What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi, I'm Andy, love playing but don't own my own pin yet. I'm a very poor player, but will happily travel to get some experience on pins I haven't played, or have limited experience on. Love this hobby, and the people that keep it alive

Hi all,

Glad to be on a forum again. It's been years since I've been part of any forum.

Just registered my interest in the Irish league. I am certainly a noob, no doubt about that but I have visited the likes of the Pinball museums in Poland and Budapest. I try to hit up a spot in Dublin (2hr drive from me) every now and then.

When I'm lucky enough to be afforded the time to work in the States I try to seek out some spots. Just last month I managed to visit Laymans Tavern, which had some of my favourite tables included Attack from Mars.

Hopefully one day I'll get the space to have my own table.

Thanks for having me.

welcome to the forum. I currently run the Irish pinball league, which will be starting up again after Christmas. It covers all of Ireland so we have meets in both the north and south of Ireland. We usually try to organise car shares etc to save on travel expense for players if travelling to the other end of the island etc..if you don’t want to or can’t travel to all the meets it’s fine as your position in the league is decided by your best three meets.

if you want to be kept up to date with upcoming meets send me an email at Irish.pinball.league@gmail.com and i will add you to the list. have a look at ukpinballleague.co.uk then click on results. Click on the different meets to see what sort of games we have in the league.

Also even though it’s ran as a league it’s really only an excuse to meet up and play a few games and have a laugh.

cheers
ian

Hi all,

Glad to be on a forum again. It's been years since I've been part of any forum.

Just registered my interest in the Irish league. I am certainly a noob, no doubt about that but I have visited the likes of the Pinball museums in Poland and Budapest. I try to hit up a spot in Dublin (2hr drive from me) every now and then.

When I'm lucky enough to be afforded the time to work in the States I try to seek out some spots. Just last month I managed to visit Laymans Tavern, which had some of my favourite tables included Attack from Mars.

Hopefully one day I'll get the space to have my own table.

Thanks for having me.
Welcome!:thumbs:

Evening everyone.

New to the forum and looking to buy my first machine. I have had a virtual pinball machine I built that I have recently sold.

Looking forward to getting into ownership and learning all about the machines and getting to know you lovely lot [emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello from Felixstowe. I am finally in a position to buy my first pin so keeping my eyes peeled. I spent many hour's in my youth in the Brighton arcades playing Black Knight 2000 and being mesmerized by the magna save, also getaway, Cyclone, Hurricane, Adams's Family, THMT, Simpson's, CFTBL. Loved it.

Hello from Felixstowe. I am finally in a position to buy my first pin so keeping my eyes peeled. I spent many hour's in my youth in the Brighton arcades playing Black Knight 2000 and being mesmerized by the magna save, also getaway, Cyclone, Hurricane, Adams's Family, THMT, Simpson's, CFTBL. Loved it.
Welcome to the madness

Morning all. I'm a long time lurker but finally serious about getting a pinball machine. My wife is mad on them and i've always promised her one when we can afford it.

I look forward to the banter and getting hold of one.

My worry is getting one from someone reputable, be they a business or individual. I've been burnt before with a jukebox, so i need to find someone honest.

Anyone got a Tron Legacy machine for sale or know of one thats good?

Welcome @daytona650. Getting your partner to agree is half the battle and it sounds like you're on the same page which is more than can be said about most of the members on here.

You're in safe hands here and you should be able to buy with confidence from other forum members. If you find yourself needing technical support/ advice then you've come to the right place too.

One word of advice, get in quick, games on here can sell within minutes.

Yep - she used to play them a lot in her youth, so its an easy sell :cool:

Well i have some money saved, so if someone has the right machine, i'm happy to buy!

Everyone seems very enthusiastic here, i love a good forum :)

What is it with all the members with easy, pinball loving wives !? My wife likes holidays and clothes.

Anyway welcome to pinballinfo @daytona650. This is a pretty tight community and everyone pretty much knows everyone, so most people selling have a good reputation and want to keep it that way. Scammers when they do popup have been outed within minutes, but you can check someones history on the forum by clicking on their name.

Have fun and be prepared for more than one. It never ends with one.

What is it with all the members with easy, pinball loving wives !? My wife likes holidays and clothes.

Anyway welcome to pinballinfo @daytona650. This is a pretty tight community and everyone pretty much knows everyone, so most people selling have a good reputation and want to keep it that way. Scammers when they do popup have been outed within minutes, but you can check someones history on the forum by clicking on their name.

