What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need fuse urgently ! Anyone ? :D

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Man down, man down !!! Stern Rolling Stones MIA :(

Disaster ..... latest recruit to GrizZs ragtag pinball army just popped his main fuse on power on and my supplies are empty :eek::(

Need a 20mm 5A Slow blow/time delay ......... note these are the 20mm fuses used in Sterns, smaller than the usual ones in WPC etc.

I *may* be able to get to local Maplins tomorrow, but only maybe, and no guarantee they will have them.

The thought of no new toy for the weekend is horrific :(

Any of you troops got a couple spare and could chuck em in post 1st class tomorrow ?? :thumbs: Happy to pay postage/beer

I *may* be able to get to local Maplins tomorrow, but only maybe, and no guarantee they will have them

Maplin stock fuses? Do me a lemon. My first job was in the Brighton Preston Circus branch nearly 20 years ago back when they were awesome. I was out of uni with a degree that included electronics. The other two full-timers were HAM radio loons and the manager was an audiophile with a serious hi-fi system and low-level understanding of that stuff. We had a test bench and workshop out back with tools, solder station and PSUs. We knew our **** and had 99% of it in stock. And we knew where it was, how many we had and often the stock codes!

They're the same as Pinball 2k fuses. I'll have a look in my stock as I'm sure I've got some and will pop a couple in the post for you tomorrow. More importantly do you know what caused the fuse to blow in the first place? Are you sure you don't have any shorts?

Just checked and I have the fuses you need mate. I'll pop 3 in the post for you tomorrow morning, that way you'll have a couple of chances to fix any problems before you run out! :thumbs:

OK - thanks to @J.C.Rox who has sent 8A fuses after he noticed in the small print of the manual that Export games do use 5A fuses, except England and Hong Kong when an 8A is used. This conflicts with the sticker on the power inlet box, and with the quick reference fuse guide in the manual :rolleyes:

Anyway thanks guys, this place rocks :thumbs: Hopefully Mick will be back on his stick in the morning.

OK - thanks to @J.C.Rox who has sent 8A fuses after he noticed in the small print of the manual that Export games do use 5A fuses, except England and Hong Kong when an 8A is used. This conflicts with the sticker on the power inlet box, and with the quick reference fuse guide in the manual :rolleyes:

I don't understand why England would be any different to the rest of Europe? I thought it was a lower rated fuse for export games as America is 110v and export games (in UK and Europe, anyway) all run on 220v.

I'm no expert though so maybe someone who is can comment..... @pinballmania ?

Last edited:
I don't understand why England would be any different to the rest of Europe? I thought it was a lower rated fuse for export games as America is 110v and export games (in UK and Europe, anyway) all run on 220v.

I'm no expert though so maybe someone who is can comment..... @pinballmania ?
Yep. Thought the same. It's a bit confusing.

Here is the bit in the manual mentioning England ( not Wales or Scotland though ;) ) and Hong Kong :hmm:

stones fuse 1.PNG

And then not mentioning England and Hong Kong :hmm:

stones fuses 2.PNG

Anyway - I just received a med pack from @aaronhicksuk :thumbs:and have stuck 5A in, which was always what I thought it should be originally, all good .........Mick is prancing like a t*t once more :clap::clap::clap:

Thats wrong! Everyone knows a Kit Kat wrapper is rated at 5A!!
That's what I thought hence the foil suggestion to the Searg, thought everyone knew that foil/kitkat is 5A slow blow (very slow blow if you wrap it round two or three times)

Back
Top Bottom