What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mustang

It might yet be a great player but it looks retro - in a bad wayo_O

Here are the features that were listed on Ford's own Mustang pinball machine page before they took it down:

Players will experience the thrill of building an amazing collection of the most desirable Mustangs; including GT's, Mach 1's, Cobras, Boss Mustangs and the 2015 Mustang.

Take your Mustangs racing against an array of colorful game characters in 8 different racing scenarios including drifting, drag racing, road races, rallies and police pursuits.

Take down the "SHIFT" drop targets to shift your way up thru the gears into "GEARS" Multiball.

Shoot around the playfield to earn Ford Racing parts and customize, modify and tune your Mustangs!

Advance thru the challenge ladder in order to race in the Silverball Stampede; an all-out coast to coast run against all of the wacky opponents in the game.

Features the voice of racing car driver and television host Tanner Foust.

Five decades of music to select from by artists like: Motorhead, Jan & Dean, The Romantics and more.

Artwork created by GT designer Camilo Pardo.

Special Features:
- "4 Barrel" action pop bumpers.
- Twin Stacked Supercharger ramps.
- "Donut Time" captive ball shot.
- M U S T A N G logo spell out feature indicates game progress.
- 1/24th scale decorative Mustang.
- "Mystery Ford" feature allows players to enhance their car collection with iconic cars from throughout the history of the brand.

Hmm. Hope it plays better than it looks. The playfield art just looks like they couldn't really be bothered. Wonder if the toy car does anything or is it just stuck there?

I don't suppose Stern even care if it appeals to or sells to the private collector:

"There are currently an estimated 3,200 exclusive Ford dealerships located in the United States. However, there are also an estimated 1,320 dealerships that sell Ford vehicles in addition to other brands".

If Ford puts one in just half of their dealerships it will be a sales success.

I'm confused on this one. Is it a standard release intended to go into pubs/homes and the Ford dealerships? Or just for the dealerships? Did Stern pay for it or was it paid for by Ford? Any one know the back story?:confused:

It's not on Phil's site or Electrocoin's but there again the "Luci" AC/DC also never made the PH site

Despite personally not liking the look of the thing if they have managed to shift units to the deals then that's a pretty shrewd business move. What next the McDonalds pin?

One thing I do like is the short time between announcement and release:)

Video is up on the mustang pinball Facebook page, can't seem to share the link though :(
Actually looks ok, appears to have a kick back and some nice call outs.
Not for me theme wise but it looks fast and hey it's another pinball so that's all good :)

Yeah - looks fast, and I'm sure fun can be had. Just really can't see many home owners laying out on this one , especially this side of the pond. Fast forward a few years though and people will prob be hailing it as an overlooked gem ;) Get those LE orders in NOW :D

Yeah - looks fast, and I'm sure fun can be had. Just really can't see many home owners laying out on this one , especially this side of the pond. Fast forward a few years though and people will prob be hailing it as an overlooked gem ;) Get those LE orders in NOW :D
Please don't be saying order an LE,
Poibugs still on the war path

Biggest surprise so far for me is reading Phil D on yahoo saying how good he thinks it is, and is considering buying one or trading his ST ticket for it or something. Maybe I read it wrong cos he also mentioned Motörhead and I never heard that in the YouTube vid

It seems the guys on U.K. Pinball like the thing, While on here its not going down to well.

First I have heard about Motorhead.

I find the similarity of initial destructive criticism targeted at a vague press release on EVERY new pin entertaining. Can it be Impulsive shootin from the hip with blurred observations trying to convince themselves and others this one is a dud and should not be considered ?. Is it value for money? ........... Will it earn money for the Manufacturer/ operator? Yes!!!......... Is it radical? ........ Will it be presentable/ reliable/durable?....... Will it have an acceptable light and sound show?. Will it give the player an addictive memorable game with hair raising, finger trembling, knee shaking, body experience which we all seek and desire?.

Ford Mustang??....Just add quality driving music and a sprinkle of John Trudeau (Dr Flash) and the negatives will soon be replaced by praise and a overwhelming desire to shoe- horn one into the collection..... It's a no brainer o.aolcdn.com_cdn.webmail.aol.com_resources_core_images_cool.png

Problem is that there's a rumor... then some initial pics... Then some dodgy video taken in a bar or at a show somewhere... and then finally people actually playing it. There's that much anticipation for new releases, alongside having to get in early if you want an LE, that i cant see how using that model Stern can expect anything else.

Now if they COMPLETED a game.... then released a video showing the game properly, people would be able to make more of a balanced oppinion. Till then, if the theme isnt outstanding, there will always be scepticism...

Now if they COMPLETED a game.... then released a video showing the game properly, people would be able to make more of a balanced oppinion. Till then, if the theme isnt outstanding, there will always be scepticism...

You really think that would change anything....!!! :eek:

Wasn't the Star Trek playfield met with initial disappointment? Now most seem to rave about it as one of their best.

Biggest surprise so far for me is reading Phil D on yahoo saying how good he thinks it is, and is considering buying one or trading his ST ticket for it or something. Maybe I read it wrong cos he also mentioned Motörhead and I never heard that in the YouTube vid

Far be it from me to throw around scandalous accusations, but Phil D is working quite closely with Mr Trudeau on Forbidden Planet, so there is a chance of bias there :)

I find the similarity of initial destructive criticism targeted at a vague press release on EVERY new pin entertaining.

Not EVERY new pin, just those uninspired regurgitated themes that have been done to death over and over. 50 year old rock bands, American cars and comic book-based machines spring to mind.

Motorhead?! oh there's a surprise..

Back
Top Bottom