What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mylar Pull - Bally SS Games

DRD

Registered
I know that the golden rule of mylar pulling is not to do it .....

But I am considering a mylar pull on my Flash Gordon - as it is lifting along some edges which tells me that the glue is failing.

I pulled the mylar on my vector a while back and it was 100% successful - again the glue was lifting. This was an aftermarket mylar though as there was some minimal wear under it. I had enjoyed a few lagers, got irritated by it, so just went for it.

Has anyone had a bad experience of pulling mylar on these 1980 to 1982 vintage games ?

Freeze or warming techniques ?

Thanks

I know that the golden rule of mylar pulling is not to do it .....

But I am considering a mylar pull on my Flash Gordon - as it is lifting along some edges which tells me that the glue is failing.

I pulled the mylar on my vector a while back and it was 100% successful - again the glue was lifting. This was an aftermarket mylar though as there was some minimal wear under it. I had enjoyed a few lagers, got irritated by it, so just went for it.

Has anyone had a bad experience of pulling mylar on these 1980 to 1982 vintage games ?

Freeze or warming techniques ?

Thanks
I pulled the Mylar from my Vector David with no paint loss. I used the freeze method and took it VERY slowly. Cleaned the glue off with alcohol and flour then put multiple coats of wax on.
Looked fantastic afterwards and played like a dream.

Reactions: DRD
I pulled a full pf mylar on Fireball 2 a few years ago and that looked sweet afterwards (it was the one at NLP in 2015 I think). I went with the heat method and would probably do that again rather than the freeze spray. My general rule of thumb is freeze method on diamond plate/clear coated pf's and heat method on anything older, I feel I have more control over the pull using heat :thumbs:

Not done the freeze method only the heat way using a hair dryer . Burn's your fingers a bit ,but I don't have a heat gun :confused:

Back
Top Bottom