What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NERG 2023 - 8th & 9th July

I'm going to go down today. I really want to have a go at Medieval Madness!

You can also beat the high score of 650m on wwf and claim the competition prize of tickets to the wrestling next week.

Check out my dwarfen legs on my BMF something a few mentioned and which I will address once I get it back home.
It’s sandwiched between my FT & Galaxy.

I should be back today around 4 to get them discombobulated and back in @Chaggers Van

IMG_1321.jpeg

You can also beat the high score of 650m on wwf and claim the competition prize of tickets to the wrestling next week.
I got 1.1B at home just the other week!

I've had a go of MM, brilliant game. BSD, Metallica, Shadow, and a few others on my list next.

Had a mint time- indoctrinated two mates who now get my addiction-Metallica, Walking Dead, Police Force, AFM, GOTG standout games for me……. And the Shadow- love the Sanctum thing- reminded me of Arkanoid. Thanks to all who have made this happen 👍🏼

Awesome weekend, superbly put together and ran brilliantly by all involved, including @Big Phil all the doners, all the engineers keeping everything running, saw very few breakdowns. All the volunteers were excellent, and everyone friendly.

Was great to meet up with some friends, and finally have a face to face chat with @Colywobbles what a top man!

Massive thanks, and see you all at Pinfest.

On a game note I didn’t really get Godzilla or ghostbusters but did enjoy the attack from mars. Great to see such a wicked collection
Played GZ down Funland so didn’t have a go today- was with me pals who are noobs. They wanted to play GB and TWD as love the show, theme defo has an influence on new players. I really liked Police Force- immaculate condition- might start looking at some older pins to go with WPT. (Was very close to selling / trading but think it’s bolted) AFM- amazing condition- volume up- what a class game!

We had a great weekend at NERG yet again. Thanks to everyone who put on this event, staff, techs and to all those who donate and allow us to play all your wonderful machines.

We played a good few Pins we hadn't played before. I have taken a liking to WOZ, spectacular amount of detail and toys in this.

I especially really really liked Centaur, can now see why this machine has a strong following. It's simple fast and addictive gameplay and looks stunning also, really liked the audio also actually. Thanks to @David_Vi to allow us to play on this and explain the rules to us, great game that played awesome.

After playing Centaur this is now going to make me follow the Haggis remake very very closely.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-09 at 20.20.12.jpeg

My son was over the moon also that he got to play Ghostbusters again, and the little monkey did manage to get a great score on it today actually smashing his personal best.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-09 at 20.42.11.jpeg

Great weekend, great company, great games :)

Check out my dwarfen legs on my BMF something a few mentioned and which I will address once I get it back home.

I should be back today around 4 to get them discombobulated and back in @Chaggers Van

View attachment 224500

I spy Gorf ! Someone sell me one please 🙌😁

And mine, we had a GB on hire for two months last year. My best was like 1.5 Billion, my sons then was over 2 Billion. But today the monkey smashed it confirming how crap I am 😂 But he is well chuffed, and hasn't shut up about it. Plus we need a GB machine he says lol
So this is an OK score then? I'm not massively familiar with it, but it definitely felt like it was going well up at NERG

1688940090519.png

I didn’t spend a lot of time at NERG due to famalam duties but managed to coax a few back to mine for some great 4 player games on Sat afternoon.
Great company and how pinball should be a social game 1st and foremost so thanks for that guys 👍

However I did manage to play a few games at NERG in the limited time I had there, asking Andy Foster for a game in the hope one day I’ll fluke a game and actually beat him.
but his 300mil or whatever on BSD was slightly over my pitiful 10-15 so no change there as Per usual 😝

Game of the show for me was Farfella what a gorgeous pin and I now want one 😳 little chance but hook me up if any out there.
Some other games new to me that I enjoyed were Earthshaker, Gorgar and just watching Orbiter had me mesmerised and gave me a WTF moment.
Also a few other games I hadn’t played made my mind up not ever wanting them but I’ll not mention these as Pinball is a personal thing and WTF do I know. One man’s meat Blah Blah Blah!

Nice to see a few friendly faces and some new ones I’d only spoke to via mobile.

Big thanks to @pablouk and @Chaggers for collecting my pins and doing the heavy lifting. Unfortunately we found out Johns van could only fit 2 pins so it was an inconvenience of a double journey. Sorry John.

Finally a big shout out to Phil and the Crew without these generous souls all this would never happen!
I dob my hat to you all kind Ladies and Gentlemen that are an absolutely pivotal and a great asset to our wonderful community.
We are genuinely so lucky to have you one and all 🙏

Till pinfest au revoir ❤️ 🤗

View attachment 224500
Fish Tales was great fun, only the second time I've played one.

Managed the video mode OK (getting the extra ball in it), took me a few "practice" games to start to line up some of the shots, and when I did start multiball it was a flail-fest - that reel locking mechanism is still a great design, shows the talent that was working at Williams back then.

Huge HUGE thank you to all of you donators. Without machines, there is no show. And the volunteers/staff. It all works because you just do your thing.

You're more than just donators, volunteers and staff. You're friends. All of you with hearts of gold. Selfless and giving. Fantastic community we have.

It should be a day of rest for me but I have to take Billy and Walter sightseeing around the north east.

Thanks once again for a great well organised weekend, we managed to get packed up and away quickly thanks to the help of the team and made it home about 11, although @Biff still had about an hour on top of that to get the van back. Like a couple have said I enjoyed Centaur, which was playing really nicely and spent lots of time on the arcade machines.... Roll on Pinfest!

