What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to replace some spiderman bulbs but don't know which to purchase!

SpiderPin

Site Supporter
Hi all,

Noticed the following bulbs on Spiderman weren't working and I'm assuming they've just blown - Dune of Doom, Venom illumination, Goblin Illumination and Dock oc illumination, but I'm new to pinball maintenance so can't work out what bulbs to buy!
Further to this, I assume that for the illumination bulbs it's as simple as unscrewing and rescrewing, and for the Dune of Doom its just unscrewing and rescrewing but with access to the back of the PF?

Any help appreciated!

You need to ask yourself if you want to go down the LED route and totally change out all the incandescent bulbs for LED's.
Spiderman really suits LED's .
Bulbs you need will be mostly two kinds of 6.3v there's a bayonet type #44 and a wedge type #555. You also have the 12v Flashers which also come in a bayonet #89 and a wedge #906.

Just note with Spiderman even with Comet Non Ghostings, they can still ghost a little - not sure Spiderman seems to suffer with this when the NG variety usually don't struggle. Anyone know why technically spidey suffers when other games don't?

The villain illumination bulbs tend to work loose - have you tried pushing the bulbs back in as they are press fit and so can easily come out (those ones often end up on the playfield).

Underneath, you need to be careful not to break the plastic bulb holders as you remove the bulbs - unscrewing them instead of trying to twist them to get the bulb out makes this less likely.

Spiderman was my first pin, decent to learn on as it isn't too complicated. Rather than give you the answer on which bulbs to use, I'd suggest you download the manual and find the bulb name/type from there - its good practice and you'll need to do it often to maintain things!

As for LEDs, the ghosting annoyed me, so I added LEDOCD which improves things quite a bit, if you spend the timing tuning settings for your particular LED bulbs.

spidey uses 3 levels of brightness to show progression. it does this by quickly turning on and off so ghosting will be an issue for the cente lamps. There is a mod for this (led ocd?) but id not led a spidey.

If I remember rightly the villain illumination bulbs (the spotlights) are wedges…

They do have a tendancy to work there self loose over time.

I used comet leds for my spidey and they looked fantastic. There was slight ghosting but didn’t bother me too much.

I also used different coloured flashers for the villains and they looked great.

I would stick to clear white for the GI bulbs myself but as with anything comedic is all done to personal choice.

Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for everyone's help: tried to reseat the bulb but no dice - have an LED kit from pinball heaven on order so will be installing that!

Back
Top Bottom