What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first "problem" and first "bodge :)

Entwisi

Registered
Hey all..

As per my intro I got a lovely Funhouse machine a couple of weeks ago. Well we all love it, my daughter's mates are round after school twice a week to play as it's so "cool" etc.

However I had as expected a couple of quirks.

First, the left bottom flipper was sticking, sometimes at full radius, sometimes halfway, and it never felt as powerful. If I manually flipped the flipper it was not smooth in either direction unlike the right-hand one. However when I raise the playfield to vertical it was fine. In short I realised the solenoid was under gravity falling slightly too low making the actuator itself run out of true. A cable tie holding it tightly in the bracket appears to have solved it.

Secondly we have situation under multiball where if a ball drops into the clear underpass from magic mirror at the same time a ball goes into the hole to the right of the exit chute there is a small part of the metal guide without a side and a ball gets lodged there.. This ends up with the game either stalling as it's "lost" a pinball or if another ball goes dow the hole to the right it also gets stuck as it can't roll past..

Any idea on how to fix this one?

I've attached a picky showing the bit with no "side" wher the ball gets lodged..

I tried a bit of sponge today bit it quickly blocked the normal flow so I've removed for now

I’m not familiar with the mechs on fun house but that metal assembly looks like something was attached to that bolt hole at some point. Do you have the manual? If not download it from www.ipdb.com it might show something that’s missing

It's "www.ipdb.org" not ".com" for the manual and is found here - https://www.ipdb.org/files/966/Will...November_1990_includes_low_res_schematics.pdf

Regarding the stuck balls, it looks like the mechanism has been out of the game and incorrectly re-fitted. Page 85 of 126 shows the fitment. looking at the pictures you've supplied, it is sitting too far back. In the first picture you can see the screw holding the scoop in place then a hole below it on the feeder mechanism for a screw to hold that in place. I think they are supposed to line up so that the same screw holds them both in place. You will need to unscrew the scoop and feeder, move the feeder forward to the correct position then secure with the screws. However it might not be that easy as the kicker (green coil at the top of your picture) is not aligned properly with the scoop and needs re-positioning. That probably why the feeder was put where it is now.

I'm guessing that the screws holding the kicker tore out of the playfield and rather than fill the hole (you can use a match and wood glue for the repair) then re-insert the screw to hold the kicker in the correct place, someone just moved it to the right slightly so that the screw held it in place. Once it is correctly aligned I think you can expect a much stronger kick out...!

Thanks guys!
Don't suppose anyone has a Funhouse who can picture the same area on theirs?

I get what you mean about it looking like it may be slightly too high, there are two marks on the other side where the ball has landed suggesting it has moved slightly back. However if I do that id have to bend the end so it sits at an angle or it would be underneath the hole itself. Could it be this piece has been replaced with one from a different machine and it's a few mm too short?

Here you go
16c2aeb18f2c4a9cc880ebfecdd8c8e9.jpg
cf48edef280aac982b970b5a240fdee8.jpg
c111e1ed74aff17ed7f4f0f893ea31da.jpg
a2a40e5bdedbb31bbad01d06a188ee47.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Cheers, yours is even further up than mine and clearly it's not meant to share the same mount screw. There seems to be a gap between it and the kicker chute as well?

Your kicker also seems to be slightly out of line of centre. I'm guessing all this is normal variations of machines. :)

Hello,

Re. the flipper solenoid - if it can move vertically, I'd suspect that the tubing sleeve fitted inside the plastic 'bobbin' of the solenoid is damaged, and not holding the solenoid in place properly.

Cheers, yours is even further up than mine and clearly it's not meant to share the same mount screw. There seems to be a gap between it and the kicker chute as well?

Your kicker also seems to be slightly out of line of centre. I'm guessing all this is normal variations of machines. :)

Now there's a photo for comparison I will amend my original suggestion with - it looks like you have a replacement scoop and that it has either been put (back?) in the wrong position or is the wrong scoop for the game...! @pinballmania might be able to advise if it's the correct scoop or not...

Back
Top Bottom