She's a keeper thats for sure, but holidays and clothes sounds as expensive as pinball machines :)

Mrs Gonzo likes holidays, clothes, gadgets, eating out and pinball so I'm really lucky 🤔

Hi pinheads, I'm John from Chippenham in Wiltshire. After playing Pinball Arcade on PS4 with my kids over the holidays I decided to buy a table.

I really love the vintage designs so decided to go the easy route and purchase an EM machine to restore. How hard can it be, right?

Hi everyone,

My name is Michael, and I live in Northern Ireland; I was directed to this site by bigian after sending him a message about joining the Irish pinball league - thanks Ian! I have been lurking on pinside for a long time, but had no idea this site existed...

I started playing pinball on the PC many moons ago, and while I would always pump every 50p I have into any pinball machine I found, they are pretty rare round these parts, so for a long time I was confined to virtual pinball. But just before Christmas, I took delivery of my first real pinball machine - a JJP Willy Wonka - best decision ever! The vpin cab hasn't been switched on since, and it is only a matter of time before I tear that down and replace it with another real pin... ;)

Hi everyone,

My name is Michael, and I live in Northern Ireland; I was directed to this site by bigian after sending him a message about joining the Irish pinball league - thanks Ian! I have been lurking on pinside for a long time, but had no idea this site existed...

I started playing pinball on the PC many moons ago, and while I would always pump every 50p I have into any pinball machine I found, they are pretty rare round these parts, so for a long time I was confined to virtual pinball. But just before Christmas, I took delivery of my first real pinball machine - a JJP Willy Wonka - best decision ever! The vpin cab hasn't been switched on since, and it is only a matter of time before I tear that down and replace it with another real pin... ;)

Welcome.

I played Wonka in Tilt Birmingham last night for the 1st time. Was really impressed!

Hi everyone,

Welcome aboard Michael !

There are a few Irish pinheads on here - always good to have more. I'm Belfast born myself, so I am :D Though been this side of the water for a long time now.

Wonka was a bit of a gamble, unseen and unplayed, but I had read nothing but good things about JJP and I couldn't say no to Gene Wilder's Wonka :)

It is very encouraging to hear there are some other pinheads on this island, I see so few machines and so many of my friends have never even seen a pinball machine let alone play one - hopefully look forward to meeting some of them soon at a meet up!

Hi pinheads, I'm John from Chippenham in Wiltshire. After playing Pinball Arcade on PS4 with my kids over the holidays I decided to buy a table.

Welcome John. We have a couple that travel down to Special When Lit from Chippenham every couple of months for the Friday night session.

I really love the vintage designs so decided to go the easy route and purchase an EM machine to restore. How hard can it be, right?

Extremely. More so if you can't find a schematic for it. This should be a good place to start your ownership -> http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

I went into this with eyes wide open and have no illusions about how hard this could be! I've read through Clay's guide along with various others and I've managed to find the schematic and have already started reading through it. I've never attempted anything on this scale before and I'll start a shop log documenting my disasters as I go. Should be a wild but hopefully rewarding ride.

welcome.gifto Pinball Info @jimkounter

Hi everyone,

welcome.gifto Pinball Info @slippifishi , great choice on the Wonka. I also took the plunge on one and I'm loving it.

Hi everyone, David here from deep in the middle of Devon. So....my first pinball was a TZ in 2014, and its still here. I thought that would be my one and only machine, but after my mother Iris passed away I decided to build a games room named after her as a legacy and suddenly realised there was room for 3 more pinballs..... Enter TOM, WW, and JP ( JP since replaced with SS.)
I like the vibe, humour and knowledge here, some of you will forget more about pinball than I will ever know. I’m into the technical side and enjoy maintaining and modding. Recently added headphone outputs on the pinballs for little outlay, needed because of the way the games room is set up. (I’m a useless player though )
Realised it’s much better to trade through here as everyone seems to look out for each other. My open wound is of course buying my last 4 pinballs through a well known South Wesr dealer.....o_O

Hi
I'm Dave, North Shields, UK
Love pinball and spent my childhood in the arcades, which are now few and far between....
Just finished repairing my 1982 classic MB Vectrex
Hope to find my first pinball EM machine to restore and goal to own The Addams Family, boy are these expensive in any condition.
Love the forum

Back
Top Bottom