Circus had an odd issue, the gear box locked up, causing a few coils to lock on. thanks to the vigilance of the crew, they spotted it before the coils destroyed them selves. I will take the bottom panel out, give it all a good hoover and strip the gear box as much as i can and clean. All teeth are intact that i could see, so not sure what caused it. By the time i figured it out i had freed it off so did not see what caused it stick. Aerobatics had an odd issue where the ball, if it drained back down te upper right spinner lane, sometimes got stick behind the spinner - had insufficient force to push the spinner out the way. I did have that apart to replace the rubbers before the Midlands league meet this year. Had no issues dring the meet reported to me. Wil check to make sure the spinner has gone back togethor okay. At first, i thought it was a rubber issue, not so sure now. Another one i will look at before Pinfist.
Everything else worked fine, as far as i know - do let me know if not:-

Pacman
Aerobatics
Farfalla
Spiderman
Nautilus
Wizard
Circus

Cheers all.

JB

Best NERG ever . The quality of machines were ace - thank you all donators - hardly any issues - with the exception of the weirdest places to have stuck balls . Special thanks to Chris M , Simon , poibug and pudsey for keeping them all going - and of course thanks to Phil for making us all feel appreciated ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_0750.jpeg
    IMG_0750.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0753.jpeg
    IMG_0753.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0754.jpeg
    IMG_0754.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 20
My first NERG and it was wonderful!
Last minute I decided to see if I could fit 2 pins in Claire's little VW caddy and nearly gave up till I found the solution of where to store Centaurs head.

20230706_203954.jpg
20230706_204030.jpg

Had a few complimentary comments in person and on this thread about Centaur and how nice it plays, I really appreciate that. Especially as it was a right mess and unworking for 30 years when we got it. The cab may be tatty but I'm glad what matters, the way it plays is noticed as I put a lot of time into dialing in a game and making it look nice without going overboard 😄.
Afm was also enjoyed but that's pretty standard 😄

Was great to meet people properly and put faces to names after seeing people in passing at the past 3 pinfests. Makes me even more excited for the next event!

Cheers to Phil and crew for organising a great event! Love the pinball people!

20230707_165034.jpg20230709_135232.jpg20230708_094254.jpg20230709_105719.jpg20230708_152511.jpg20230708_152540.jpg20230708_180211.jpg20230708_102728.jpg20230708_100703.jpg20230708_204528.jpg

My first NERG and it was wonderful!
Last minute I decided to see if I could fit 2 pins in Claire's little VW caddy and nearly gave up till I found the solution of where to store Centaurs head.

View attachment 224703
View attachment 224704

Had a few complimentary comments in person and on this thread about Centaur and how nice it plays, I really appreciate that. Especially as it was a right mess and unworking for 30 years when we got it. The cab may be tatty but I'm glad what matters, the way it plays is noticed as I put a lot of time into dialing in a game and making it look nice without going overboard 😄.
Afm was also enjoyed but that's pretty standard 😄

Was great to meet people properly and put faces to names after seeing people in passing at the past 3 pinfests. Makes me even more excited for the next event!

Cheers to Phil and crew for organising a great event! Love the pinball people!

View attachment 224695View attachment 224696View attachment 224697View attachment 224698View attachment 224699View attachment 224700View attachment 224701View attachment 224702View attachment 224705View attachment 224706
Loved the audio on Centaur too :) Is it standard?

Sounded really clear and you could feel the base on the cab when you played, wondered if it had an amp - but you sat not. I guess good original acoustic design then. :thumbs:

Late to message but it was a fantastic NERG. More pinball than ever before meant minimal wait times to play despite it appearing very busy, the new pin layout with a gap in between I think worked really well. Breakdowns and malfunctions seemed minimal and great to see someone's generous loan of 5 modern Stern's! Saturday lunchtime at the Schooner was lovely as always with their huge portions! Four Quaters had nice cocktails and pizza always goes down well here (although having to pay with card as they wouldn't take cash wound me up!!) Watched a bit of the pac-man record attempt, Vid's not really my thing but it was an honour to be there in person for prob a once in a lifetime thing. A huge thanks to Phil and his team for looking after his supporters by putting this on for us.
Sunday I woke to a phone call from the carers who suspected that my Nan had suffered a mini stroke during the night, although she appeared to have come through she was taken to hospital to be checked. This was at the back of my mind most of the day however as I was coming back through Preston the hospital rang me with good news- it turned out to be a false alarm as no evidence of anything was found so she was ready to pick up.
So with all the above on top of the usual time it takes to load it got to 11.30pm and I still had 8 pin's packed on the Luton which had to go back early mon morn, before I went to do the days work. I must admit I was feeling like 'I aint gonna do this again!' as I wheeled the last one in in the early hours of mon morn... but then come the next day I remembered how great it was to see so many people enjoying playing my games (some who had not played a real pin before) the compliments I recieved at the show and reading the kind comments on here RE Police force, Shadow (which is actually awaiting a restore), WoZ, the newly done and brutal quick Ironman and most importantly the meeting up with new and old like minded friends made it all seem worthwhile again.
massive thank you to all the helpers, fellow loaners and the ones scurrying around to keep everything working and see you all at Pinfest!!!

so appreciative of you and everyone else’s support.

This year has been the best according to most.

I’m always of the same mindset the few days leading up to it and the evening of the final day. Then the following day I’m thinking about next year…..

Back
Top Bottom