What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My defective balls

gringo

Registered
5Years
image.jpeg honestly this is the first time I've ever posted pictures of my balls on a forum asking for help.

I recently got a load of new balls in from pinball mania to freshen up my games but for some reason when I put them in TWD they go like the picture above within a couple of days. I've tried 8 balls now and all do the same. The same balls are all absolutely fine in other games , even ones with magnets.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this ???

And I have cleaned the game, though not the ball trough but I wouldn't have thought that could do this...?

It doesn't wipe off with a cloth or scratch off so i don't think it's rubber...

image.jpeg Hummm...id be surprised if it was this as I have used it on all my other games but it's just this one machine that seems effected.

The magnet is a different design on TWD compared to my other games but again I'm sceptical as to if that's the cause.

I thought about this for a while before resorting to asking for help , it's a strange one :hmm:

Is there a sharp metal edge like a ramp entrance or a rubber missing somewhere when the ball hits it hard? Thus damaging itself then dirt maybe from the trough gets into the nicks in the ball. Have close inspection all over the game, is there a tunnel under the table that could be dirty?

James, I remember with my TWD, I put some layers of electrical tape over the edge of where the ball guides go from out of the shooter lane into the pop bumper area as it sounded like there was occasional ball on ball guide clanging going on. Might be worth a look

thanks for the comments , I ll have a go at cleaning trough, making sure any rough metal edges are covered and put a new ball in to see what happens

Back
Top Bottom