What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

I've put cliffys in so I may as well go the whole hog and put some of these on too. Will probably take me about 7 hours. Unsure what colour to go for though......

Takes about 10mins to fit.
The fact the pics look very blue are more down to the way the phone sees the pin and the yellow contrasts much nicer it the flesh. You could also go Neptune Blue which is more subtle but still has that edge lit effect due to the Flourecent nature of the plastics.
All my plastics are oversized by 1mm so even in clear they take the brunt of any ball strikes.
If you not happy with them Phil no need to pay for em and if any break I do free replacements for cost of a stamp for as long as you own the pin.

How did everyone’s 1.24 update go?
I downloaded the full install, but when put USB in the game- I got a different screen than usual - something about a data block screen with 2 red bars downloading..

Freaked Me out so cancelled download

Tried a delta upgrade- game copied files from USB, verified and then told me
To reboot the game. Now all I get is this
Scrolling down non stop..EB706A41-8032-486D-8D19-C0505B66A043.jpeg

Last edited:
I had very similar with my Hobbit quite while ago and just let it be to recycle and repeat for a while and everything sorted it’s self out.
Took around 40mins or so.

How did everyone’s 1.24 update go?
I downloaded the full install, but when put USB in the game- I got a different screen than usual - something about a data block screen with 2 red bars downloading..

Freaked Me out so cancelled download
Mine's connected to WIFI so it always does it in a few minutes - sorry, not much help.

Yeah all good via WiFi, not played yet but that intro sequence is superb!

This just appeared on my fb feed:

View attachment 120890

Looking forward to next Monday but finding it hard to get too excited about another GnR pin...
They need to take a rest from franchises and do something more generic. Generic subjects are, after all, what got the industry going and sustained it for decades,
Chasing an ever-diminishing number of high profile brands (the coat-tail riding approach if you will) has got very old. The truth is that due to media fragmentation there are fewer and fewer brands which command widespread global recognition. Nobody will ever again be as famous as Queen, Beatles, Led Zep etc were in their days. Thus all this looking back on old brands all the time. In any case, obsessive brand theming betrays an amazing lack of confidence among manufacturers about the value of the basic product.

the people who buy pinball machines are the people who like GNR Led zeppelin etc

The whole "original theme" debate has been going on for a while... Ultimately, theme just sells. Gary Stern talked about it in some interview (maybe someone can link it).

Stern did try an original theme with BK3 and although it was a great game (imho anyway), sales were shockingly poor. They're not going to do it again...

Theme does sell no doubt about it regardles if its music or movie related. look at octoberfest a pretty loaded game with some really cool ramps and toys and built really well by APB.

Gone are the glory days of Bally/Williams that could churn out some quite obscure stuff and get away with it. Even a throughbred tried and tested generic theme thats been done twice before failed in comaparison to themed stuff alongside it. The theme in question was Black Knight SOR which I loved but let go for something themed more close to my heart TMNT!

we will see what APB does next and how it fairs as a gauge.

Just updated GNR to latest code and loved the start up sequence when I started my first game. Question is the second game I played just started as normal.

So my question is does it only do it that once as had to go out so not got any more time to play.

Just updated GNR to latest code and loved the start up sequence when I started my first game. Question is the second game I played just started as normal.

So my question is does it only do it that once as had to go out so not got any more time to play.
Thinks so matey, seems to do it on initial startup game only.

Does it on first game after it’s turned on.
Then after it has cycled through attract mode for a bit

Reason is so it doesn’t get old

Back
Top Bottom