What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Decals - Warning

DRD

Registered
Putting on decals is a big job. Sadly, if you are not very careful they then wrinkle where the legs press against them.

I though that the stern hidden leg protectors might be the answer. But even this is insufficient.

Based on my experience, your best bet is the hidden leg protectors, COMBINED with trimming the decal about 3mm away from the leg protector using a fresh scalpel blade. This cut is hidden by the legs and prevents the hidden leg protector catalysing wrinkles ...

IMG_20160721_175351.jpg If you do not do this, the bl@@dy thing does this

IMG_20160721_175734.jpg

Thé leg protectors went on without any issues. The leg protectors are only held in place by little screws.

It is actually tightening the legs and then playing the thing, nudging it etc over the past few months that will have caused the wrinkling. I was blissfully unaware of it until I took the legs off to get the game in my car a couple of weeks ago.

"your best bet is the hidden leg protectors, COMBINED with trimming the decal about 3mm away from the leg protector using a fresh scalpel blade"

I'm pretty sure that is the way you're meant to do it yep. That's how Stern do it for example

Back
Top Bottom