What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

there is a thread on pinside now about JJP standing by their products that has almost as many upvotes as Andrew Heighway got downvotes. Worth a read. I think JJP is doing long term damage to its brand on this situation.

Vidoe from Nick Lane on Playfield Ironing (nick was at our first Funball a few years ago - great guy).

if you think about it, one of the reasons clear coat doesn't come off your car is that they bake it - here is that baking in a focused way. I've done this on my old GNR and on my DI and this solved it.

They do UV light cured clear coat now that is hard in a few mins, even the older clear coat can be made harder if it’s out in the sun apparently.
Maybe give those soft playfields some rays😎

I would check with @philpalmer before anyone irons a playfield.
IT is a difficult situation ,I could have left it but it was already damaged as shown in the photo and would only have got worse.I dont want to run to Phil every time i get a known problem ,that said some clarification on the addition of washers and the other fixes would be nice so if the addition of hard washers under posts extends damage ,have you invalidated your warranty?.Should you just leave it alone to mash up, i dont know ? :hmm:

IT is a difficult situation ,I could have left it but it was already damaged as shown in the photo and would only have got worse.I dont want to run to Phil every time i get a known problem ,that said some clarification on the addition of washers and the other fixes would be nice so if the addition of hard washers under posts extends damage ,have you invalidated your warranty?.Should you just leave it alone to mash up, i dont know ? :hmm:
What warranty? there is no playfield warranty. JJP aren't interested.

Sticking an iron on the playfield.
I'm not sure I would go down this route TBH.
I've seen pictures on Pinside of failed attempts at this, looks like a dropped candy apple where they have had the heat up too high.
It then makes the clear brittle.

Quick question - where is your subwoofer made?
One I removed is an 8ohm made in China. Apparently they have some **** poor ones like this vs better versions...
Not that it matters to me...
C43D76C8-2088-4DBF-9D33-C9E1732D9D5B.jpeg

Does anyone else’s game when playing and not in a song mode constantly make the sound of a symbol crashing every time the flipper button is pressed. Noticed even when the ball isn’t in play it adds points but the noise is getting annoying I thought it was something to do with the modes on the middle button but it still does it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the switches - the vibration is likely setting one off. There are a couple of leaf switches around the pop area etc

If I knew what I was looking for I would lol.

Just didn’t know if it was meant to do that as I didn’t think it did it before.

Will try and look in diagnostics I’m only used to Sterns so it’s all new to me JJP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, I need to sort out these posts so I can play the bloody thing !

Having scoured this thread I think I'm clear which post I'm going to replace and that I want to put PETG washers under them for better or worse.

Where's the best place to get these from ? @Dave Bishop you seem to know what you're doing - where did you get them from ?

Thanks

I’m also after some of these but I don’t think Phil has any so anyone in here can spare me 3 as I have my posts ready.

Thx Col

Just to add a little bit of hope on this thread. First off I love it. Dream theme for me as one of my favourite bands. It went off to Chris b before a ball was played for whatever fixes him/Phil deemed necessary, to install the cliffys and pinwoofer and to do any adjustments/tweaks.

Pin was delivered on Wednesday and ticked over 50 games total last night. Playfield is still perfect - no chips, pooling etc and nothing has dropped off. I know the naysayers will say yeah but it’s only 50 games. All I can say is currently it’s great and I’ll continue to enjoy a cracking pin and I’ll take another look after 100 games but tbh I’m not going to over worry about it. I’d expect there to be signs of wear over time as I play it more and more and if it’s come to it a year down the line and jjp are selling playfields then I’ll buy one just in case.

Also worth mentioning what a cracking piece of kit the pinwoofer is. It makes a music pin sound exactly how you would want and expect. Top job @PinWoofer

Just to add a little bit of hope on this thread. First off I love it. Dream theme for me as one of my favourite bands. It went off to Chris b before a ball was played for whatever fixes him/Phil deemed necessary, to install the cliffys and pinwoofer and to do any adjustments/tweaks.

Pin was delivered on Wednesday and ticked over 50 games total last night. Playfield is still perfect - no chips, pooling etc and nothing has dropped off. I know the naysayers will say yeah but it’s only 50 games. All I can say is currently it’s great and I’ll continue to enjoy a cracking pin and I’ll take another look after 100 games but tbh I’m not going to over worry about it. I’d expect there to be signs of wear over time as I play it more and more and if it’s come to it a year down the line and jjp are selling playfields then I’ll buy one just in case.

Also worth mentioning what a cracking piece of kit the pinwoofer is. It makes a music pin sound exactly how you would want and expect. Top job @PinWoofer

the naysayers? LOL so thousands of people have imagined this problem? :)
do agree on pinwoofer it’s fantastic.

Neil.

Quick question - where is your subwoofer made?
One I removed is an 8ohm made in China. Apparently they have some **** poor ones like this vs better versions...
Not that it matters to me...
View attachment 143549
Virtually all speakers are made in china !

If I owned a GnR I would be changing the amplifier out to one you can change the cross over point and the equalisation.

the naysayers? LOL so thousands of people have imagined this problem? :)
do agree on pinwoofer it’s fantastic.

Neil.
No one is imagining it but some people are happy to play it and enjoy it rather than just to stir **** about it all day neil
I don’t see any new owners selling out on it yet and I imagine if there was there would be plenty of people wanting to buy it

Back
Top Bottom