What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Morning and Hi,

Newbie here, to this forum and to the world of Pinball.

Perhaps to briefly explain the new to Pinball bit and why I have joined this forum.

Background in (80s) electronics, just finished fitting out a workshop in the back garden, winter in coming and want a project.

A year back I bought a Bride of Pinbot backglass, it’s pride of place in the workshop and now would be great to make / find / repair the rest of that machine to go with the backglass.

Am thinking (hoping) this will take me some years of research, fiddling and all round fun.

Along the way hope I can help others on here, post my progress and get help, lots of help!

Hello, brides of pinbot do come up fairly often, if you look on the machines for sale forum you can filter by name and see what some have gone for/post a wanted ad.

Cool Forum! Hi, I am quite new to pinball, started playing more religiously about 2 years ago when we got a dialed in! at work - lunchtime fun! Sad situation when you try to play anywhere around the north east, there is not much here! (Sunderland area)

Looking to acquire my first own pin at some point if budget, price, machine and everything else like wife's mood falls into place :)

Hi all,
Wanted a Pinball table for a few years now. Recently it all came together and bought my 1st one (one of many maybe?!).
Its The Shadow, back box had to be removed to get it in the house so there was a bit of learning there straight away.
Played around with the LEDs, replaced ribbon cable after a no sound/lines on DMD issue and have 2 new ramps on their way.
Loving it!

01dcd79f234746b28b9b320ba538c01d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello All.
Just joined from Oz.
Pinball is a passion for me and I have owned/played many over the years.
Currently own Alien Le(probably the best pin ever). Tommy (underrated).The Mafia founders no 007(looks basic,but very difficult,a keeper).Breakshot(only because it reminds me of great times of my youth).Digital bingo(had an em Bally bingo but kept failing.This one is good) The Sopranos(for its gameplay and grit)
Look forward to engage in the forums

Hello All.
Just joined from Oz.
Pinball is a passion for me and I have owned/played many over the years.
Currently own Alien Le(probably the best pin ever). Tommy (underrated).The Mafia founders no 007(looks basic,but very difficult,a keeper).Breakshot(only because it reminds me of great times of my youth).Digital bingo(had an em Bally bingo but kept failing.This one is good) The Sopranos(for its gameplay and grit)
Look forward to engage in the forums
Welcome mate

Welcome @gold1. I originally hail from oz also, when my pinballing was restricted to playing them in pubs. My nephews have expressed an interest in getting a machine, what would you say is the best way to buy in Australia?

Buying a pinball in Australia is probably much like elsewhere. You need to know what you are looking at to make sure that you do not get a dud that has been hacked etc.I would suggest they work out what theme they like and try to play it first.If intending to buy new there are distributors in most states.If they live in Victoria I can help to look over a used machine.

Hi there, always good to know of a fellow Alien owner - Feel free to share tales of living with such a demanding machine... :D
cheers,
mike.

Hi there, always good to know of a fellow Alien owner - Feel free to share tales of living with such a demanding machine... :D
cheers,
mike.
Thanks Mike,

I am sure you are well aware of the history of this machine,and probably the ongoing issues with it as well.When it plays as it should it is like playing a TZ in super hyper mode,there is nothing better IMO.What is so frustrating are the gremlins that crop up: cutting out mid play,Xeno head malfunction,airlock malfunction,and of course IO board failure of which I have had to replace three???????Because there is no manual available it makes sourcing/fixing problems all the more difficult.Having said that,would I sell it? NO!

regards henry

Thanks Mike,

I am sure you are well aware of the history of this machine,and probably the ongoing issues with it as well.When it plays as it should it is like playing a TZ in super hyper mode,there is nothing better IMO.What is so frustrating are the gremlins that crop up: cutting out mid play,Xeno head malfunction,airlock malfunction,and of course IO board failure of which I have had to replace three???????Because there is no manual available it makes sourcing/fixing problems all the more difficult.Having said that,would I sell it? NO!

regards henry
A couple of the people involved with Alien that I have spoken with claimed that some documentation exists but so far no-one has come up with the goods.
Fortunately I have had few technical issues with my machine, barring a recurring issue with the 6.3A secondary fuse blowing randomly. I've dialled down the solonoid power levels and it's holding for now. I have a spare IO board from Free-play.se just in case. I have had to replace 15 LED PCBs and one more has recently gone, taking out 2 of my 3 eggs!
mike.

A couple of the people involved with Alien that I have spoken with claimed that some documentation exists but so far no-one has come up with the goods.
Fortunately I have had few technical issues with my machine, barring a recurring issue with the 6.3A secondary fuse blowing randomly. I've dialled down the solonoid power levels and it's holding for now. I have a spare IO board from Free-play.se just in case. I have had to replace 15 LED PCBs and one more has recently gone, taking out 2 of my 3 eggs!
mike.
There would have been schematics when Heighway was building the machines so why they have not surfaced as yet is a mystery.That fuse blowing has also happened to me!Some have suggested that changing the USB cables to ferrite core types helps solve some issues.That is my next try.
Henry

Hi all,

I'm Kev from Guernsey, very new to pinball, but have been into collecting arcade games for a few years, have been considering adding a pin to my small collection for some time, so now busy saving up and will start looking for my first pin once Christmas is out of the way.
Been browsing the forum and trying to absorb as much info as I can before taking the plunge.

Hi all,

Glad to be on a forum again. It's been years since I've been part of any forum.

Just registered my interest in the Irish league. I am certainly a noob, no doubt about that but I have visited the likes of the Pinball museums in Poland and Budapest. I try to hit up a spot in Dublin (2hr drive from me) every now and then.

When I'm lucky enough to be afforded the time to work in the States I try to seek out some spots. Just last month I managed to visit Laymans Tavern, which had some of my favourite tables included Attack from Mars.

Hopefully one day I'll get the space to have my own table.

Thanks for having me.

Back
Top Bottom