What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help With Bally Delta Queen

daveannette

Registered
I have a loose wire concerning "High score special features adjustment" plug.
Hoping somebody with a like machine would be willing to look at where my loose wire is supposed to be connected.

Please respond, and I will give you full description.
Big Thanks
dave

I've previously reached out to other owners and got some good obscure info through pinballowners primarily, but pinside lists owners too that you can PM.

AlanJs links above contain the answer to your question, see excerpt below. For home use I would prefer the AB "add-a-ball" or NOV "novelty" position. AB isn't a a true add-a-ball where balls to play are incremented on a stepper, but the Bally "shoot again" version where you get to play the current ball again once drained. This is controlled via the Extra Ball Relay which holds whilst shoot again is valid. I think Bally were cheeky promoting this as add-a-ball as a lot of machines were set or could be converted with a kit to behave in this more limited way.

There are 3 adjustments on the hi-score special features adjustment plug:
"C" Position: Hi-score feature scores credits, top center lane rollover and the center hole score a credit or an extra ball when lit.
"AB" Position: Hi-score feature scores an add-a-ball. Top center lane roll-over and the center hole scores an adda-ball, when extra ball or special is lit.
"NOV" Position: This i3 the novelty position. In this position, all hi-score adjustment plugs should be un-plugged and the novelty adjustment plug should be in #2 position. In the novelty position, no credits, extra ball or add-aball is awarded. In this position, the special awards 5000 score, when the special is lit, and the ball goes thru the top center lane or into the center hole. Extra Ball Award: The extra ball relay is energized which allows the player to shoot again without deducting a ball to play. Only one extra ball per ball in play, when an extra ball is earned, this ball must be played off before another extra ball can be awarded.

I've previously reached out to other owners and got some good obscure info through pinballowners primarily, but pinside lists owners too that you can PM.

AlanJs links above contain the answer to your question, see excerpt below. For home use I would prefer the AB "add-a-ball" or NOV "novelty" position. AB isn't a a true add-a-ball where balls to play are incremented on a stepper, but the Bally "shoot again" version where you get to play the current ball again once drained. This is controlled via the Extra Ball Relay which holds whilst shoot again is valid. I think Bally were cheeky promoting this as add-a-ball as a lot of machines were set or could be converted with a kit to behave in this more limited way.

There are 3 adjustments on the hi-score special features adjustment plug:
"C" Position: Hi-score feature scores credits, top center lane rollover and the center hole score a credit or an extra ball when lit.
"AB" Position: Hi-score feature scores an add-a-ball. Top center lane roll-over and the center hole scores an adda-ball, when extra ball or special is lit.
"NOV" Position: This i3 the novelty position. In this position, all hi-score adjustment plugs should be un-plugged and the novelty adjustment plug should be in #2 position. In the novelty position, no credits, extra ball or add-aball is awarded. In this position, the special awards 5000 score, when the special is lit, and the ball goes thru the top center lane or into the center hole. Extra Ball Award: The extra ball relay is energized which allows the player to shoot again without deducting a ball to play. Only one extra ball per ball in play, when an extra ball is earned, this ball must be played off before another extra ball can be awarded.

Thanks to both who replied. Let me explain further. I do have the wiring schematics, and have spent a lot of time looking at it, and matching things. I also have the info about what the movable plug is supposed to do.
I got started looking into this because the hi-score credits/add a ball is not doing anything.
At this point I think I am just smart enough to be dangerous, and am hoping somebody can give me definite answer before I go doing something stupid.
My problem:
The high score adjustment plug is a 5x2 plug, that only has male plugs 4x2, with male plugs all on the machine top end. (top end being furtherest into the machine). The 2 holes closest to the coin slot are blank.
The adjustable plug has 3 wires soldered on it.
gray/yellow on left, top end. Orange on right top end. Yellow/orange right side, 4th pin down from top.
My problem is the end of the gray/yellow wire is not attached to anything. The orange and yellow/orange wire go into a bundle of wires in front of the base plug.
I suspect the loose end of the gray/yellow wire has come loose from the solder from the right side base unit which is marked "93-5 gray-Y"

Thanks to anybody that can help me out.

This is all on the schematic at around 30D - showing the Gray/Yellow wire connecting the 1000 Point RE, one of the Hi-Score feature adjustment plug pins, 7B on the Score Motor and the Novelty position socket. From the schematic it's difficult to advise further without photos.

Better to search out an owner for good clear photos of a working machine from pinballowners, pinside etc.

1543335386756.png

Looking closer at the above snippet - when the adjustment plug is in Novelty position, the White/Orange pin of the plug should be connected to the Gray/Yellow socket (probably from where your wire has fallen off). That may help you work out where to connect it:thumbs:

Successfull test with small clamps on short wire.
As I expected above. Loose end needs to be attached to the right side base unit which is marked "93-5 gray-Y"

Now just need to get it soldered on.

Thanks to all replied.
dave

Back
Top Bottom