What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New low cost Bally / Stern LED Displays

Re. the playfield-mounted display; the normal display holder (as used on backbox insert panels) is attached to the two base brackets shown in the picture.

Cool. If that's the case I may well have a spare bracket should you need one @Dave2084

Here's what I have, no display or bracket on the playfield but at least they left the bits that hold the bracket. I presume this would work OK?

That looks like it will fit. I imagine my pcb will screw straight into those brackets (and I imagine you would be best removing the brackets, and screwing the pcb onto the front of them and then re-fitting the brackets)

Let me know if you want to give one a try

@lukewells @Dave2084 Luke, I've still got the green display you lent me to try in my Flash Gordon that I need to get back to you and I was going to bring to 8 bit flip. The weekend before that I'm at John's for the Midlands league meet so if Dave is going to that I could take it there and pass it on to Dave? Let me know if this works for both of you?

@lukewells @Dave2084 Luke, I've still got the green display you lent me to try in my Flash Gordon that I need to get back to you and I was going to bring to 8 bit flip. The weekend before that I'm at John's for the Midlands league meet so if Dave is going to that I could take it there and pass it on to Dave? Let me know if this works for both of you?

That's not a problem for me, if Dave wanted it just to test out the fitting (I imagine he doesn't want green on Ms Pac)

Either way, if one of you can either post that display back, or bring it to a pinball show or the arcade club then it's fine with me. No major rush either.

That looks like it will fit. I imagine my pcb will screw straight into those brackets (and I imagine you would be best removing the brackets, and screwing the pcb onto the front of them and then re-fitting the brackets)

Let me know if you want to give one a try

That's neat Luke I didn't realise your replacements bolted flat onto where the legacy mounting brackets would sit. @Dave2084 you're fortunate to have the underside mounting brackets. Here's a picture of the legacy bracket in situ (on my VECTOR) and with the original type display fitted (in Lukes VECTOR!).

WP_20160306_10_41_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20151002_11_35_33_Pro.jpg

I do have a few of the brackets kicking round but not the 6 I'll need for the pacman restoration.

Happy to have one on trial for a bit and will post back when done.

Happy to have one on trial for a bit and will post back when done.

Dave, are you going to be at John's for the league meet on the 20th? If so I'll being the one that Luke lent me a while back.

That's neat Luke I didn't realise your replacements bolted flat onto where the legacy mounting brackets would sit. @Dave2084 you're fortunate to have the underside mounting brackets. Here's a picture of the legacy bracket in situ (on my VECTOR) and with the original type display fitted (in Lukes VECTOR!).

Hah! My Vector, you've still seen more of it than me :)

Update :-

Limited number of yellow displays available (pics to follow)

Special edition dual colour displays for Bally Vector (pics to follow)

I highly recommend these display :thumbs: Got them in Flash Gordon and Fathom and they are quality. Anyone who went to NERG would have seen a set of blue ones in my Fathom :)

I managed to get hold of some more yellow segments, so yellow are temporarily priced the same as blue and green. After this yellow will be special order/ higher priced again

1x 6 digit Red and Blue display for Bally Vector £30
1x 6 digit Red display £26
1x 6 digit Green display £28
1x 6 digit Blue display £28
1x 6 digit Yellow display £28

1x 7 digit Red display £27
1x 7 digit Green display £29
1x 7 digit Blue display £29
1x 7 digit Yellow display £29

Kit for 4 players + credit display (6 digit)

5x 6 digit Red display value pack £110
5x 6 digit Green display value pack £120
5x 6 digit Blue display value pack £120
5x 6 digit Yellow display value pack £120

Kit for 4 players + credit display (7 digit)

5x 6 or 7 digit Red display value pack £120 (any mix)
5x 6 or 7 digit Green display value pack £130 (any mix)
5x 6 or 7 digit Blue display value pack £130 (any mix)
5x 6 or 7 digit Yellow display value pack £130 (any mix)

Back
Top Bottom