What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Heighway Owner

I'll admit, I think it would be fun to play;)

But who the hell could use any of the regular pinball excuses to get that into a home???:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not......going.....to.....happen......ever!

1.jpg

That was Russell's 'proof of concept' version, meaning 'proof the concept sucked'. It actually flows quite nicely though.

It was leaning a lot more heavily towards the 'aspirational lifestyle' idea, like Williams Millionaire. No reason such a game couldn't work... just not THAT one.

Honestly, the more that comes out the more I believe that Andy is or was firmly stuck in his formative years as far as creative inspiration is concerned. Motorbikes, Alien, Queen and Playboy - can you get more 80s?

The sad part is that this whole endeavour could have been a success if he had only listened to those around him. He’s the classic ‘visionary’ manager who believes that if he can imagine something, it’s both possible and viable - we’ve all likely worked for someone similar.

Visionary managers aren’t necessarily a bad thing, but they have to be both receptive to constructive criticism, and have an ego that’s firmly in check. Unfortunately it sounds like Andrew believed that if he could dream it, someone else could make it - and was unwilling to compromise his vision for the sake of reality. A visionary manager with an out of check ego and little practical experience in his or her industry is a recipe for complete disaster, as we’ve seen here

Yes, there’s more to the story, and Andrew made a catalogue of other poor decisions to compound the situation - but it does seem that his total inability to listen to anything but his own ideas and ego led him down a path that was unsalvageable.

It’s a shame. A UK based pinball company could have been a great thing - but in broad terms, a salesman is not CEO material.

Reactions: PAX
The sad thing is this was likely the one shot the UK had at having its own pinball manufacturer selling games around the world.

Oh well. What could have been. Shame on every level.

In all likelihood, yes - but if someone loved pinball and had very deep pockets, I think they could make it work. Fully develop a machine internally, announce it when it’s ready to ship and no pre-orders. That would grab people’s attention.

If I ever win the Euromillions I’d give it a shot.

The 'future pinball' version of Playboy as already said was a proof of concept but it seems a few people in the virtual pinball work have a copy from SlamT1lt who is one of the guys at HP.

Get the feeling that Alien and Full Throttle may both end up going onto virtual machines.

Dave S has a big history in the visual pinball world, and his original tables are rather good!

Anyhow - that is another discussion.

I do think we can all assume this company will not start manufacturing (again).

Honestly, the more that comes out the more I believe that Andy is or was firmly stuck in his formative years as far as creative inspiration is concerned. Motorbikes, Alien, Queen and Playboy - can you get more 80s?

The way I always saw it was, I was stuck in a midlife crisis for five years. It just wasn't *mine*. :/

I recently read the interview from Heighway with interest, its up to the reader to make up his or her mind as to who is responsible.
I understand a TWD LE went "missing" whilst still on finance or lease and wondered where it went. I remember one was on Gumtree last NOV 12th and was posted on
Here, its now been removed and I was thinking maybe that's the one. I guess there are only a handful here in the UK and you guys probably know where they all are.
( I want one). Anyway just a thought.

Nope, first 5 or 6 did, then was figured out. the thread was pulled some time today

Back
Top Bottom