What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi all.. just me... back again
Welcome back @idchappy you managed to get to either of the Play Glasgow shows over the past couple of years? Don't know if you know about or are intrested in taking part in the Scottish League?

If you are I can keep you posted on when the next league meet is.

Greetings from Georgia, My name is Henson misspent youth playing arcade games all through the 80's. I'm new to the pin world and shopping for my first pin, I haven't pulled the trigger on anything just yet, any advise for someone just getting into the hobby is much appreciated.

Welcome to Pinball Info Henson.
Always good to see overseas members joining us here on the best pinball forum.

Welcome Henson, glad to hear your growing up now and wanting to move onto pins.

As for advice on which pin to get first, try and get out and play a few to see what you like. Buy something that's fully working unless you know how to fix them. Buy from a collector as they should offer support if you need it afterwards.

Hi, new here. From sunny buckingham.

Been lurking for a while, mainly as Ive not even seen my pin for over a year :( (shadow)

Hopefully will resurrect it soon.

Hi - new here. I been around on the forum for a week or two and just bought Andy's BOP2 - eagerly awaiting delivery next week! I've had a TAF for around 15 years (bought it massively naively but managed to luck out with it). I'm realising that I need a little more pinball in my life but had no idea how I can slot it in between work (and the associated travelling), the wife, 2 kids and 2 dogs (labs) but I'm giving it a go. I've got room for a 3rd pin in my games room but no approval from the missus yet!

Hi - new here. I been around on the forum for a week or two and just bought Andy's BOP2 - eagerly awaiting delivery next week! I've had a TAF for around 15 years (bought it massively naively but managed to luck out with it). I'm realising that I need a little more pinball in my life but had no idea how I can slot it in between work (and the associated travelling), the wife, 2 kids and 2 dogs (labs) but I'm giving it a go. I've got room for a 3rd pin in my games room but no approval from the missus yet!

Welcome aboard Martin.

There are a few members in the Hampshire area.

Hi, thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Adi I'm from West Yorkshire, currently looking to buy my first table. Looking forward to learning about the machines and getting stuck in.

Cheers

Welcome Adi,

Do you know what your looking for or how much you'v got to spend?

If your looking for a broadside then the only pin to go for is Black Rose, a pirate themed game complete with a broadside cannon.

Welcome Adi,

Do you know what your looking for or how much you'v got to spend?

If your looking for a broadside then the only pin to go for is Black Rose, a pirate themed game complete with a broadside cannon.

I'm looking at moment £1500 -2k at a push for right table, seems to sell quick though

If you know what you want put up a wanted ad. If you don't know what you want try getting out and playing a few to get an idea, also try the app The Pinball Arcade it has real pins on it. It's good to get an idea about what you like, but it' not as good as the real thing.

The other thing to do is buy from here if you don't like it move it on and try another.

Hi, thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Adi I'm from West Yorkshire, currently looking to buy my first table. Looking forward to learning about the machines and getting stuck in.

Cheers

Hey Adi - great to see you’ve finally listened to me and joined the forum! ;]

Known this guy for years - he helped me collect my first ever machine (TZ for £700 out of the Yellow Free Ads paper - about 18 years ago now!).

Cheers
Howdy Adi. Another addition to the West Yorkshire Pinball Army. :clap:

Hi just signed up and thought I would say hello.

Used to play pinball in late 80’s early 90’s favourite back then was taf loved playing it and it was also located in my favourite local pub so most of time was playing while drunk!

I am an electronics engineer by trade but I have been in the management side of things for quite a few years now bit still like to dabble with electronics and mechanics. Worked at Bell Fruit in my early years then repair engineer for car audio then electronics design for automotive.

Recently played some pinball games on a PS4 and it reminded me how good real pinball was. I have actually got room for a machine now and also have permission to get one from the wife so started looking around and found this forum.

I am looking to pick up a project machine that needs some work something around 1990 ish not too bothered what make for my first one. I really enjoy diagnosing and repairing faulty stuff from board level and micro stuff to mechanical faults so not worried about taking a challenge on. Looking to pick up something relatively cheap for a starting point £500 ish would like to do it this way and invest a fair bit in it to get it fully working firstly then bring it up to a nice standard over time then start looking for others.

Cheers,

John

Welcome to Pinball Info John, I'm sure someone on here can help you out with your search for your first machine.

Welcome John. Pinball projects are great fun if that's your bag, all of my collection were received in various states of disrepair from electronic repairs to mouses living in bells that needed rehoming!

Hello Everyone, another Newbie here, I'm Alan from Leeds, West Yorkshire. I've dreamed about owning a pinball machine ever since I played a Paragon at University in 1980/1981. Finally took the plunge in August 2017 and purchased a Stern Star Trek Pro. Absolutely loved it and then I Immediately went on the search for a Paragon - I found one in the USA and like a fool Fedexed it overnight into the UK. It could just be the most expensive Paragon ever bought - ha ha! I'm really enjoying the maintenance side of things with the paragon.

Now busy making space for the next machine, I really like the idea of an EM machine, but also think a JJP machine would be nice to complete the set, so to speak. Then again Twilight Zone and Medieval Madness and a Star Trek TNG all look appealing too. I did play TAF in the 1990s and wasn't really a fan, but need to play one again to see if it's to my liking.

Looking to get in contact with anyone local, it's encouraging to see some much activity on this forum, looking forward to chatting, playing and buying your machines :)

Back
Top Bottom