What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi
I'm Dave, North Shields, UK
Love pinball and spent my childhood in the arcades, which are now few and far between....
Just finished repairing my 1982 classic MB Vectrex
Hope to find my first pinball EM machine to restore and goal to own The Addams Family, boy are these expensive in any condition.
Love the forum

Please tell me you visit NERG yearly.....

Hi
Love pinball and spent my childhood in the arcades, which are now few and far between....
Hope to find my first pinball EM machine to restore and goal to own The Addams Family, boy are these expensive in any condition.
Love the forum
welcome.gifto Pinball Info @MorphVR6 .

Hi
Love the forum
Hi Dave, the arcades are just not what they used to be full of ticket churning garbage. What a shame.

Hello All,

Matt from Play in Bideford, North Devon. We've got six pins currently, Street Fighter II, Operation Thunder, Beat The Clock, X-Files, Super Mario and World Poker Tour.

Followed the forum for a while, thought it was time to say 'hello'.

Attachments

• Pinball Machines.jpg
    Pinball Machines.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 33
Hello All,

Matt from Play in Bideford, North Devon. We've got six pins currently, Street Fighter II, Operation Thunder, Beat The Clock, X-Files, Super Mario and World Poker Tour.

Followed the forum for a while, thought it was time to say 'hello'.

Hi Matt.

I holiday in Appledore every year. Can anyone come down and play these mate?

Hi,

Another newbie here, based in North West London not far from Wembley/Harrow.

I've been looking at pinball machines for the last few weeks and finally stumbled across this forum.

I used to play pinball at college back in the late 80s/early 90s. I mainly remember playing a fair bit on Banzai Run, and spent loads of time on Black Knight 2000 - used to be able to play starting with one credit and leaving it with quite a few credits several hours later. Mis-spent youth there!

Now in my early 50s and I have room for a machine, some budget, and permission from my wife to get one, so that, I thought, was the hard bits sorted - now just need to decide on a (one, single, not multiple) machine - why, from reading this forum, do I suspect I'll be managing to find additional space in future?

I thought the choice would be easy - just look for a Black Knight 2000, but the more you look at it, the more choice there is, and the more difficult it is to make any sort of decision. Also, where to get one from - machines obviously come up on eBay, but is it better to source one through something like this forum? I did phone up one supplier who apparently had BK2000 on special offer but was told that they don't actually have the machine, but just leave the ads on their site and can try to look for one if you want one (seriously??).

I like the look of the Williams machines from around the late 80s/early 90s (BK2000, Fish Tales, Funhouse, White Water), but then there's some great looking later ones from Stern (LoTR), and now there appear to be interesting machines from newcomers JJP and Spooky (love the look and speed of TNA).

I 'd be looking for a pre-owned machine, but do seem to be having a challenge coming to any sort of decision (although probably a good place to be - a bit like a kid in a sweet shop).

Anyway, thought I'd say Hi.

Conrad.

Welcome @C&C, I’m originally from Acton but live miles from there now.
Fancy a Black Knight 2000 myself and seen that one in Bristol you probably looked at that was a bit steep to be honest like most of them there.
You can get some mutton dressed as lamb machines on eBay so be careful, buying from someone on here would be your best bet for price and condition if you can find what you want.

Hi,

Another newbie here, based in North West London not far from Wembley/Harrow.

I've been looking at pinball machines for the last few weeks and finally stumbled across this forum.

I used to play pinball at college back in the late 80s/early 90s. I mainly remember playing a fair bit on Banzai Run, and spent loads of time on Black Knight 2000 - used to be able to play starting with one credit and leaving it with quite a few credits several hours later. Mis-spent youth there!

Now in my early 50s and I have room for a machine, some budget, and permission from my wife to get one, so that, I thought, was the hard bits sorted - now just need to decide on a (one, single, not multiple) machine - why, from reading this forum, do I suspect I'll be managing to find additional space in future?

