What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Firstly the more I see of this game the more I like it. It just looks like a no expense spared fun packed music extravaganza.

As for the chap playing . . . . he's clearly very skilled and it's incredibly coordinated to trap 3/4 balls on flippers. However it does sort of reduce the most fun and frenetic part of pinball (multiball) into a bit of a snoozefest. He's basically qualified for multiball and used it as a single ball game with minimal risk.

Strategically and skillfully very impressive but the game slows down and those wonderful sounds and lights are not being activated as multiple projectiles hit all those toys.
That’s only during the booster multiballs. When he gets into a song he plays the vast majority of his shots on the fly. If you trap up during the song your “rock it” meter decays and you run the risk of being booed off stage.
Love his never cash out attitude. Certainly makes for good streaming.

Firstly the more I see of this game the more I like it. It just looks like a no expense spared fun packed music extravaganza.

As for the chap playing . . . . he's clearly very skilled and it's incredibly coordinated to trap 3/4 balls on flippers. However it does sort of reduce the most fun and frenetic part of pinball (multiball) into a bit of a snoozefest. He's basically qualified for multiball and used it as a single ball game with minimal risk.

Strategically and skillfully very impressive but the game slows down and those wonderful sounds and lights are not being activated as multiple projectiles hit all those toys.
Don't over think it, he most likely has batsh1t crazy games where its all over the place but he's slowing it down to explain to us mere mortals what the f is actually going on so we don't just think its balls out multiball with no purpose. Total guess on this btw but sort of makes sense....!

That’s only during the booster multiballs. When he gets into a song he plays the vast majority of his shots on the fly. If you trap up during the song your “rock it” meter decays and you run the risk of being booed off stage.
Love his never cash out attitude. Certainly makes for good streaming.

Fair play, I never got past the first few mins so clearly didn't see the razzmatazz and mayhem.

That still looks like 2020, last update was in November. Are you mixing up the disease naming with the date? I just can't see Americans having a directive written out and in place especially over Christmas 2019. First case in Illinois was in jan 2020..
Yes sir, you are correct 👍
The JJP response about it being an early photo however is no excuse. How early was the photo? They should still be adhering to the 6 foot ruling in that photo. They are dawning masks so when did this come in as mandatory? The social distancing was in prior to mask wearing. The documents both state social distancing should be enforced even with masks.
Yes I’m a twat for bringing this up but not long ago loads of peeps were getting annoyed on this forum about Pinball shows being cancelled, lockdowns etc..... for people not sticking to the rules.

Ok, thought I was reading it wrong or something.. coolio was genuinely confused.

I would assume the pic was taken in the Illinois factory so last quarter of 2020 at the very latest so yeah still in lockdown times

@Stags6969 @Sako-TRG - I don’t stock Titan rubbers, we stock Perfect Play silicone - which is the same material as Titan (silicone) - I tried the other material which wasn’t rubber - didn’t offer the same feel (is it polyurethane?), feedback on PP has been excellent including from a dissenter of such products previously who I said try them, if you don’t love them, I’ll refund you.

I currently have Red, Blue, Black and White in stock. All the others will be here end of January.

https://pinballbazaar.co.uk/product-category/perfect-play/

Thabsk for the shoutout @BigIan

Last edited:
Big fan of the low-bounce Titan flipper rubbers. They feel more "authentic" to me. Will give Perfect Plays a go though.

Big fan of the low-bounce Titan flipper rubbers. They feel more "authentic" to me. Will give Perfect Plays a go though.
Is there any place in the UK which sells them? If not, can anyone recommend a supplier? (One that still ships to the UK! 😅)

I wish there was. I think pinballshop.nl is the closest, if I recall correctly. I bought kits from TItan but, as you say, it might be trickier now!

Why not stock titans at the bazaar? ;) ;)
We have committed to PerfectPlay. I'd get some in and do the Pepsi challenge for yourself, you may prefer either and that's cool, its all choice.

Yeah, come on James - Alice needs his glow in the darks!

Sorry, we have commited to PP, I find them superb, but its all personal choice, I would be very, VERY surprised if you could tell the difference between the two. I am sure there will be those who swear blind they can, but its not the difference between Polyurethane and rubber. You never know if GITD may come to PP :p, each colour a pretty serious investment as you can well imagine :)

Sorry, we have commited to PP - you never know if GITD may come to PP :p
Yeah, just joshing. Not tried ’em yet, but a thinner, low-bounce PP option would be good too. Really noticed a positive difference with those.

I would be very, VERY surprised if you could tell the difference between the two. I am sure there will be those who swear blind they can, but its not the difference between Polyurethane and rubber.

some say you can’t even tell the difference in what‘s available online 😇🤬

sorry for the confusion James

Back
Top Bottom