What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New balls

thewool

Registered
5Years
Hello all. Was just wondering which balls people recommended as replacements. Have heard the carbon core balls from Pinball life in the US as supposed to be good but was hoping to find a similar quality in the UK. The shinier the better!

Cheers.

P.s. I imagine this topic has come up before but could not find one

Pinball mania does balls. Shiny balls. dont bother buying from abroad for something you will replace every 1000 games or so.

Also depends on the machine, what are they going in? If it's something like Judge Dredd/Johnny Mnemonic that has a magnet you should get Carbon Steel balls (Mr Legend @pinballmania sells these and always where I buy mine from, pack of 10 is £12 I think?).

TBH I get the Carbon Steel ones from @pinballmania for everything nowadays. Price diff is negligible and saves having to remember which is which in the spares drawer...

Replacement balls will scuff equally as quickly.

Carbon steel balls as required, are softer than chrome steel, which look and last better. But chrome steel cannot be used.

I just bought some carbon steel balls for my JM and found that they hung up in my trough almost immediately after installing (magnetised already?). After some messing about I swapped the balls for some that I had in my Tron to solve it as the Tron balls didn't hang up in the trough of JM at all.

And TOM is a 20 year old machine so surely shouldn't be in the 'new' category.

And TOM is a 20 year old machine so surely shouldn't be in the 'new' category.

From Poi's perspective it probably is ;). Fair point though, dunno why I came out with that one.

That's not a magna save.

Showing up my ignorance there I suspect. I assumed magnets used to save an outlane drain came under the definition.

From Poi's perspective it probably is ;). Fair point though, dunno why I came out with that one.

Showing up my ignorance there I suspect. I assumed magnets used to save an outlane drain came under the definition.
A Magna save is where you are in charge of saving the ball by pressing a second button next to the flipper button.

Aha right. They weren't used on many machines at any time though were they?

I can only think of one DMD-era machine with one of those - WCS. BK2K has one as well IIRC? Can't think of any others.

Aha right. They weren't used on many machines at any time though were they?

I can only think of one DMD-era machine with one of those - WCS. BK2K has one as well IIRC? Can't think of any others.

Grand Lizard, Black Knight (the original) I think was the first to have it? Pharaoh, Jungle Lord, Solar Fire. Can't think of anymore myself that are sys11 era.

TOM is not new,and IMO is ****e :p

Would love magna saves to come back.
Loved the inline drops coming back on MOP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom