What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Napoleon Film - Save Your Money

DRD

Registered
Saw this yesterday with 'er indoors. Its quite rare we book in advance and go to opening night films these days but given the pedigree of the Director - Ridley Scott - we did. We had not read any reviews as who needs to ?, it's a big budget Ridley Scott.

Both of us were amazed he put his name to such a puerile film. It was like watching a kid's movie - animated Puss in Boots but with actual actors. Really big historical events were dramatically oversimplified. It covered far, far, far too much ground and by necessity skimped on plot development and detail.

Then I read this review just now, and it all made sense.

The ACTUAL film will be screening on Apple TV and is 4h 10m long. The cinema version is 2h 38m long, hence it has been cut to fook.

it will be intresting to see what gladiator 2 turns out like,hopefully Ridley hasn't lost his touch

God after seeing this at the cinema a 4 hour 10 minutes version I could think of nothing worse, it's not a bad film just pointless and and a clock watcher, I doubt adding nearly another two hours will do anything. Although saying that kingdom of heaven went from being rubbish to great with the extended cut, so who knows 🤷‍♂️

it will be intresting to see what gladiator 2 turns out like,hopefully Ridley hasn't lost his touch
Ridley lost his touch years ago, just look at his involvement/track record when he has returned to his big hitters from years gone by.

Prometheus was ****, Covenant was ****, Blade Runner 2049 was better but still crap, Ridley is running on fumes and has been for a long time.

Ridley lost his touch years ago, just look at his involvement/track record when he has returned to his big hitters from years gone by.

Prometheus was ****, Covenant was ****, Blade Runner 2049 was better but still crap, Ridley is running on fumes and has been for a long time.
Agree, although he had nothing to do with blade runner 2049 it was the guy who's directed dune, probably why it was better, although I really like the martian

Fun fact. I was at school with this little lad called Jason back in 1978. He was small and a bit crazy. Anyway, he told us that his dad was going to make a film about aliens. We took the **** out of him and didn't beleive him, and in any case, who would want to see a film about little green men. His name was Jason Scott.

Last edited:
My mum and her friend double dated Tony and Ridley for a few months in the 60s when Ridley was directing commercials and my mum was one of his models.

Life could have turned out quite differently if mum had been a bit more keen!

I love all 3 of those films 😅

Back
Top Bottom