting me join. I been a fan of pinball for as long as I can remember. My earliest pinball memory is being stood on a chair in a hotel games room at the age of about 4 in the early 80s to learn how to play a playboy pinball. I was hooked. Ever since I have been addicted. My first search when I go to a new pub or arcade is for pinball. I have very fond memories of a back room in a cornish arcade packed with pinball tables. There were so many in there over the years but one in particular stands out. It was motorbike themed table with a way to get the ball in the backboard for a mountain climbing/trials area that was vertical and very difficult.

When I was about 14 a local sandwich shop in my town had a hurricane pin and it took all my pocket money while it was there. Since then I have seen fewer and fewer machines. There seems to be a lack of them in many arcades and this is really disappointing to me. That is why I have made the decision that when my games room is finished I will be getting a pinball table. I am hoping to find a hurricane machine but I think there are a lot of late 80s and 90s machines I would be happy to purchase along side more modern machines that I have seen since being in a position to possibly own one.

Hope to get to know some of you guys and get some hints and tips on purchasing my future pride and joy.
I started a Facebook group called 'Pinball in South Wales - UK" for places to play. Not many places left, not really worth it for operators. Especially in 2021...

Welcome aboard mate. The game you’re referring to is Banzai Run. One of my all time faves too.
That was it. Thanks for that. Bet they are few and far between. With all that going on in the backboard I would imagine it is a nightmare to keep in good working order.
Welcome to the most Helpful community on the planet if I say so myself. My advice take your time do your research and don’t rush into the first pins you come across unless it’s an absolute bargain which are free and far between nowadays.
Just a word of caution every one starts with one pin unfortunately they just seem to multiply on their own or so my missus keeps telling me.

Feel free to pm if I can help in any way Col
I am a few months away from purchasing my first table. I need to get my games room plastered and finished to give me the space to work on my late 90s bandits. (A few bulbs, a new battery and the problem of money falling in to random areas solved). Before I bring in new machines. I already have a problem. I am currently thinning my retro console and game collection to concentrate on my games room project and plans are already moving in to the living room area.

I started a Facebook group called 'Pinball in South Wales - UK" for places to play. Not many places left, not really worth it for operators. Especially in 2021...
Can’t remember seeing any over my way and that’s cost me a small fortune😬

Welcome Welshmiler, this is a good place to find a pin. Plenty of help here.
There are a few of us along the M4 Wales, I’m nearly 40 miles on from the end ☔

You just missed out on a Banzai Run, fairly local too.
Sold my Hurricane about 3 years ago just after the Welsh Pinball Cup event.
I know of another Hurricane, but the owner wanted a trade only.
May have a couple to sell this year.

A few people have said that, I'm not even old enough to have any real connection to it (born 85) but I fell in love with it playing it on pinball arcade of all places.

Back
Top Bottom