I thought the choice would be easy - just look for a Black Knight 2000, but the more you look at it, the more choice there is, and the more difficult it is to make any sort of decision. Also, where to get one from - machines obviously come up on eBay, but is it better to source one through something like this forum? I did phone up one supplier who apparently had BK2000 on special offer but was told that they don't actually have the machine, but just leave the ads on their site and can try to look for one if you want one (seriously??).

I like the look of the Williams machines from around the late 80s/early 90s (BK2000, Fish Tales, Funhouse, White Water), but then there's some great looking later ones from Stern (LoTR), and now there appear to be interesting machines from newcomers JJP and Spooky (love the look and speed of TNA).

I 'd be looking for a pre-owned machine, but do seem to be having a challenge coming to any sort of decision (although probably a good place to be - a bit like a kid in a sweet shop).

Anyway, thought I'd say Hi.

Conrad.

Welcome aboard Conrad

BK2K is fairly common and I would think you would have a good chance of sourcing one from a member on here - put up a wanted post and see what's out there. You wouldn't be disappointed with any of the games you mention - all great games.

I'd highly recommend getting down to Flip Out in Croydon http://www.flipoutlondon.com/ ...... 50 odd machines available to play .....although it may or may not help you decide which machine to go for !

Thanks all for your replies.

The more I read of this forum, the more it seems to be a good place for sourcing a machine.

Thanks also for the suggestion of visiting Flip Out in Croydon - all being well I'm looking to get down there on Saturday, although as you say, I'm not sure it'll make it easier or more confusing to choose! :)

I have a couple of questions, which I'm sure have been asked before, but I can't find previous posts on - there seem to be stickies for sellers in the for sale section but none for buyers?

Assuming that someone on here has a suitable machine and a price can be agreed, what's the situation regarding delivery? I understand the norm is cash or bank transfer on collection, but not having easy access necessarily to a van/transport, I have seen frequent references to "Martin" - does he offer a pinball friendly delivery service, and if so, how do the payment mechanics work?

Thanks,

Conrad.

Yep - Martin is the delivery man of choice in the Uk. Doubtless whoever you buy from will have used him before, so I'm sure they will be able to pass on his details as and when you need them. Price is around 80 quid a machine (I think), and he's super friendly. Perhaps too friendly. Make sure you have tea ready.

Payment for machines depends on the seller, most often it'll be bank transfer. Some will accept paypal. Buy from someone who has been on site for a while and has a lot of posts - you can check those sort of things by clicking on the people's username. TBH you don't have to worry too much about that as everyone here will jump on potential scammers pretty quick.

Yep - Martin is the delivery man of choice in the Uk. Doubtless whoever you buy from will have used him before, so I'm sure they will be able to pass on his details as and when you need them. Price is around 80 quid a machine (I think), and he's super friendly. Perhaps too friendly. Make sure you have tea ready.

Payment for machines depends on the seller, most often it'll be bank transfer. Some will accept paypal. Buy from someone who has been on site for a while and has a lot of posts - you can check those sort of things by clicking on the people's username. TBH you don't have to worry too much about that as everyone here will jump on potential scammers pretty quick.
£85 - £95 for Martin

What Davey said.

I'm a relative newbie but the two machines that I've purchased from here have been excellent transactions. I bought my first pin at the end of last summer and now I'm on my 4th 😬😬😬.

Just be patient and wait for what you want to pop up on here. Most of the regulars maintain the hell out of their machines so anything that you get from an established member on here will be mechanically sound.

With a few months experience behind me I can see that most of the ebay stuff is overpriced and of course you don't know the history either.

Welcome aboard and good luck.

Thanks all for your replies.

The more I read of this forum, the more it seems to be a good place for sourcing a machine.

