What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

Rumour that JJP have sold 2000 LE’s in 10 days!

And 3-3500 across all models!
Yeah, that’s what I read also, I think they have a real chance of selling all the LEs sometime...maybe even By Q3 next year.
If they then make a Black Arrow type Edition..... peeps will miss out on that fantastic LE art.
That’s why I just pulled the trigger 👍

Hype is a strange thing. Talk of large numbers of GnR being made makes me happy about the chances of picking one up easily on the 2nd hand market so I’m actually far less interested in buying one. If there are similar figures / interest to DI then that’s a game that relatively easy to pick up at a more reasonable price.

There is also no way that if the LE does sell out that JJP wouldn’t Run a different LE. Some anniversary ******** edition etc.

Ironically games like the last black knight/pirates etc will probably be far harder to source.

Anyway good luck to JJP the more pins out there the better it is for all of us.

My impression is ghostbusters isn’t a hard title to find. I’ve resisted a few.

Metallica used to come up pretty consistently. I picked up my pro pretty cheaply. Then people started to keep them.

Ac/dc is a similar story.

I think it’s about jumping on the first wave of resales. Something new comes out and X percent of people have to have it. Sterns JPs are now kicking in. Is it 3 in the last month on this forum?

Space is a huge issue for a lot of us. I’ve got 2 machines tombstoned and 3 hidden around the country at other people’s places. If I think about it it’s insane if I’m going to buy another game then I have to sell something.

I’m far from unusual being in this position. A lot of us are hoarders.

JP is a grand and a bit cheaper than NIB. For me that’s worth it. We all know some folks will buy NIB games and shift them on with less than 100 plays.

Saving a grand and not having to get rid of the cardboard is enough for me to hold off (and chances are you get a free ratchet strap 😉).

I think when it comes to music pins you have to remember they get bought by non pinheads and in this instance GnR and old school Rocker types. These then get buried away in there man caves never to see the light of day again or possibly changing hands to one in the rocker community.
Hell I bet half of Phil’s CEs have gone that way and maybe even a few LEs too so expecting lots to come up for sale might not be the norm.

Then again I might be talking total bollox as usual as I’m currently sitting with the Tin Hat Neil sent me plonked firmly on my Barnet.

BTW.........
Theres some nice stuff to watch on the Pinball Expo. Gary Flower introduces Jersey Jack into the Pinball Hall of Fame.
Also, Micro Playfields show some destruction testing on the JJP Play-fields which looks positive. Apparently been that way for last year now.

JP is a grand and a bit cheaper than NIB. For me that’s worth it. We all know some folks will buy NIB games and shift them on with less than 100 plays.

Saving a grand and not having to get rid of the cardboard is enough for me to hold off (and chances are you get a free ratchet strap 😉).

True, but for me £900 (excluding the Martin fee) is worth a 2 year warranty all day long!

it’s a toss of a coin when buying a used but still current pin and this is what could happen as it did to me.

The dark side of almost New.
I bought a 1yr old GOTG which I carefully collected in person and paid 5300. So a day out of my time inc fuel and lunch for my helper was around 100 So kinda Martin collection price (I always give Martin 100 anyway he super guy)
I set it up late that night and had about 5 games max before bed, next day I switched it on and OMG my goodness (not the actual words I used) it had a dead node board.
I was lucky that Phil helped me get a replacement board direct from electrocoin but it cost me £225 plus postage and I had to return mine so all in around £250.

Granted it is unusual for a node board to go and I was unlucky but all in my GOTG 2nd user with 500ish games cost me £5650 and a lot of stress when Phil had one in stock at the time BNIB for 6k delivered! This BTW I never knew at the time I bought it.

The Bonus of used if you weigh up pros and cons.
I started looking for a BKSORLE (don’t judge me) which kinda hit the spot with me when it was unveiled but I wasn’t gonna spend the 9.5k on a whim so held out until one came up which it eventually did. This BK had over 2000 plays and some nasty scratches on the head and cabinet but at 7.5k was a great saving so I rang my goto guy (name withheld but he welcome to chip in) to ask advice and was told to hold out and he find me a nice one Which he eventually did.
So I now own a BKSORLE with unobtanium topper which had less than 70 plays YES 70 you heard right and regardless of the flak it get I love it and mates, family and non pinheads do too. For me it’s great in a lineup and looks the part I got rid of a BM66LE for this and have absolutely no regrets so win win.

The way I work now is find the pin you looking for let’s say for instance JP as there’s been a few trading lately. I would personally ask the following :
Is it HUO? and if so how many owners since new?
How many plays? and if it has 2000 I would probably wait till the next one as it’s more than likely a HUO cafe environment 😝
How much is it? The important bit! If it’s a pro and over 5k I’d be ringing Phil and trying to catch him getting out of the right side of the bed as you never know it might be less of a jump than you 1st think!

So there’s real Bargains to be had but I think less so on the Stern Pro side of things, my SW pro was under 5k delivered via Martin and true HUO. I added some mods and a topper got my money back and more due to the mods so for me the magic figure is around 5k nd under or I’ll consider NIB

Quite long winded I know but something well worth considering as there is something quite special about a NIB pin and sometime worth pushing you budget a little if you want the peace of mind 2yr warranty. My other rule is don’t spend more than 10k for a pin ever then GnR CE came out so we won’t go there

Something else to bear in mind with NIB the last few years is 'what is the playfield going to like?' It can be a bit of a lottery with fading/pooling/chipping whereas a used one you hopefully have enough pictures to judge it on if you can't see it in person and trust the seller is being honest about its condition.

You only really know when you move the Pin on whether it was a good idea going NIB or used.

Last edited:
I've been both sides of this as well. Drove to the edge of the earth (up North) for a 5k huo Ghostbusters. Van rental, diesel, beers for my brother for helping. Node board went pop very soon after I got it home. All added up. Can't remember the bill for the board but it was roughly 250 quid. Plus my brother drinks A LOT of beer

Bought a huo immaculate sw and after 2 days it needs 2 node boards. Now its new in box or wait 5/6 years for games to drop significantly

I prefer NIB with some sort of warranty.
Unless unobtainable sought after title(for me) - like I did with Tron LE.

Last edited:
^^^^Also to add, I’m a hoarder so like to try and get a title I know I want to keep (although I know there is no such thing....lol)
So want to get a really nice mint one, mod it and keep it that way 👍

Yeah soft plunging is a bit lame but no Biggie of course. The only thing that bothers me to any meaningful degree is the live concert footage. Might just be me

^^^^^ Yeah, if you look closely, it looks like a 1st gen sky satellite feed.
Badly out of sync with the music.
I guess it must be extremely difficult though to synch the original music with the concert footage.

Back
Top Bottom