What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New low cost Bally / Stern LED Displays

EDIT - If I get 5 confirmed full set orders by the end of June 2015, then the special pricing below will still be available. Get in touch ASAP if you are interested. has that run out if not i'll have a Kit for 4 players + credit display (7 digit)
5x 6 or 7 digit Red display value pack £110 £100 (any mix)

correct but as luke is selling them he might have extended the cut off date to sell some
thats why i was enquiring :thumbs:

I needed at least 5 orders (25 pcbs) to make the pcb price worthwhile. You are in luck, I ordered 50 PCB's as I wanted some more for myself. I have a couple of sets spare, so @rockhouse let me know what you want

So I bet you are all wondering if my red LED displays look good on @ronsplooters really lovely Fireball 2, and well, I think they do :)

Thanks again to repeat customer Chris :)

Also seriously, go check his Fireball 2 out at the show, it looks really good, he did a great job of restoring it.

IMG_9028 (Medium).JPG

Aye a real beauty of a machine, had a couple of games and really enjoyed it, suppose its a reprieve for not bringing Fathom ;)

i enjoyed playing this one at the weekend too, and i'm not into the game style at all. the well-built flippers, lovely playfield, great sounds and clear bright displays made this one play like no other from its era. i voted for it in the pre-90s group, and i bet most of us here did too. nice one dude

Hello.
I'm interested for a blue kit, for a Xenon.
PS:
Still no distributor for this displays?

Hello.
I'm interested for a blue kit, for a Xenon.
PS:
Still no distributor for this displays?

I'll check I have enough blue segments left in stock and let you know. I'll tell the wife to fire up the soldering iron ;)

No distributors yet no

I will play the useful idiot, but what means :
  • Available in high brightness configuration for people with upgraded +5v power supplies

Would these fit playfield mounted displays as seen on Mr and Mrs Pacman etc?

In case no one else has mentioned it, your design is genius!

Just a shame the comma displays require such high volume to order them.

Would these fit playfield mounted displays as seen on Mr and Mrs Pacman etc?

In case no one else has mentioned it, your design is genius!

Just a shame the comma displays require such high volume to order them.

I don't know the answer yet, but I own a Vector and assume a similar mounting method?

I appreciate your comments. I hope some day I find a supplier that will do smaller runs of comma displays OR if I can somehow find out who supplies Pinscore/Rottendog, we all know how likely a Chinese distributor would be to honour an "exclusivity" agreement if I asked them to run me off a 1000 segments on the quiet :)

I don't know the answer yet, but I own a Vector and assume a similar mounting method?

Note sure, I have two restorations coming up, Pacman and yet another EBD LE, seem to have a drastic shortage of 7 digit displays so this will come in hady, otherwise they'll end up be 6 digit game!

In the past I've hand made the odd LED display but these are just the ticket!

There are not many under playfield photos for Mr & Mrs Pac, but it looks like it would be a fit.

We can of course compare a couple of measurements of the boards and screwholes if it would help, or when you are in a position to work on the machine, you are welcome to try one out for fitting, and send it back if it's no good.

Is it listed in the manual as a standard display? On VECTOR its the same as those in the BB (albeit a mix of 6 & 7 digits used) but has more of a bracket under the pf that it slides into. I can look later if it has the same mounts as your photo.

Re. the playfield-mounted display; the normal display holder (as used on backbox insert panels) is attached to the two base brackets shown in the picture. It's a case of the holder being fixed from the opposite side to Ballys' usual practice, as with Elektra and old-time Stern 7-digit displays. The two extra brackets take up the 'projection' of the original display pcb, so that the frame for the display envelope ends up close to the underside of the playfield.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom