What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first ACDC experience

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Well, I just sunk a tenner in to ACDC, one has just arrived in the pub near me to replace a stern IJ!

The volume is set real low, not a good start.

I found it a bit boring to be honest, not a whole lot going on. As its new, the replay score is still low so I got a couple of free credits plus 3 free credits on the match sequence so I probably had a good half hour to 45 mins on it.

Maybe I need to session it with a couple of mates and a few beers.

It is bloody fast though. The jury's still out for me on this one.

Gaz

you are a lucky man if your local pub still has pinball in it, especially new games. enjoy
smile-1.png

The speed is awesome and with the volume turned up, it rocks!

A few people have said it is boring so I do wonder if it one for home use? Seems like each song is a mode to be completed and with various multiballs thrown in.

Wish they could have been more original..........AC/DC on tour, travel through different states, have a ton of modes, rock chicks, bar room brawls..........or some kind of highway to hell, complete with vehicles and an ultimate wizard mode of defeating the devil!!

Replay' date=' post: 1691989 said:
The speed is awesome and with the volume turned up, it rocks!

A few people have said it is boring so I do wonder if it one for home use? Seems like each song is a mode to be completed and with various multiballs thrown in.

Wish they could have been more original..........AC/DC on tour, travel through different states, have a ton of modes, rock chicks, bar room brawls..........or some kind of highway to hell, complete with vehicles and an ultimate wizard mode of defeating the devil!!

Mate, your version sounds awesome. Give old Gary Stern a call, you could get a job;-)

Yeah I reckon home use would get boring quickly if it was your only pin.

Be interested to try the LE version and see how much more variety it brings.

Look on the bright side it defo can't be any worse than Rolling Stones.

Give it time and get the volume cranked up for the full effect.

Like Dan said you are pretty lucky to have a modern title in your local pub.

Replay' date=' post: 1691989 said:
A few people have said it is boring so I do wonder if it one for home use?

Mmmm, wonder how many people ordered before playing?, if it's boring I'm glad I was not one
rolleyes-1.gif
, don't think I could ever own a music pin even it was my favourite band, can't help thinking that you would get sick of hearing the same songs over and over JMHO.

Dreads' date=' post: 1691998 said:
Mmmm, wonder how many people ordered before playing?, if it's boring I'm glad I was not one
rolleyes-1.gif
, don't think I could ever own a music pin even it was my favourite band, can't help thinking that you would get sick of hearing the same songs over and over JMHO.

I had that concern when i bought Guns and Roses, but by that logic i wondered why other pins theme music did or didn't get annoying. It just depends if you like the music or not i suppose.

Still yet to play this one so i dont wanna flame it without touching one up. With this in mind, i would go as far to say i have NEVER played a music themed pin i liked for more than one game.

I wish we had a local pub willing to fork out for pins, but sadly all we have here is a punch bag thing (rakes in the coin too) and an old jukebox with tunes only the landlord likes to listen to....

There is a great video of a few games on the LE - here -

Not the ideal angle, but the quality is superb. I think it would've been better if the track remembered where you got to if you chose the same song for consecutive balls to avoid the intro repitition. Not so much of an issue in a 2 player game if both players on different songs.

I'll love pinball forever and I'll love ACDC forever so this is a pin I will own. If only NIB LEs weren't so sodding expensive..>!

Awesome vid that one. Love most of the sounds and the cannon shot sequence. The lower playfield looks a little pointless although im sure a better player could whip it round a bit better. It also appears to be brutally difficult which would go along way in a home environment (y'know, that 'just one more game thing'). This could actually be the first music pin i ever liked....

Played the Pro again and it does remind me of T2. It is fun and fast but I am not convinced the rules are interesting enough for home use..........for me anyway. It is not a looker that is for sure;)

There was a good, objective review on Pinside yesterday of the LE. It looked at the hardware/cab/playfield and made some interesting points. One of the members of pinside who has a pre-order and (seems to me) only wants to hear good things contacted the reviewer/his company and it was removed! Apparently the video is on pinballninja too, but I cannot get the site to load. Worth a look if it pops up again, I will post here if it does.

Sterns refusal to accept any criticism is ridiculous. All trace of that video has been removed from the net now!

JJP had all sorts of problems with Gary threatening his vendors saying they would never get business again. This is pinball Gary, not mob wars!

Back
Top Bottom