What's new

New cabinet decals

Good luck finding those with bigger heads and same shank in US sizes....

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Corner was coming apart , so I forced glue into recess and screwed together making sure screw was countersunk ,
Starting with the big strip !, not as bad as I thought , but keep you informed of how long each side takes ! ;)

Approx 20 minutes to do first run on one side , I have found a better way , through trail and error , basically have the heat gun pointing straight at the bottom of the scraper , it requires a bit more pressure put on the scraper but it takes a lot more of the glue off in the first run . You can see this in the top right hand corner . I will try and do a small video on the second side to show you what I mean . Thanks lee image.jpg

Quite bad damage around that bolt hole but no worse than I've had. I would find something like a bolt with an unthreaded shank or a piece of dowel that fits in the hole without falling through. Wipe it with a thin layer of grease to stop it sticking to the filler and put it in the hole so it sticks out and the work the filler into the 'wound'. As soon as it starts to go off, gently slide the dowel out and leave it to set. As the guys have said once it's finished don't go mad tightening the bolt and it'll be fine.

Quite bad damage around that bolt hole but no worse than I've had. I would find something like a bolt with an unthreaded shank or a piece of dowel that fits in the hole without falling through. Wipe it with a thin layer of grease to stop it sticking to the filler and put it in the hole so it sticks out and the work the filler into the 'wound'. As soon as it starts to go off, gently slide the dowel out and leave it to set. As the guys have said once it's finished don't go mad tightening the bolt and it'll be fine.
Thanks Steve , I'll try that ,

I got those clamps off eBay and they were really cheap.

Wish I lived closer to you guys, I'm 'in between' projects and bored out of my head!

Free accommodation and food plus a few beers for any help , plus after this one I think I,ll be moving straight on to the FT , it,s quite enjoyable stripping and doing one of these pins up

Haha! It looks like you're doing a great job on your own! And it definitely sounds like you've been bitten by the restoring bug!

Back
Top Bottom