What's new

Wanted Mylar A4 sheet

It is very thin but I've got nothing to compare it to. I put it under the ramp on my Walking Dead and it has held up fine plus got lots of the sheet left for other uses. It does seem pricey, doesn't everything related to pinball, but the seller did accept a lower offer than what it is listed for. I took the view that it was a lot cheaper than fixing potential damage of not applying it. A4 sheets of mylar seem hard to come by for some reason.

Yea I've bought Mylar from Andy before. It was cut from a roll rather than A4 sheet, but the quality seems solid for sure.

Has anybody used the screen protectors that can be purchased for tablets/phones? Not the glass ones but the flexible plastic kind.
They stick without losing residue, are thin and crystal clear, also dirt cheap.
They always send 5 at a time, and assuming you're not an idiot and clean the screen before applying you'll be left with 4 spare.
I'm considering putting some on my Met both around Sparky and to protect the return lanes where the ball drops off the ramp, just wondered if anybody else had used them?

Glass and wood are two completely different surfaces. I'd imagine it would come off within minutes

Never thought of using screen protectors but can't see why they wouldn't work well as they're basically mylar. Pretty much all modern playfields are clear coated anyway so you're not sticking it on wood, you're sticking it on clearcoat.

As no one else has tried I've taken it upon myself to test this.
Have fitted it over the sparky magnet on Met.
Once fitted you can't tell it's there any more than a piece of mylar. Hardest part of fitting it was removing the protective cover from the top as once it was cut to shape the tab to remove it was missing.

Played a dozen or so games on it without any movement or lifting on it, will have to see if it holds up for any length of time. If so a cheap and quick protector for heavy wear areas.

Not to sure but the Stealth protectors are low tack and seem to work well.

Quick update, the one I put on my met, over the sparky magnet has held up fine, with no lifting at all.

I also put 2 pieces on my BBH before taking it to 8bit this weekend. One near the ram kicker and a larger piece in the centre of the playfield.
It's virtually impossible to see either, certainly no one mentioned it over the weekend. Both still perfectly flush after over 200 plays.

Looks like they are a perfect cheap alternative to mylar when used to protect a good playfield, not sure how well they'd stick on a damaged or worn area, as none of my current machines have any worn areas

Back
Top Bottom