What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my son just got scammed on ebay

stevebm1

Registered
my son just sold a ps4 game on ebay,the buyer pays,all is good,so he packages it up and sends it via yodel tracked,Yodel try to deliver the parcel 3 times,but no one is home so they leave a card each time,then the buyer opens an item not recieved case,my son sent the buyer proof of the tracking and 3 failed delivery attempts and said they need to contact yodel if they still want the item otherwise it will be sent back to him.the buyer then escalates the case and ebay give them a refund,10 days later the item is showing as delivered on yodel tracking(obviously the buyer re arranged delivery),so a lesson learned these scammers know how to play the system,and my son is 40 quid down

Does eBay refund all scammed sellers if they remove a bad buyer? Or just let them all take the hit?

I can’t stand eBay these days.

Reactions: JT.
Never use yodel, use royal mail - if they cant deliver the package gets returned to you.
Not quite true, I send like 30 packages a month via Special Delivery and they attempt 3 times (and your right it does get returned if no one claims it after few weeks) But there is a little window where its sat at local post office and the buyer can re-arrange delivery or collection so can still get hold of it after 3 failed attempts (ie was on holiday or something)

Go to the seller help, open a chat and ask for agent. Request a call back, talk to the agent and explain what’s happened. In my experience if you tell eBay you have been a victim they will compensate you. Very likely they will refund your son and put a hex (so to speak) on the scammer.

You’ll need to speak to someone in person, they are generally very helpful and should put it right

Last edited:
Go to the seller help, open a chat and ask for agent. Request a call back, talk to the agent and explain what’s happened. In my experience if you tell eBay you’ve have been a victim they will compensate you. Very likely they will refund your son and put a hex (so to speak) on the scammer.

You’ll need to speak to someone in person, they are generally very helpful and should put it right
+1 on this.

Had a Yodel experience couple weeks ago trying to buy some coffee.
Said it was at the local hub (Forget where this was, but somewhere in the deep sarf).
Then out for delivery
Then couple days later was at the local hub (the Gateshead one this time)
Then "out for delivery"
then the status changed to "information unavailable at this time"

Spoke on chat and got fobbed off..
Spoke on chat next day and they tried to fob me off again saying its out for delivery. I wouldnt let it lie.. eventually I got "oh its been damaged in transit, contact the seller for a refund"

Meanwhile the seller was pretty much ignoring me.

Ended up claiming it back off my credit card company.
Moral of the story.. Avoid Yodel, Avoid Skull Crusher Coffee
Ive had some 4tb HDDs I need to list on ebay for about 4-5 months now - and this is one of the reasons I dont wanna.. ebay syndrome
:)

Ive had some 4tb HDDs I need to list on ebay for about 4-5 months now - and this is one of the reasons I dont wanna.. ebay syndrome
:)
eBay, in my 20+ years worth of experience is what 95% OK. I have had the odd person try it on, say the item wasn't delivered when it was - He tried a vague signature...
Spoke to customer service on ebay with the web chat and they sided with me and released the funds on hold back to me.

The fact the £40 scammer is no longer a user on eBay works in your favour. It may take a while and it is hassle but I'd say you'll get your money back.

Had yodel claim l signed for an item whilst I was in Portugal and my home cctv showed parcel just dumped outside and stolen by a random an hour later

That took a lot of calls to eBay to sort out that one

well my son managed to get through to someone on the phone eventually,although he thinks it was an indian call centre,and they have took all the information and are supposed to be getting back to him with their findings

Never use yodel, use royal mail - if they cant deliver the package gets returned to you.

I always use Parcelforce 24/48 tracked, had no issues yet in years of using them. Never ever use Yodel, Hermes and the other joke couriers. When buyers ask to use cheaper postal services I simply refuse.

Also had fairly good experience of Ebay solvng things after direct contact, takes time though.

Glad your son got sorted.

Back
Top Bottom