What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New AC/DC run?

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Folks on Pinside seem to have convinced themselves that AC/DC is about to go back into production.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. One of Sterns best games and there's still a huge fan base out there. Just look at how quickly their latest UK shows sold out.

Looks like it's boom times for Stern at the moment. Who would have thought 10 years ago that there would be such demand for NIB games at £7k?

Interesting thread comment

I can assure you this is not happening. The AC/DC ship has long ago sailed. But STERN did just sign a new licensing agreement with another popular band of the last 40 years. (not Aerosmith).

Surely must be Queen ! Please can it be Queen lol

The pinside quote said something about the other band being used at Sports Events. Even with my extremely limited knowledge of US sports two tracks spring to mind. "We will rock you" and "Get ready for this". Can't really see a 2Unlimited pin, so maybe Queen is in the pipeline.

Although not my taste at all Queen are still a really strong brand. Freddie died over 20 years ago but the music still gets played.

Stern know they are on a pretty safe bet with music pins. Have any of them flopped totally? Did the Rolling Stones make money for them?

Iron Maiden or Led Zepplin as these 2 been rumoured for ages.

led zepplin would be nice, maybe Bowie now he has sadley gone

maybe Bowie now he has sadley gone
Was literally just thinking the same - the modes would be brilliant, 'thin white duke' mode.

ZZ Top would be good too with a Rio Grande Mud bath whirlpool.

Maybe with the film
it may be NWA
Straight outta Pinball

Eazy Motherf***** E Mode

Steve Ritchie is a great bowie fan , seems he was a regular at his gigs with his wife from the 70s on. bowie as a name would be too bland for such an icon. maybe the rise and fall of ziggy stardust and the spiders from Mars would not only be the longest pin name ever but games with Mars in the title have good history

It's obviously Gary Glitter. "Rock n Roll Part 2" gets played at lots of sports events.
The pinside quote said something about the other band being used at Sports Events. Even with my extremely limited knowledge of US sports two tracks spring to mind. "We will rock you" and "Get ready for this". Can't really see a 2Unlimited pin, so maybe Queen is in the pipeline.

Although not my taste at all Queen are still a really strong brand. Freddie died over 20 years ago but the music still gets played.

Stern know they are on a pretty safe bet with music pins. Have any of them flopped totally? Did the Rolling Stones make money for them?

Back
Top Bottom