Thanks also for the suggestion of visiting Flip Out in Croydon - all being well I'm looking to get down there on Saturday, although as you say, I'm not sure it'll make it easier or more confusing to choose! :)

I have a couple of questions, which I'm sure have been asked before, but I can't find previous posts on - there seem to be stickies for sellers in the for sale section but none for buyers?

Assuming that someone on here has a suitable machine and a price can be agreed, what's the situation regarding delivery? I understand the norm is cash or bank transfer on collection, but not having easy access necessarily to a van/transport, I have seen frequent references to "Martin" - does he offer a pinball friendly delivery service, and if so, how do the payment mechanics work?

Thanks,

Conrad.
Get yourself along to Flipout on the 1st of March for the 1st meeting of the UK Pinball League.
A great way to see a lot of different pinballs, and meet lots of other people. Someone will almost certainly be able to point you in the direction of a machine for sale that could suit you.

Check out all of the meetings at www.ukpinballleague.co.uk

Get yourself along to Flipout on the 1st of March for the 1st meeting of the UK Pinball League.
A great way to see a lot of different pinballs, and meet lots of other people. Someone will almost certainly be able to point you in the direction of a machine for sale that could suit you.

Check out all of the meetings at www.ukpinballleague.co.uk

Thanks for this.

I've already arranged to go down to Flipout this coming Saturday (15th Feb) with my wife for a few hours to play some of the pins.

I've also reserved the dates in my diary for all 5 of the London/South-East League meetings for this year, so fully intend going to at least the first couple, and take it from there - the last 3 potentially clash with cricket matches as I normally play cricket on a Sunday during the summer, but as there are only 3 clashes and there are around 22 cricket Sundays, I wouldn't mind giving the pinball priority for these also! :)

Hi. Hello and welcome.

Flip out is an obvious choice if you can face the hike across town. I was playing BK2000 there last weekend.

Slightly nearer to home you also have Chief Coffee.

Look forward to meeting you at the SE league, you’ll find you’re smack in the demographic of Middle Aged men who’s partners go with them to one pinball meet and then never feel obligated to give up their weekends again 😉

Thanks for all the replies.

I've also just spoken to my brother (lives up near Leeds) and I'll be seeing him soon - he suggested a day/evening out at Arcadeclub in Leeds, so will be going there as well in a few weeks - I contacted them and although mainly retro arcade games, they do have Medieval Madness, Baby Pacman, The Walking Dead, and Wizard of Oz.

Hi. Hello and welcome.

Flip out is an obvious choice if you can face the hike across town. I was playing BK2000 there last weekend.

Slightly nearer to home you also have Chief Coffee.

Look forward to meeting you at the SE league, you’ll find you’re smack in the demographic of Middle Aged men who’s partners go with them to one pinball meet and then never feel obligated to give up their weekends again 😉

I didn't know about Chief Coffee - looks easier to get to, so will pop in there as well at some point soon.

LOL at the "partners who go to one meet" - may well be true, although it depends if she enjoys playing or not. She wasn't that keen initially even on going to Croydon once, but when I started describing a couple of games and showed a few youtube videos, she now seems to vaguely remember playing before we met (over 25 years ago), so you never know. She is pretty tolerant of boys toys type activities to be fair, even having driven herself on trackdays at Rockingham, Blyton, North Weald and Spa Francorchamps!

Brewdog in Shepherd's Bush is also close to you as well. Regarding delivery of a pin, i am moving machines around London regularly so may be able to help.

Brewdog was about the only place I'd heard of having pins in London before finding this forum, and I'll look to call in there also at some point. Thanks for the suggestion.

Also thanks for the offer re. moving machines - I may well be in touch depending on where I find one and how it works out.

see you Saturday!

Look forward to meeting you. Please do come up and say "Hello" - I guess we may be easy enough to spot as a couple of new faces. If it makes it any easier, I'll be the large guy with the white beard, glasses and ponytail! My wife the smaller Indian lady!

Oh and we have a treat for all Flip Outters! - The World Famous Disco Maiden is at the club :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom